Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 07:01 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
It's not surprising to see the right wing media attacking a potential presidential candidate early on. Lie, cheating and fear mongering are all the republicans have on their side at this point.
What right wing media is that? CNN, NBC, MSNBC, COMCAST, Disney, ESPN, ABC, CBS, PBS, Washington Post, New York Times, AP, Reuters, Google, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, and all the other outlets. That Media?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2018, 08:03 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
you can keep your guns if you like your guns!

accumulated restrictions equal a ban!

passage of ineffective gun regs are intended to eventually reach a theoretical conclusion that no guns equals no gun violence.

From the people who play the slippey slope card on every issue and decision. but it will lead to disaster......!!!

No need to ban guns, just keep passing small restrictions, penalties and financial cost through insurance, ban on specific weapons and above all prosecute guys like the one in DC who had an empty shell casing on his desk.

Nope we are not here to ban guns, we don't want to take your guns away..... can't have more than some many rounds, or reloading components, can't modify your gun unless a gunsmith does the work and runs your drivers id against the NICS database, you just can't keep them at home, must be locked up in the police station, oh, forgot usage fee for cops to store your guns, if your address on the firearms identification card is different from your home address, you have committed a crime and your guns will be confiscated. you must give up your guns if you get divorced, lengthy legal process to get them returned. these are based on and on actual incidents that have occurred or been proposed by legislators.

Create a burden to large people give up their guns...

So smirk and say no one wants to take your guns.... that approach only girds the loins of gun owners as the insincerity of that attempt to lull gun owners into a false sense of security fools no one.

I've had a bunch of firearms for decades.

No one is coming to get them.

Empty words from a politician don't get me running scared.

Looks like it gets to you, though.

Old 11-18-2018, 08:51 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,281,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

You won't 'get it' until they decide that your bolt action hunting rifle is now a "sniper rifle". Don't think it'll happen? There's been talk of banning .50 caliber "sniper rifles" for a while now, and one legislator has suggested that be extended to include .30s, as they're "intermediate sniper rifles". The ban on your 30-06 is in the works.

For all your caterwauling about empty words, the ONLY reason it hasn't happened yet is because we haven't reached a saturation point nationwide with these politicians. Overbearing legislation and bans are a reality in many states. You just keep on supporting these people, but don't you dare make a sound when your "bunch of firearms" is at risk. How long do you think it will take for a ban if you keep electing today's typical Democrat? Celebrate your 'blue wave'. Take care it doesn't bite you in the ass.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-18-2018 at 10:23 AM..

Old 11-18-2018, 08:54 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:

When everyone is armed, there are no cowards.

Old 11-18-2018, 12:02 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times
Swalwell is straight out of Central Casting as a smarmy politician.

Old 11-18-2018, 12:04 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,739,500 times
The level of sheer stupidity on Swalwell's part is absolutely epic.

Old 11-18-2018, 01:49 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Talking "It's an EMERGENCY!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
You won't 'get it' until they decide that your bolt action hunting rifle is now a "sniper rifle". Don't think it'll happen? There's been talk of banning .50 caliber "sniper rifles" for a while now, and one legislator has suggested that be extended to include .30s, as they're "intermediate sniper rifles". The ban on your 30-06 is in the works.

For all your caterwauling about empty words, the ONLY reason it hasn't happened yet is because we haven't reached a saturation point nationwide with these politicians. Overbearing legislation and bans are a reality in many states. You just keep on supporting these people, but don't you dare make a sound when your "bunch of firearms" is at risk. How long do you think it will take for a ban if you keep electing today's typical Democrat? Celebrate your 'blue wave'. Take care it doesn't bite you in the ass.
It gets to you, too.

Old 11-18-2018, 02:46 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,739,575 times
I don't have a problem with abolishing the Second Amendment and the confiscation of certain classifications of weapons if, on balance, it will save thousands of lives annually. I think the problem here lies simply in the total amount of guns in circulation. Australia only had to confiscate 600k+ firearms that were deemed illegal under its new laws.

So, let's say in this hypothetical scenario that the 2nd Amendment is abolished. Ok great, now what? We enact a (insert weapon) ban and institute a mandatory gun buyback program....Okay....Well, the U.S. has over 300 million total guns in circulation (by some estimates). Let's say 20% of those are made illegal under a new law, well that still leaves 60 million guns that would have to be confiscated.

That seems almost insurmountable to me, I don't know how you accomplish that. I'm less worried about how gun-owners will react in such a scenario, it's not going to start a civil war like some believe and any armed standoffs will be a very small group of people, not to mention short-lived.

Old 11-18-2018, 03:07 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
I don't have a problem with abolishing the Second Amendment and the confiscation of certain classifications of weapons if, on balance, it will save thousands of lives annually. I think the problem here lies simply in the total amount of guns in circulation. Australia only had to confiscate 600k+ firearms that were deemed illegal under its new laws.

So, let's say in this hypothetical scenario that the 2nd Amendment is abolished. Ok great, now what? We enact a (insert weapon) ban and institute a mandatory gun buyback program....Okay....Well, the U.S. has over 300 million total guns in circulation (by some estimates). Let's say 20% of those are made illegal under a new law, well that still leaves 60 million guns that would have to be confiscated.

That seems almost insurmountable to me, I don't know how you accomplish that. I'm less worried about how gun-owners will react in such a scenario, it's not going to start a civil war like some believe and any armed standoffs will be a very small group of people, not to mention short-lived.
Australia has more guns now than before the confiscation.

Old 11-18-2018, 03:13 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,373,638 times
Quote:
From the link:

“Ban assault weapons, buy them back,"

Not exactly a call to ban semi-automatic weapons in the US.

Relax.

Take a deep breath.

You think so? It comes down to how the ignorant liberals define "assault weapons". The nuts in Washington just passed an initiative that defines ALL semi auto rifles as "assault weapons". You don't honestly think that banning them all isn't the ultimate goal of the left, do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies