Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 04:53 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,368,826 times

Advertisements

Why does Trump sound so unconvincing when he condemns violence?

Because he's reading words written by someone else that mean nothing to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2018, 05:57 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,845,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Speaking of unconvincing, have you heard Hillary contradicting her earlier statement that the Left shouldn't be civil but is now calling for everyone to kiss and have a group hug?
Hillary Clinton is a true statesperson. She has diplomatic skills, empathy and class; something that is missing in your president. She was trying to bring calm, to an otherwise horrible situation, in our country.

The more I think about the pipe bombs, the more I am convinced that trump has instigated this whole mess. He should be dragged out of the office of President and commander in chief and locked up for the rest of his life.

Lock Him Up!!! Impeachment is to good for this dude in chief.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:05 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,298,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No one is convinced a Republican did this.
I believe that most THINKING people of either party are not assuming that this was orchestrated by any simalance of the Republican or Democratic Party. To think that either of those parties would orchestrate this is reflective of a conspiracy beyond comprehension.

To be clear, I am saying I DO NOT THINK REPUBLICANS WERE BEHIND THE BOMBING.
To be equally clear, I am saying I DO NOT THINK THE DEMOCRATS DID THIS TO MAKE R'S LOOK BAD, EITHER.

What a lot of people are saying is that that someone unhinged got wrapped up in all of the vitriol rhetoric, and that might have pushed an unstable person over the edge.

I THINK it is very possible that someone has listened to all the rhetoric from Trump and his supporters, stuff that is said in his rallies, and came out thinking "wow, these Dems are really out to get us. As a good American, I MUST do something to stop them." <--that is how sick people think.

I think the above is most plausible.

I also understand that there are many who think it's equally plausible that some unhinged person has heard all the anti-Trump rhetoric, and said "wow, this guy is really out to destroy all that America stands for. As a good American, I MUST stop him at all cost." That person may have sent the bombs to "set him up" as some on here think. I PERSONALLY THINK that is less plausible, but I do assign the possibility of it being greater than zero. It is possible, just less plausible, in my OPINION.

Facts are this: We don't know yet, and it is equally likely that there is a completely different explanation.

Let's just see.

But to point: I don't think most THINKING people are saying that either party orchestrated this. I think they are saying that the rhetoric from "the other side" has caused an unstable person to go over the edge.

Old 10-26-2018, 10:54 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,570,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Hillary Clinton is a true statesperson. She has diplomatic skills, empathy and class; something that is missing in your president. She was trying to bring calm, to an otherwise horrible situation, in our country.

The more I think about the pipe bombs, the more I am convinced that trump has instigated this whole mess. He should be dragged out of the office of President and commander in chief and locked up for the rest of his life.

Lock Him Up!!! Impeachment is to good for this dude in chief.
Let me guess. You watch CNN. That's why you don't know about the ongoing investigation into the Clinton Foundation and how the fake Russia collusion story didn't reveal Trump was involved -- it revealed Hillary was involved! I always knew it would backfire on her.

Hillary is such a good diplomat she allowed foreign powers easy access to all of her emails from her unsecured private server.

She has empathy? Talk to Bill's sex victims. Hillary threatened them. Read any of a number of books about that or watch youtube interviews with the women.

The only ones instigating violence are Dems. Maxipad Waters Eric Holder, Cory Booker and others whom I've forgotten. These attacks on women and Republicans the past two years are ignored. Why do you think that is, sweetie?

Sorry, but you've been lied to by your fake news. Trump will serve two terms as President. It takes the Senate to get rid of him and even Dems admit there will be a few more Republicans elected after the midterms.

Why do you continue to believe the nonsense propaganda when they have been proven wrong over and over and over? Isn't the definition of insanity dong the same thing, expecting a different result? Or is that the definition of stupidity?

Old 10-26-2018, 11:05 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,830,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
You'd almost think his heart wasn't in it.

perhaps because of your blind hatred for trump?

Old 10-26-2018, 11:18 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,778,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Because half the time he’s either doped up on downers or drunk & the other half he’s just, well, a mentally stunted moron with limited vocabulary. It’s almosy painful to even watch him he’s so incapacitated most of the time.

What? Lots can be said about Trump but to say he is drunk or on drugs is simply not true.

Old 10-26-2018, 11:45 PM

6,735 posts, read 4,416,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
What? Lots can be said about Trump but to say he is drunk or on drugs is simply not true.

Maybe its all the chemicals in all those Diet Cokes he drinks every day thats making him nutty.

Old 10-27-2018, 02:48 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,671,835 times
Why does he sound so unconvincing when condemning violence?

Because he DOESN'T mean it! The only thing he relates to is "being tough", "a fighter", translated = being a bully - lashing out, not being agreeable or an honest, sincere and kind human. He does not relate to being empathetic, feeling compassion. As has been said, he is most likely a Sociopath. Remember, some have been trying to point out that he has PROBLEMS since the beginning when witnessing his behavior.

He is the most inauthentic guy on the planet. He cannot say anything naturally from the heart as another would, others having to provide something for him to read (squinting to see, since he would never stoop to wearing glasses which would make him admit to being older, weaker..in his mind). I mean, look at the trouble his vain self bothers with to create a fake hair style. Look how he tries to convince others he has an authentic marriage.

It's bad enough that he fakes his way through each and every day while acting "presidential". Isn't there an awareness how many have vacated the WH after discovering what he was about? The observances and remarks about him being "stupid" or "a child" are not unfounded. I would like to see how his followers would feel if they had to spend real time with one like this (sans being president), and see how one might feel after that period of someone not giving, caring, listening...it being all about them, needing to be pumped up.

People need to stop seeking to normalize him.

Last edited by In2itive_1; 10-27-2018 at 03:07 AM..

Old 10-27-2018, 04:58 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,671,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
You've got to go back and collect all of his statements to really understand where he is coming from.

Classic Trump quotes:

"I’d like to punch him in the face"
"Maybe he should have been roughed up"
"Part of the problem...is no one wants to hurt each other anymore"
"I don’t know if I’ll do the fighting myself or if other people will"
"The audience hit back. That’s what we need a little bit more of"
"If you do (hurt him), I’ll defend you in court, don’t worry about it"
"I’ll beat the crap out of you"
"Knock the crap out of him, would you? I promise you, I will pay your legal fees”
"If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know."
"Any guy that can do a body slam, he's my kind of ... He was my guy."
"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any voters"

These quotes reflect Trump's real beliefs, shared with many of his followers.
A lot of us do understand. It only took for this guy to become so public to be seen by most, but not all, for who he is, to create such divisiveness in the country (and let's not forget, he is highly disliked in places all over the world, besides). HE has caused this himself.

It's unreal that many cannot or will not see the truth, even with actual examples given proving how flawed a person he is. This just indicates how some will function within their own lives, not caring about authenticity, warmth or other positive qualities that relationships rely upon. They may not be sensitive, intuitive or analytical. Maybe they lie to themselves about everything.

This man is playing at being someone important, but he is not going to succeed with this deceitful charade forever. Some may continue to deceive themselves long after, but the main thing is, the country will ultimately be spared from his causing complete disaster.

Old 10-27-2018, 05:33 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,306,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
You'd almost think his heart wasn't in it.
You see this because you are wanting to see it. Every time I see Bill Clinton speak I see a devious, cunning smirk, when I see Hillary speak I see a smug, nasty grimace, and when I see Obama speak I see an arrogant, mocking expression. I base all of these on their personal character traits.

If someone sees Donald Trump in a negative light then they are also going to see something negative where it may or may not be. It's just human nature to want to see bad in someone that you think is bad. If I was a Democrat I would be looking for good in the people I named above and if you were a Republican you would be looking for good in Donald Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies