Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2018, 07:46 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,426,783 times

Advertisements

Dumb move man, dumb move. Never apologize in the Current Year; it only makes the outraged even more apoplectic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2018, 07:57 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,099,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamsack View Post
Looks like someone learned actions have consequences.

Old 11-13-2018, 08:03 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
So the photographer asked for the kids to give the "hi sign" and the kids didn't know what it meant so they went with the Nazi salute?

Furthermore, the photographer saw nothing wrong with the gesture and proceeded to snap the picture?

I'm going with a bold WTF? on this development.

Old 11-13-2018, 08:04 PM

1,239 posts, read 509,952 times
The problem is that we have other kids giving the ok sign in the same picture.
We'd have to be pretty ****ing stupid to believe that it's all coincidence.

I'm willing to believe that the parent said give the Heil sign, and some kids laughed and went along with it. Give those kids detention, and teach them about World War 2 and the nazi failures. If they were just stupid kids, the lessons learned will be of great benefit to them.

Old 11-13-2018, 08:10 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post

I'm willing to believe that the parent said give the Heil sign, and some kids laughed and went along with it. Give those kids detention, and teach them about World War 2 and the nazi failures. If they were just stupid kids, the lessons learned will be of great benefit to them.
We have the ok sign, the Nazi salute, and some kids not doing anything.

I have no clue at this point what the hell happened that day. All I know is that parents and a photographer not only allowed this to happen but may have encouraged it.

Pull the kids aside and talk to them. The adults? No clue what to do with them. Morons.

Old 11-13-2018, 08:11 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post

Okay, progress! Good job man!

Old 11-13-2018, 08:20 PM

4,818 posts, read 10,998,374 times
After having read much more today about on various pages and some info from parents who were there, I believe that most had no idea what they did was wrong and didnt mean it in a negative context. Take it as a learning experience, teach about the Holocaust and Nazi's more in depth and let the kids move on. Why did it take 6 months for this to come out, I still wonder about that.

Old 11-13-2018, 08:25 PM

4,197 posts, read 4,449,313 times
They are teenagers and it is a teachable moment. Make them put on a school play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fsql523bSj4

Those wanting to ruin the lives of teenagers rather than using it as a teaching moment reminds me of ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9PY_3E3h2c

More aptly, what shall we do to those teens who make conscious decisions to be destructive and engage in truly criminal behavior? Shall we get the guillotine sharpened?

Coming to a high school near you.....

Old 11-13-2018, 08:27 PM

2,068 posts, read 998,095 times
If their American History class was like mine, they never learned anything about WWII or the Nazis.

They spent too much time learning how Columbus didn't discover America and how the American settlers decimated the natives.

Old 11-13-2018, 08:28 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamsack View Post
After having read much more today about on various pages and some info from parents who were there, I believe that most had no idea what they did was wrong and didnt mean it in a negative context. Take it as a learning experience, teach about the Holocaust and Nazi's more in depth and let the kids move on. Why did it take 6 months for this to come out, I still wonder about that.
I am imagining perpetually offended people scanning the Internet trying to find things to be outraged about. This one just took a bit longer to find.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies