Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2018, 01:40 PM

15,070 posts, read 10,089,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
Yes, you are making a logical fallacy. Even if drug laws were actually yet another grand conspiracy against black folks, it doesn't follow that current drug laws should be abandoned. Opposition to and prohibition against drug use dates back at least to the Old Testament, as I pointed out to Raddo the other day.

You believe profit isn't driving the push for legalization, do you?
Do some reading before you respond

"There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz and swing, result from marijuana usage.
This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relation with Negroes, entertainers and any others."

-Harry Anslinger
Narcotics Commissioner of the United States
Marihuana Tax Act, signed Aug. 2, 1937

And figure out what logical fallacy means. I am only saying that the whole debate should actually be held again without the racism and profiteering motives that originally pushed for its ban. That is not a logical fallacy Your previous post is.

Laws made under false pretenses should absolutely be revisited..... They don't reflect the will of the people but rather the biased few that lie and cheat to justify their ends.

Last edited by usayit; 10-28-2018 at 02:00 PM..

Old 10-28-2018, 01:43 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,111,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Why not everyday? Given all the health benefits it has?
Because too much of something isn’t good. You can die from chugging too much water.

Old 10-28-2018, 01:55 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,652,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I sometimes post on the very bad impact of drug legalization, such as increased car crashes and ED visits. I was talking to a friend in the medical field and she mentioned the massive increase in drop out rates in states that legalized drugs. I had not heard of this (media blackout?) but I did some research and found it to be true:

https://www.evms.edu/about_evms/admi...opout-rate.php

We agreed to let states set marijuana policy for a few years without federal interference because we want to use states as laboratories and get some data. The data are in and they stink. I don’t know how any parent in America can support this based on the above study and all the negative impact we are seeing as a result of legalization. The experiment has failed. Time to lock American’s dangerous drugs back in the cabinet.
Alcohol kills 88,000 Americans each year.
All other drugs combined kill 30,000 Americans a year.
https://www.addictioncenter.com/comm...eadliest-drug/

"25 percent of American women have experienced sexual assault, including rape. Approximately one-half of those cases involve alcohol consumption by the perpetrator, victim, or both. Alcohol contributes to sexual assault through multiple pathways, often exacerbating existing risk factors."
https://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publicati...25-1/43-51.htm

And 50% of all people convicted of murder were under the influence of alcohol at the time of the homicide.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...4723529090002S

Alcohol kills over 2x as many people as all other drugs combined, alcohol is involved in 1/2 of rapes and sexual assaults, and 50% of murders are committed by people under the influence of alcohol.

Is it also time to make alcohol illegal, or should we only put people in prison for drugs that republicans oppose (like marijuana) ??

Old 10-28-2018, 02:04 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,112,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
And I have seen alcohol do the same.
Of course.

I don't care either way. I'm just appalled at the people here who are trying to make pot out to be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Old 10-28-2018, 02:05 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Because too much of something isn’t good. You can die from chugging too much water.
There's a good reason why you cant smoke weed and drive (similar to alcohol) and I can guarantee you, its not because they dont want you to overdose on all these health benefits, Lol. Both drugs (weed and alcohol) make you stupid, Lol. I should say "impaired" not to offend the pot smokers in here, but its the same thing.

Old 10-28-2018, 02:06 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,330,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Of course.

I don't care either way. I'm just appalled at the people here who are trying to make pot out to be the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Could you cite an example of that, please?

Old 10-28-2018, 02:13 PM

Quote:
There's a good reason why you cant smoke weed and drive (similar to alcohol) and I can guarantee you, its not because they dont want you to overdose on all these health benefits, Lol. Both drugs (weed and alcohol) make you stupid, Lol. I should say "impaired" not to offend the pot smokers in here, but its the same thing.
Its still an individual choice... You cannot argue that if something cannot be consumed safely in large quantities that that is the criteria to ban. There are many things that are bad for you and impair if consumed to large quantities. Even water. One of the symptoms of water intoxication is mental disorientation....

And no... You should not be driving impaired on anything. . Even on prescription drugs. Marajuana legalization doesn't equate to legal driving while under its influence.

Old 10-28-2018, 02:15 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Of course.

I'm not against pot usage (smoke all your heart and lungs desire) but to say it has all these health benefits is ridiculous. Ive only heard burnouts make these claims.

I smoke a big fat blunt on rare occasions when I want to relax and feel stupid; nothing wrong with that. It feels really good. But to say it has all these health benefits like spinach or broccoli is laughable. I would not want a surgeon cutting into me after smoking a blunt, or have a school bus driver drive my kids after he or she just ate a "breakfast brownie". Would any of you? i didn't think so, Lol

Old 10-28-2018, 02:20 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,330,909 times
Quote:
I'm not against pot usage (smoke all your heart and lungs desire) but to say it has all these health benefits is ridiculous. Ive only heard burnouts make these claims.

I smoke a big fat blunt on rare occasions when I want to relax and feel stupid; nothing wrong with that. It feels really good. But to say it has all these health benefits like spinach or broccoli is laughable. I would not want a surgeon cutting into me up after smoking a blunt, or have a school bus driver drive my kids after he or she just ate a "breakfast brownie". Would any of you? i didn't think so, Lol
So, do you mind if I write computer code while using it?

I use it during coding sessions for focus and creativity. Yes, I have to use the right strains for that. Using a heavy Indica which might be fine for relaxing or sleeping would not work for that purpose at all. But no "fat blunts", only a potent strain that requires only one or two hits.

Many who have no experience think very one-dimensionally when it comes to the usage of this plant, and think what I just wrote is a lie. It isn't. Cannabis usage is VERY common among software engineers. Research it. I have been in the High Tech field since the late 70's.

Where in the world are you seeing spinach and broccoli analogies?

Old 10-28-2018, 02:24 PM

O okEnhaling anything that involves smoke is hazardous to your health. For some that suffer in more drastic ways may consider the risk acceptable. For others, the risk is a personal choice to enjoy.

The key is individual freedom of choice. Whenever you create nanny laws even with the best of intentions, you will almost always take away the rights of another.

Individual risk to health shouldn't be the only criteria for ban. There are many things that would be banned of that low bar is Al that needed to met.

I don't need big government telling me how to live my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies