Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2018, 05:22 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Anyone hailing a taxi in Baraboo WI, vil promptly be arrested!

Hey, it's me....over here!

fingers closed, black power salute, fingers open white power salute. white bad, black good.

'the day after the election someone was heard shouting white power'.... that would be enough evidence to imprison a political opponent in any iron curtain country.

If a Nazi salute, that's what high school boys major in, stupid.

Frightening days as we have the left wing critics making the rules and devising punishment for words and symbols, they interpret as evil, no matter their intent or perspective. Of course if a white supremist likes Campbell's soup, it means that anyone who buys Campbell's soup is a white supremist.

A neat slight of hand as the left tosses out some controversy where opponents are compelled to defend rights and that gets twisted into declaring they are defending the indefensible hate groups.
MEH -- When the picture surface the one kid who didn't raise his hand expressed his concern at the time knowing it wasn't right. What the wave wasn't right?

There was a deleted tweet from one of the boys "We even got the black kid to throw i tup." Throw what up a wave?

They knew what they were doing.

They obviously grow them stupid in this small town.

If we ignore stuff like this with our kids --- they grow up to be adults who dismiss stuff like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2018, 05:30 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I don't think it's a crime. But I wouldn't be sorry for any of them if they lost out on college admissions, scholarships or admission into the military.
You may not agree with a message, but everyone has a 1st amendment right to speak freely, no matter who is offended.

Old 11-14-2018, 05:32 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBPbd_JYIdw

Hate Speech is Free Speech

Old 11-14-2018, 05:35 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,664,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I don't think it's a crime. But I wouldn't be sorry for any of them if they lost out on college admissions, scholarships or admission into the military.
yes, and thats were i think the punishment will come from. I absolutely think colleges could and should use this against them for admissions.. scholarships you bet... unless of course there is a 5 star recruit getting a basketball or football scholarship and you can bet this will all be forgotten.. unfortunately. I know its harder to get into the military now that it used to be but i think the military is exactly what some of these kids need and hope the military would not deny any because of this...

Old 11-14-2018, 06:05 AM

30,170 posts, read 11,809,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Context, context, context.

Nice attempt to feign ignorance.

What is the context? They are children. Personally I would never take part in such a thing but who cares? People say and do all sorts of things that some may find offensive. We need to put on our big boy pants and grow up and deal with it.

Old 11-14-2018, 06:23 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You may not agree with a message, but everyone has a 1st amendment right to speak freely, no matter who is offended.
And again, I said I don't think it's a crime.

Natural consequences to stupid, thoughtless actions? Fine by me. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Old 11-14-2018, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
What is the context? They are children. Personally I would never take part in such a thing but who cares? People say and do all sorts of things that some may find offensive. We need to put on our big boy pants and grow up and deal with it.
So, what do you mean by this?

We aren't allowed to state our opinions on their actions? Colleges and employers aren't allowed to choose who they admit and hire?

I don't think they should be arrested but if any of the above happens, well, lesson learned.

Old 11-14-2018, 06:33 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Wasn't at the school and had nothing to do with the school.
Yelling, "White power!" in the halls and harassing the latino students sounds like it has something to do with the school.

Old 11-14-2018, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yelling, "White power!" in the halls and harassing the latino students sounds like it has something to do with the school.
Mhm.

There are several well-publicized instances of racism and xenophobic behaviors at this school and in this community.

Old 11-14-2018, 06:57 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
This is absolutely much ado about NOTHING. They're on the way to the prom, smiling and waving goodbye, at the suggestion of the photographer.

Geez.

They don't look - at all - like they're doing the Nazi salute.

Everyone back to work. Nothing to see here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies