Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2018, 08:29 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The irony of this is beyond delicious. Trump haters unhappy to see war end.

So called "progressives" are very very happy for pointless wars of choice. 1000s killed, 100s of 1000s maimed for life, and millions permanently displaces and they don't care as long as they can go off on Trump. It has to be seen to be believed.
Forget the self-delusion here. Back in the day when I was an anti-Vietnam activist, we enjoyed the support of a huge body of expert opinion that the war was exactly what we were saying it was. I'm not seeing that here. If you have someone other than Putin or Assad or Erdogan saying this is a good decision on the part of Trump, please share it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2018, 08:31 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
What "everyones" are you referring to? The anti-war left that have been protesting America's involvement in the ME for nearly 2 decades...but now are in favor of our militaristic adventures now that Trump is withdrawing our forces? TDS is alive and well in your little world I see.

They are hypocrites. Whatever Trump does is wrong. If it had been Obama to pull out of Syria they would say what a great humanitarian, and peaceful President, but since it is Trump it is a terrible move. There is nor reason we should be there, and in some of the other places around the world.

Old 12-20-2018, 08:31 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Who? Name some. The stunning reality is that "everyone" other than the gaggle of ignorant Trump apologists and Russian operatives is opposed to this.
Not true. Many of us who are Dems have consistently posted that we should get out of ALL countries.

Old 12-20-2018, 08:32 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,060,202 times
I notice a move like this turns liberals into hawks so they can complain about President Trump.

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Everyone EXCEPT the "nation building" neo-cons of both parties that think we should be forcing our views on nations worldwide are in favor of getting out troops out of Syria.
We were not building anything in Syria.

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Forget the self-delusion here. Back in the day when I was an anti-Vietnam activist, we enjoyed the support of a huge body of expert opinion that the war was exactly what we were saying it was. I'm not seeing that here. If you have someone other than Putin or Assad or Erdogan saying this is a good decision on the part of Trump, please share it.
i.e. Draft dodger. Now you hope and pray that our soldiers stay on the front lines fighting for something that has even less justification than Vietnam and something that you were against because of 'opinion' not principle.

Dear you are digging that "orange man bad" deeper and deeper.

This was an Obama "War of Choice", even the UK abandoned him on it, and there is no reason for us to be there. You only support it because Trump is against continuing in that quagmire. Nobody is fooled by that argument.

Old 12-20-2018, 08:34 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
So now you libs are war hawks?
It is unbelievable. Whatever Trump does, they oppose.

The Kurds are on their own, we've armed them, but we aren't going to fight for them. Enough of being the world's policeman.

Old 12-20-2018, 08:35 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,863,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
You can read all about it here:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...wal-syria.html

What a fool. Russia is thrilled with his stupidity...as is Iran. He bows to Putin once again....who must be laughing hysterically...

No wonder Putin wanted him in the White House!

Old 12-20-2018, 08:36 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
i.e. Draft dodger. Now you hope and pray that our soldiers stay on the front lines fighting for something that has even less justification than Vietnam and something that you were against because of 'opinion' not principle.

Dear you are digging that "orange man bad" deeper and deeper.

This was an Obama "War of Choice", even the UK abandoned him on it, and there is no reason for us to be there. You only support it because Trump is against continuing in that quagmire. Nobody is fooled by that argument.
No. Vietnam combat vet, actually. Draftee, 11-Bravo. I know first hand what war is. How about you, dear?

Old 12-20-2018, 08:37 AM

2,362 posts, read 778,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
It is unbelievable. Whatever Trump does, they oppose.

The Kurds are on their own, we've armed them, but we aren't going to fight for them. Enough of being the world's policeman.
The Kurds are doing fine, there is a self-proclaimed Kurdistan state in Iraq. Maybe one day it will get recognition (against the will of both Iraq and Turkey). Kurdistan is not going away, and eventually the Kurds will have their own country.

Btw, do you know that the Kurds are essentially Iranians? Their language is the western branch of the Indo-Iranian tree and they have many cultural similarities to Iranians. They're essentially holdovers when the Persian empire stretched all the way into Anatolia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies