Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2018, 06:28 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
it appears these question have been answered.

I side with General Mattis... and I respect the Allies who stand against such a withdrawal...

We the American People better hurry up and get this Trump buffoon out of the seat of our Presidency. Trump is setting up the stage that Russia wants.. which is the dominance in Syria..... Its about as absurd as the obsession over a wall... It should be investigated as to the contractors he has lined up to suck the coffier's dry behind a wall that has no end budget, but every means to fleece the nation... I bet if they dig deep enough they can find links to Trump and any of the Contractors he is desperately trying to fill their pockets.

For all we know, Putin could have made a deal with Trump to get Russian Dominance in Syria in exchange for allowing Trumps crooked kids to build something in Russia.
This is entirely believable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2018, 06:32 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
American troops are not leaving Syria. Period. There's too much money to be lost by the people behind it. Just get over it, it's not going to happen.
Yes. going from overt to covert.

Quote:

I side with General Mattis... and I respect the Allies who stand against such a withdrawal...

We the American People better hurry up and get this Trump buffoon out of the seat of our Presidency. Trump is setting up the stage that Russia wants.. which is the dominance in Syria..... Its about as absurd as the obsession over a wall... It should be investigated as to the contractors he has lined up to suck the coffier's dry behind a wall that has no end budget, but every means to fleece the nation... I bet if they dig deep enough they can find links to Trump and any of the Contractors he is desperately trying to fill their pockets.

For all we know, Putin could have made a deal with Trump to get Russian Dominance in Syria in exchange for allowing Trumps crooked kids to build something in Russia.
Oh, then why the allies not step up and fill the void? It is only 2000 troops...

Old 12-20-2018, 06:42 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:

You bring up a good point, why didn't he negotiate to also have Russia withdraw.

Old 12-20-2018, 06:48 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times
I think that this withdrawal will be coupled with a withering Israeli attack on Hezbollah and Syria.

Old 12-20-2018, 06:48 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You bring up a good point, why didn't he negotiate to also have Russia withdraw.
Russia has been invited by the Syrian government, the US has not. The US for all intent and purpose, is illegally occupying a country. The US is also supporting not state entities to overthrow a government, basically involving themselves in the internal affairs of a country (yet you all here get upset over Russia interfering in our elections, our internal matters).

When the US gets an invite by Syria, then perhaps I would be more likely to support such deployment.

Old 12-20-2018, 06:49 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,434,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I think that this withdrawal will be coupled with a withering Israeli attack on Hezbollah and Syria.
The other way around. Israel will attack Syria illegally like they have already been doing.

Old 12-20-2018, 07:40 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Russia can have Syria for all I care. Let Syria drain Russia like Afghanistan did to them and now us.
Syria has nothing for Russia. Niether do they hav eanything in common with a religious state like Iran. Sooner or later they will start fighting each other. Besides, what are we doing joining Iran and Russia bobming ISIS? Which side are we on?

Old 12-20-2018, 07:44 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post

When the US gets an invite by Syria, then perhaps I would be more likely to support such deployment.
You wish. Let Iran and Russia spill blood fighting ISIS. If I had my way, I would arm ISIS, just enough, and let them loose. Let's see how many Iranian convoys reach Beirut.

Old 12-20-2018, 08:02 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Syria has nothing for Russia. Niether do they hav eanything in common with a religious state like Iran. Sooner or later they will start fighting each other. Besides, what are we doing joining Iran and Russia bobming ISIS? Which side are we on?
Nobody really knows.

Old 12-20-2018, 08:42 PM

15,971 posts, read 7,032,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Sorry, but it was Bush's war before Obama's, and Clinton's war before Bush. In one form or another, we have been fighting in the Middle East since Reagan's first term. That's over 30 years of off-again, on-again warfare, off-again, on-again occupation of foreign countries, and continual interference with other nations in their leadership and conduct.

How has this 38-year effort brought peace? There has been no peace. We move in and occupy, they move out. We begin to draw down, and they come back. We leave, they re-occupy. Over and over. The groups change, but their actions never change.

While I very seldom agree with anything Trump does, and I think he may be ordering this withdrawal for the wrong reasons, I tend to agree with it.

Unconditional victory in the Middle East is an impossibility. Continual occupation has not brought peace. Killing the leadership of a group has not brought peace.

It is past time for our leaders to do a complete assessment of the realities we face in the Middle East and form a policy that is based on the realities we have faced there for so long.

if Trump's order brings about this assessment, it's good, even if his reasons for it may be wrong. Since nothing we have done for so long has ever worked as we wanted, it's time for some deep re-considering.
Totally agree with this post. We have lost so many American lives and have also killed so many thousands. Drone attacks with "collateral damage" because we don't want to say human lives. This is one thing I support Trump's action and as you say his motive may be suspect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies