Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2018, 04:11 AM

8,386 posts, read 4,372,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post

Taking innocent events and trying to turn it into evil is a lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2018, 04:12 AM

27,194 posts, read 13,482,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
High school students photographed doing Nazi-type salute at prom

How do they know they weren't mimicking Spanish fascists from the 20th century?

edit: I removed the pic lest some Gestapo wannabe here reports me to teacher.
The Nazi's didn't invent that salute, it was taken from the Romans, and it's also shares similarities with America's own Bellamy Salute.

Roman salute - Wikipedia

It was also known as the Bellamy salute in the US at one time and was used as a gesture to accompany the Pledge of Allegiance in the United States.

The salue became controversial during WW2 and was seen as too similar to the Nazi salute Hitler salute, so in order to prevent further confusion or controversy, the United States Congress instituted the hand-over-the-heart gesture as the salute to be rendered by civilians during the Pledge of Allegiance in the United States, instead of the Bellamy salute.This was done when Congress amended the Flag Code on December 22, 1942.

Bellamy salute - Wikipedia

Old 11-14-2018, 04:12 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Of course there is. A salute is an expression, and hence protected by the 1st amendment. A public university is subject to honoring this 1st amendment to certain grounds, which is why many public universities are forced to allow certain people speak (even neo-nazis).

All these boys need to do is sue, and they will be heard. if they were smart, they'd all apply to the same university, and if they were all rejected, then they could pool their resources and sue.

And you truly need to stop being petty and vindictive.
Post just one case proving you are correct here.

Old 11-14-2018, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The reason we have a First Amendment is to protect speech, and expression in which we disagree.
***From government retaliation

Has NOTHING to do with college admissions, jobs or if I don't want my kid hanging out with a kid who thinks it's cool to worship Hitler and Nazism.

Old 11-14-2018, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The photographer suggested it?

WTF???

And nearly all the kids went along with it?

WTF???
This isn't this town's first rodeo with bigotry.

https://www.wiscnews.com/baraboonews...9bb2963f4.html

Old 11-14-2018, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Oh well. Maybe next time they will all hold up the middle finger. Hasn't anyone here ever been a teenager? Or were you still in a crib with your teddy in mommy's room at the time?
Middle finger =/= Nazi Salute

Old 11-14-2018, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I recall seeing both in high school. Nobody had a cow over it. And besides a very few classmates that became liberals and turned to crime (KIDDING)... anyway, besides a few classmates who turned to crime and drugs, all those "nazis" and "middle-fingerers" went on to be pretty much standard, run of the mill pillars of the community, with jobs, houses, wives, kids, 1.5 dogs, etc...

You people are having cows over trivial nonsense.
I went to high school in the 1990s. I don't EVER recall seeing ONE kid use that salute.

Stop trying to normalize this nonsense.

Old 11-14-2018, 04:22 AM

Quote:
I have noticed a large concentration of armor (Tigers, Panthers) and 88's in my sector. I'll let you know when they start moving. The weather has become really bad, so no air support here.
We live in the same area. There is a small, but vibrant group of Nazis and white supremacists in this region. Ironically, many of them are involved in the drug trade. Yet, they'll recruit people by blaming minorities for these problems.

Cowards and liars, the lot of them.

Old 11-14-2018, 04:25 AM

Quote:
What could be next? Goose stepping to marching bands? A few kids pulling a harmless prank, and the SJW's wet themselves. lol!
It's not a harmless prank. You know, how would you feel if it was your family who was dragged out of your home at gunpoint, your wife and children ripped away from you...you never saw any of them again. You find out later your wife was gassed and your kids had disgusting experiments performed on them. All by a weirdo, perverse group of people called Nazis who used this salute as a call to action, a sign of their devotion to their leader and their cause and even as a sign of greeting to other weirdo perverts.

You still think the sign is "harmless"?

Old 11-14-2018, 04:26 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
We live in the same area. There is a small, but vibrant group of Nazis and white supremacists in this region. Ironically, many of them are involved in the drug trade. Yet, they'll recruit people by blaming minorities for these problems.

Cowards and liars, the lot of them.

We do??? Howdy neighbor! I have lived here, on and off all my life, and have never seen white supremacists, or Nazi's anywhere. I am not saying they don't exist, but they must be a very, very small minority. I just think people get too worked up over essentially a high school prank.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies