Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2018, 08:55 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,600,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
I would suggest everyone read this: https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/15/us/gu...ine/index.html

It has a good timeline.
Thanks for posting this, Katarina. If this doesn't prove the little girl was too far gone by the time she reached a place where there was medical care, I don't know what does.

Old 12-15-2018, 09:02 AM

19,835 posts, read 12,092,300 times
The hospital was over four hours (sixty three minutes by helicopter) away from the Border Patrol Station which was ninety minutes from where the group of 163 was first encountered by BPA’s.

Old 12-15-2018, 09:02 AM
miu

17,767 posts, read 40,158,197 times
The father of that girl could have left her home with another family member. A Brazilian co-worker left behind her daughter to be raised by her grandfather while she immigrated legally to the US and established a life her. The daughter is an adult now and will be coming of to visit her mom soon.

And why should Americans get their panties in a bunch over these migrants' children? Children are not valued very highly in Central America. All over down there, there are homeless street urchin children begging from tourists and fending for themselves. Their parents don't practice any birth control and the parents can't afford to feed their numerous children and besides they keep making more babies that they can't afford to raise. So obviously this father didn't value his daughter very highly and was only using her to get into the US as a family unit or in this case, it isn't going to surprise me when some American ambulance-chasing lawyer offers to file a multi-million dollar lawsuit against the US government for him.

And forget this child, why aren't you more upset over ALL the thousands of starving children in Yemen??

Old 12-15-2018, 10:16 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,085,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
TRANSLATION: Fox News reported the situation accurately, and we liberals are horrified that the truth about us and our policies got out.
faux news rarely reports things accurately and labeling never is accurate the handling of people wanting to enter my country is a trumpIan inhumane policy no matter what drump protectors want to deflect or spin it remember repub have full reins now

Old 12-15-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I asked in another thread when you said you would be happy to take in illegals, so I'll ask again with the hopes of getting an answer this time. How many homeless Americans have you taken in?

Yes I would yes I have over 5 until I went to a senior apt now how about you???

I do not require your answer I have responsibility to answer to a higher power not on this earth as do you imho

Old 12-15-2018, 10:28 AM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
faux news rarely reports things accurately and labeling never is accurate the handling of people wanting to enter my country is a trumpIan inhumane policy no matter what drump protectors want to deflect or spin it remember repub have full reins now
Obama wasn't any different and under his administration, our border patrol used more tear gas and pepper spray trying to deter migrants from breaching our borders. And why would we want rock throwing, line jumping, faux asylum claiming illegals from coming into our country to become parasites of our generous welfare system? Especially when they have the option of living and working in Mexico instead. Especially when they have no desire to assimilate into American Society by ever learning English. And their children are a massive burden to our public school system and to the taxpayers funding it.

Old 12-15-2018, 10:35 AM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
So poor people from Honduras, walking to seek asylum in the U.S .are supposed to keep track of interim orders established a month ago?

From what I read, they turned themselves in to four CBP agents and asked for asylum, which is indeed legal.

Regardless of the interim order, and their legal or illegal status, providing water seems a small enough kindness to be be extended from four government officials.

I am stunned that people believe it is fine and dandy to let little girls die from lack of water.
But it's not a small kindness, it's the US getting stuck with these children and having to educate them in our public schools at no cost to these illegals!!! It costs us over $12K per illegal student per school year to educate them in our public school system, not counting the translators and tutors needed to try to teach these Spanish speaking children. And that translates into $144K for 12 years of grade school at the American taxpayers expense. And it lowers the quality of education for our American born students!!

And where are these illegal families suppose to live and work when our own American families are struggling to find affordable housing and raise their children?

Old 12-15-2018, 10:37 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,516,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I work for CBP (both for BP and OFO).

1) We are not medical doctor or trained paramedics.

2) The illegals that we catch at the border or between POEs are outnumbered CBP 10 to 1 in the most remote area far from medical facility.

3) We cannot diagnosed people for medical (refer to #1) unless they are asking for help or if the medical symptom is obvious( ie bleeding, passing out, seizure)

Can we not give some electrolytes to folks that have been traipsing through the desert for days? Hell, we do that for kids playing soccer.

Old 12-15-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Obama wasn't any different and under his administration, our border patrol used more tear gas and pepper spray trying to deter migrants from breaching our borders. And why would we want rock throwing, line jumping, faux asylum claiming illegals from coming into our country to become parasites of our generous welfare system? Especially when they have the option of living and working in Mexico instead. Especially when they have no desire to assimilate into American Society by ever learning English. And their children are a massive burden to our public school system and to the taxpayers funding it.

Oh here comes the Obama deflection spent my life doing work with children in poor family settings the biggest drains on all aspects of our economy are kids and adults that were born right here ,are NON HISPANIC,and products of family systems that have been on total government support for years!!!!

Immigrants come here to work not take get out from drump and faux misinformation.

BTW off topic MS 13 was formed in USA and not as portrayed as scary as other gangs that are also USA formed ------THE WORST GROUPS ARE PRIMARILY WHITE SUPREMIST AND MORE SCARY

Old 12-15-2018, 10:58 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,561,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Can we not give some electrolytes to folks that have been traipsing through the desert for days? Hell, we do that for kids playing soccer.
This has been discussed too many times to count. The girl was so dehydrated from her idiot parents dragging her through extreme conditions that her organs were shutting down. They airlifted her to a hospital and did everything they could to help her but it was too late. The blame of her death rests completely on her parents.

Maybe this will teach future illegals to think twice before dragging their poor children into hazardous territory and either provide them with proper nutrition and water before taking off on such a long journey or better yet, stay where you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies