Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 08:15 AM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
because you do not like him
^^^^This. You hear what you want to hear, no matter what, or how he says it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2018, 08:16 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,933,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
You'd almost think his heart wasn't in it.
Because he's a black-hearted power-loving egomaniacal sociopath?

Old 10-28-2018, 08:16 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,374,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Hillary Clinton is a true statesperson. She has diplomatic skills, empathy and class; something that is missing in your president. She was trying to bring calm, to an otherwise horrible situation, in our country.

The more I think about the pipe bombs, the more I am convinced that trump has instigated this whole mess. He should be dragged out of the office of President and commander in chief and locked up for the rest of his life.

Lock Him Up!!! Impeachment is to good for this dude in chief.
Spoken like a true NPC. You wonder where the meme came from? Look in the mirror.

Old 10-28-2018, 08:22 AM

3,923 posts, read 3,648,840 times
Quote:
I'd say that's pretty much just a personal opinion, more than likely based on one's personal opinion of the president. Supporters of the president most likely wouldn't see it this way, while those who dislike or outright hate the man will always find something wrong with anything he says/does. That's just the way it goes for this president. Or any president for that matter. I know there were plenty of people who disliked Obama who would never have a good word to say about the man, no matter what he said/did. That's just how it goes.

Old 10-28-2018, 08:28 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
It must be you. I don't find him at all "unconvincing." I realize the Left wants to make him out to be evil, though.

Threads like this reflect badly on Demonrats. It shows their hatred.

Old 10-28-2018, 08:29 AM

3,923 posts, read 3,648,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Hillary Clinton is a true statesperson. She has diplomatic skills, empathy and class; something that is missing in your president. She was trying to bring calm, to an otherwise horrible situation, in our country.

The more I think about the pipe bombs, the more I am convinced that trump has instigated this whole mess. He should be dragged out of the office of President and commander in chief and locked up for the rest of his life.

Lock Him Up!!! Impeachment is to good for this dude in chief.
Look, it is your right to believe whatever you want and support whomever you choose, but please remember honesty is always the best policy. And while I take issue with some other parts of your post, what I've highlighted in bold is an outright lie. A politician who sends the message that the Democrats will only act civilized again once they regain power is not a person calling for calm. It's a person calling for continued harassment and civil unrest, directed at the Republican party. Also, her "empathy" is a sham. People really need to come to grips with the fact that these people don't "feel your pain" or "understand your plight". Hillary Clinton is a career politician, who has gotten rich through her ties in the political world. She is not one of us. And for that matter, neither is Donald Trump. However, he is definitely better at selling the whole "I'm one of you guys" than Hillary Clinton or pretty much any other politician I've ever seen.

Old 10-28-2018, 08:29 AM

586 posts, read 315,003 times
Quote:

Nonsense. You're obviously a Trump hater so it just sounds that way to you. I cannot abide Hillary Clinton so when she speaks it sounds to me like nails on a blackboard. Our perceptions are colored by our prejudices.

Old 10-28-2018, 08:36 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
That's it exactly. Liberals are anti Trump no matter what he does. If he started to work on a single payer healthcare program and national $20 minimum wage they'd suddenly be against it.
This is purely based on your feelings. You have no clue how folks would react.

I don't like Trump but was really pleased with his signing of the Save our Seas Act.

I still don't like him but glad he signed the act.

I was hopeful Trump was going to address the pharmaceutical corporations and their price gouging as he talked about in his campaign.

He is still 'talking' about it before this election. I would be pleased if he would take action, do something and stop talking about it.

I still don't like Trump.

I think that Trump supporters choose to believe that the criticism of Trump and his policies are baseless but if some would take the time to listen WHY some of us don't support Trump they might be surprised to find out some of the criticism is actually based on more than just feelings.

Old 10-28-2018, 08:51 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Because half the time he’s either doped up on downers or drunk & the other half he’s just, well, a mentally stunted moron with limited vocabulary. It’s almosy painful to even watch him he’s so incapacitated most of the time.
This is true. Do you ever notice how he never slurs his words when he is attacking someone? It's like Mel Tillis and singing.

When asked if he would 'tone it down', he said he would 'tone it up' and his drooling, toothless fan base cheered. And they'll keep cheering when the next round of bombs actually go off.

Old 10-28-2018, 09:02 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,812,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
The staff had to write a script for him, he was unable to compose his own thoughts on the subject.

It probably is related to a lifetime of screwing people over, if you care too much about the victims you will not accomplish your own selfish goals. Trump knows that the perpetrators of these last bomb threats were merely acting out on the same themes Trump has been hammering away at for three years now. Trump knows the bombers probably voted him, and would again ... if he doesn't turn them off.

Trump is notorious for his lack of empathy. It is a great advantage for a con artist, but not so endearing in the president of these United States.
No politician at this level composes his own thoughts, hence they all have speechwriters. I have never seen any other politician be allowed to do a free wheeling speech. They are all handled. Obama said some pretty dumb stuff off the cuff and we won't even mention Biden and his ridiculousness.

As to his lack of empathy, how do you know he doesn't actually have it? I am a very matter of fact speaker and have been accused of having no empathy, but I have plenty, it just doesn't come out verbally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies