Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 04:16 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,145,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
What a great group of young people. They are our future for sure.

"The group singing was Crusaders for Life, a pro-life teen group known for their positivity, prayer, and yellow clothing. Though it was started by people from St. John Cantius parish in Chicago, IL (a parish famous for its traditional architecture, music, and liturgy), the group now has chapters around the country."
I notice that you seem to often post things that are just performances, right?

I doubt that a singing performance is anything by which to judge the future favorably, but if you think so, you must be pleased with Obama having publicly sung "Amazing Grace," as opposed to Trump who was mocked for appearing not to know the national anthem. I also don't see anything particularly commendable about wearing yellow.

Apropos of abortion, it may interest you to know that abortion rates have been dropping steadily for the last 30 years. And it's no trick for teens to be anti-abortion at a young age when they're more likely to just be echoing their parents views, and more likely never to have confronted a pregnancy crisis themselves.

Old 11-25-2018, 04:50 PM

2,448 posts, read 894,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I wouldn't consider this silly and petty:

https://www.worldhunger.org/world-child-hunger-facts/

Anyone who is truly "pro-life" would go to work to help starving children instead of protesting and singing.
This sort of logic won't get you far. How many migrants/"undocumented immigrants" have you taken in to your home? How much do you give annually to support them out of your pocketbook?

The problem with your argument is that it falls apart when you encounter someone like me, who supports TANF, Medicaid, who volunteers and so forth and also opposes abortion. It's far easier when you cling to some caricature of people on the other side.

I would agree with you if this particular scene had been a group of people mindlessly chanting mantras, like we saw with the Kavanaugh hearings or at the Women's Marches or from the bubbleheads on campuses who perpetually chant and scream as a substitute for coherent, logical thought. These folks weren't doing that whatsoever. This was measured and poignant.

And just as an aside, I'm one of those folks who wants the images of war...all those stupid, needless wars in which we engage...to be shown. I want people to be confronted with the charred, dismembered remains of the children we kill in war and then rationalize. For the same reasons, I want people to see the dismembered bodies of unborn children. Just as the right-wingers give me back all sorts of euphemisms and mental contortions to justify savagery of children in war, so does the left try to feed me all sorts of euphemisms and rationalizations for the obscenity of abortion. I prefer to cut through that crap and achieve some moral clarity.

Old 11-25-2018, 05:48 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You are wrong on multiple levels.

Abortions going down does not mean people are becoming more pro life(birth rates actually dropped), it means people use condoms and the pull out method more.

But seeing as you keep posting these threads and people have given you multiple links on the definitions of pro choice and pro life and young people, you already knew that.

Do you think continuing to repeat the same false premise is going to trick someone into thinking you are right LOL.
Where is your proof that you are correct? Link please.

It's wonderful to see young people who are pro life speaking out for unborn babies.

Old 11-25-2018, 05:50 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
No, it means that the ACA’s free birth control has been successful. More women can access IUDs and other birth control methods that are long-term and effective at preventing pregnancy and only have to pay for a copay at their doctor instead of having to pay expensive copays or not have them covered at all by insurance.
STD, birth rates, and abortion rates have been dropping since 2006, so you cant thank the ACA for this one.

Old 11-25-2018, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What would really be "pro-life" of these singers is to collect donations and food to feed the hungry children. Or, for them to stock shelves of food pantries.
You have no idea that they don't do these things as well.

Old 11-25-2018, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Where is your proof that you are correct? Link please.

It's wonderful to see young people who are pro life speaking out for unborn babies.
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...o-a-record-low

https://news.gallup.com/poll/235469/...ion-views.aspx

https://news.gallup.com/poll/235652/...on-rights.aspx

LOL, this info isnt that hard to find.

Old 11-25-2018, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
You have no idea that they don't do these things as well.
And yet, people like you never post examples of these pro life groups doing it. LOL

Old 11-25-2018, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
And yet, people like you never post examples of these pro life groups doing it. LOL
Most Christian groups I am aware of don't go out spouting about their good deeds. The press doesn't report the great works of Christians.

Old 11-25-2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Exploding birth rates, tell a different tale....
number of births and birth rates are not the same. birth rates have been declining for about a decade now.

Old 11-25-2018, 06:17 PM

25,775 posts, read 18,840,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
What a great group of young people. They are our future for sure.
They are your future only if you insulate yourself from the larger society this nation is becoming. The only way you will retain your culture/religion is by having sufficient numbers and sufficient insulation from negative factors that are always on the prowl to tear down traditional institutions and values.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies