Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 06:19 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,556,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
"Pulling out" is not a reliable method of birth control, and it's disappointing to see anyone promote it as such.

I do, however, agree with you that a large part of the reduction in abortions can be attributed to using BC methods that actually work. I see this as good news, but I suspect the OP is opposed to birth control in all forms other than sulfa denial and no acetol.

***Credit to Dear Abby for the aforementioned medical terminology.
I never said it was reliable, but it is certainly better than not doing so.

Old 11-25-2018, 06:21 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Most Christian groups I am aware of don't go out spouting about their good deeds. The press doesn't report the great works of Christians.

And yet here we are in a thread about their "good deeds" being reported on by "the press", and press specifically created to report on the works of Christians no less.

Old 11-25-2018, 06:28 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
No, it means that the ACA’s free birth control has been successful. More women can access IUDs and other birth control methods that are long-term and effective at preventing pregnancy and only have to pay for a copay at their doctor instead of having to pay expensive copays or not have them covered at all by insurance.
Yes because those condoms are so expensive. The only thing the ACA has been successful at is increasing costs. The most misnamed law in history. With that super majority we could have had single payer, or a system like Australias or Germanys or Norways.

Old 11-25-2018, 06:37 PM

25,775 posts, read 18,840,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Yes because those condoms are so expensive. The only thing the ACA has been successful at is increasing costs. The most misnamed law in history. With that super majority we could have had single payer, or a system like Australias or Germanys or Norways.
Translation: with that super majority, we could have had even more tyranny in addition to the tyranny that the Health Care Slavery Act gave us.

Old 11-25-2018, 06:53 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,683,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Condoms are not always effective and men are often reluctant to use them. So helpful when they are not the ones getting pregnant. An IUD is tremendously effective and lasts 3-10 years. There are other options that are also quite effective that are now only the cost of an office visit that women did not select before due to cost.

Old 11-25-2018, 08:00 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,523,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You are wrong on multiple levels.

Abortions going down does not mean people are becoming more pro life(birth rates actually dropped), it means people use condoms and the pull out method more.

But seeing as you keep posting these threads and people have given you multiple links on the definitions of pro choice and pro life and young people, you already knew that.

Do you think continuing to repeat the same false premise is going to trick someone into thinking you are right LOL.
Do you know how many times condoms and the so called "pull out method" fail? Plus I have posted multiply links on the same subjects. I don't think you look at any pro-life links.

Plus, why would you want to be pro-death? No future in that.

Old 11-25-2018, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What would really be "pro-life" of these singers is to collect donations and food to feed the hungry children. Or, for them to stock shelves of food pantries.
I bet they do.

Old 11-25-2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Then they should get to work instead of wasting time singing.
They can't do both? LOL

Old 11-25-2018, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, but no. Abortion became legal nationwide in 1973, and singing isn't going to change that.
No one said singing would----it's these young people who will change it. Hearts and minds will be changed.

Old 11-25-2018, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I notice that you seem to often post things that are just performances, right?

I doubt that a singing performance is anything by which to judge the future favorably, but if you think so, you must be pleased with Obama having publicly sung "Amazing Grace," as opposed to Trump who was mocked for appearing not to know the national anthem. I also don't see anything particularly commendable about wearing yellow.

Apropos of abortion, it may interest you to know that abortion rates have been dropping steadily for the last 30 years. And it's no trick for teens to be anti-abortion at a young age when they're more likely to just be echoing their parents views, and more likely never to have confronted a pregnancy crisis themselves.
It is people in this age range that PP targets the most to get abortions. They do have crisis pregnancies at this age, that is why PP likes to get into grade schools to teach the young kids where to go to get abortions. Big business you know and lots of money in it.

Last edited by janelle144; 11-25-2018 at 08:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies