Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 09:18 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
The shows you mentioned are not on regular network tv, it’s on cable.

No.

Those are not shows, those are movies.
I know the difference between a "show" and a movie, but thanks for playing. My point was that onscreen violence is nothing new.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2018, 09:22 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,569,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I know the difference between a "show" and a movie, but thanks for playing. My point was that onscreen violence is nothing new.
I don’t think you do know the difference, otherwise you would’ve called them movies, not shows. Movies that were played on the big screen initially, not brought into the living room on the small screen.

Thanks for playing.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:26 AM

99 posts, read 52,031 times
A better question is why does the press sound like idiots? Trump was too pro Israel, his daughter married and converted to the Jewish faith, and was sucking up to Benjamin Netanyahu, now some crazy shoots jews and Trump is anti jew. LOL How dumb do you have to be to not see the press is insane and fake.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:41 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMTWGA View Post
A better question is why does the press sound like idiots? Trump was too pro Israel, his daughter married and converted to the Jewish faith, and was sucking up to Benjamin Netanyahu, now some crazy shoots jews and Trump is anti jew. LOL How dumb do you have to be to not see the press is insane and fake.
It is not the press, but the RWNJ's who are insane.

It is ironic. Trump triggers anti-semites. They are nationalists and Trump claims to be a nationalist. The nationalist haters overlook the fact that Trump is surrounded by Jews (including Steven Miller inside and Shedon Adelson outside the white house). Trump's message encouragers haters and he encourages violence, he should have known that the anti-foreign message he spouts would spill over into anti-semitism. Trump is the closest thing anti-semites will ever get to a leader who winks at their shenanigans. The haters will vote for him again, and he knows it.

Had Trump been more conscious of the sensitive moral position he occupies he would have projected moral leadership from the beginning, and condemned neo-Nazi's at Charlottesville in a very definitive and final way. He chose not to do that. The cat is out of the bag.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
I don’t think you do know the difference, otherwise you would’ve called them movies, not shows. Movies that were played on the big screen initially, not brought into the living room on the small screen.

Thanks for playing.
Newsflash - lots of people sometimes call movies "shows." So what? People also call plays "shows" sometimes too. Or cabarets. And get this (this may really blow your mind) sometimes movies are called "flicks." OMG. And look - sometimes other words are used too!

https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/movie

Just for the record, my family has a long history in, errr, "show business."

Thanks for playing.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:47 AM

I think most people hear mostly what they want to hear and disregard the rest.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:49 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,569,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Newsflash - lots of people sometimes call movies "shows." So what? People also call plays "shows" sometimes too. Or cabarets.

Just for the record, my family has a long history in, errr, "show business."

Thanks for playing.
News flash: no one cares about your family business. The fact that you’re defensive is pretty funny though.

Movies are not tv shows. End of story.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:53 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
NPC Programming....
  • Trump condemns violence - Say you are not "convinced".
  • Hillary calls for Civil War - Say you are a deplorable for mentioning it, shutup.
Has to be seen to be believed.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:55 AM

Quote:
News flash: no one cares about your family business. The fact that you’re defensive is pretty funny though.

Movies are not tv shows. End of story.
No, sorry, not the end of the story.

https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/movie

And I never said that "movies are TV shows." Also, I don't expect you to be interested in my family's history in, errrrr SHOW business - simply pointing out the terminology and the fact that I'm familiar with it, whether you are or not.

And I'm not defensive - just clarifying. To be honest, I'm a little bored though.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:01 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Because it isn't. He promotes violence. Directly.

I have always promoted smacking those wanting to intimidate and bully, square in the nose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies