Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2018, 09:56 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,844,229 times

Advertisements

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/12/22/p...ike/index.html

Any business man worth his salt who had dealt with interest rate and liquidity issues caused by various Fed chairmen and with Fed policies over the 50 years he has been in business...
Any man who has donated to politicians and pal-ed around with politicians over the years...
Any man claiming to be a Wharton business graduate...
Any man who has the gall to think he is competent to run for President (3 times all total)...
And finally--
Any man who IS POTUS and actually APPOINTS someone to be Fed chairman...

And does not know this is an appointment for a specific term and not a "fire-able" contestant...

Well, that man is just an idiot...

totally unconcerned with who he puts in one of the most powerful and unrestrained-from-his-influence posts,
Someone who orchestrates the American monetary system, the American dollar and thus its global influence, and has tremendous power to thwart a President's policies and objectives...

Johnson went through battles with McChesney but Johnson never asked anyone if he couldn't just 'fire him" to find someone more willing to kowtow to his wishes...

This whining about why he can't just fire Powell and install some lickspittal to smooth out fissures causing Trump problems with the economy and the market are markers of Trump's "business" attitude maybe--
If someone doesn't give the boss results that s/he like--when the boss is responsible for poor communication, and created part of the problems to start with--maybe the boss can fire that employee--
But it doesn't happen that way between the Fed Chairman and the President...

He certainly knew Kavanaugh was a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court--
He wanted him in there where he couldn't be prised out because he is viewed as a conservatist' wet dream
Lot of self-protection involved with that choice as well...
Powell was just another job slot he had to nominate someone to fill--and maybe he thought Powell would be grateful to get the nod that he would kiss the ring when asked...
Didn't spend lot of time analyzing the man--probably spent no time at all considering various situations that might occur and forecasting how Powell might respond--
Wonder how long the interview lasted if there was one face to face...

Kicking the door he stubs his toe on is an immature action by a child which you might excuse--
But acting like a child when faced with a situation HE is responsible for--that's pure Trump

Just another example of why he is an embarassment to himself and this country...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2018, 10:15 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,576,131 times
lol - and yet he is POTUS! Covfefe, baby.

Old 12-22-2018, 11:54 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,118,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/12/22/p...ike/index.html

Any business man worth his salt who had dealt with interest rate and liquidity issues caused by various Fed chairmen and with Fed policies over the 50 years he has been in business...
Any man who has donated to politicians and pal-ed around with politicians over the years...
Any man claiming to be a Wharton business graduate...
Any man who has the gall to think he is competent to run for President (3 times all total)...
And finally--
Any man who IS POTUS and actually APPOINTS someone to be Fed chairman...

And does not know this is an appointment for a specific term and not a "fire-able" contestant...

Well, that man is just an idiot...

totally unconcerned with who he puts in one of the most powerful and unrestrained-from-his-influence posts,
Someone who orchestrates the American monetary system, the American dollar and thus its global influence, and has tremendous power to thwart a President's policies and objectives...

Johnson went through battles with McChesney but Johnson never asked anyone if he couldn't just 'fire him" to find someone more willing to kowtow to his wishes...

This whining about why he can't just fire Powell and install some lickspittal to smooth out fissures causing Trump problems with the economy and the market are markers of Trump's "business" attitude maybe--
If someone doesn't give the boss results that s/he like--when the boss is responsible for poor communication, and created part of the problems to start with--maybe the boss can fire that employee--
But it doesn't happen that way between the Fed Chairman and the President...

He certainly knew Kavanaugh was a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court--
He wanted him in there where he couldn't be prised out because he is viewed as a conservatist' wet dream
Lot of self-protection involved with that choice as well...
Powell was just another job slot he had to nominate someone to fill--and maybe he thought Powell would be grateful to get the nod that he would kiss the ring when asked...
Didn't spend lot of time analyzing the man--probably spent no time at all considering various situations that might occur and forecasting how Powell might respond--
Wonder how long the interview lasted if there was one face to face...

Kicking the door he stubs his toe on is an immature action by a child which you might excuse--
But acting like a child when faced with a situation HE is responsible for--that's pure Trump

Just another example of why he is an embarassment to himself and this country...
Trump has proven his idiocy for his entire adult life and likely when he was a kid as well, which is why his parents shipped him off to a military academy which he has likened to actually being in the military.

Old 12-23-2018, 12:04 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,020,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
He claimed that Trump is the president. And that prompted you to question his grip on reality? Sounds like you're the one with the drug problem.

I think you misunderstood Phil's post. I believe he was asking if Trump's covfefe is coffee laced with the mind-altering drugs that Trump uses to detach himself from reality. It certainly makes sense to me.

Old 12-23-2018, 12:09 AM

5,790 posts, read 3,597,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
He claimed that Trump is the president. And that prompted you to question his grip on reality? Sounds like you're the one with the drug problem.
You get an YUUUUUGE F for Reading Comprehension!

I wasn't questioning anything at all, let alone Buckeye's claim Trump actually is president - including Trump's grip on reality. Buckeye's "Covfefe, baby" remark means this: Trump is actually an incompetent president, and by implication expresses agreement with the OP. I built on that saying that Trump's own bizarre Covfefe tweet is further evidence of his shocking, shocking incompetence. Hell, even a 4th grader can figure out that much!

No, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I think you saw the meaning of my post, especially juxtaposed against the first two. You're simply trying to twist and distort my posts meaning. Put bluntly, you're being dishonest.

Old 12-23-2018, 01:24 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,407,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConservativesRule View Post
Trump's whole deal is NOT being a politician. Which is what the people wanted. The people were tired of these slick shyster lawyers...we've had far too many of these people as it is, and they almost always do a terrible job.
So who would you like to see in charge of the law? Lawyers, who have studied law and re-studied it, and re-re-studied it again; or non-law-educated so-called "real estate moguls," who claim that they know it (BS, they rely on their lawyers), but by their acts, prove that they know nothing about it? And who think that being President of the US equals to "President Grand Generalissimo Emperor for Life"?

Seriously, Mr. Trump knows nothing about United States law and politics and constitution. Quite frankly, as a United States constitutional scholar, I am confident when I state that he knows nothing about his own country's Constitution. Mr. Trump knows nothing about the document, period. He just tweets and grouses and holds "I Love Me" rallies in Buttf***, Nowhere, for the idiots who think he's the bestest, bigliest, President ever.

As a foreigner, I used to hold the United States in high esteem. I still do, as regards the United States, but its current President--Mr. Trump--is a whackadoodle jackass.

Old 12-23-2018, 01:43 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,118,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConservativesRule View Post
Being a maverick doesn't mean you're stupid.

Not playing "by the rules" can actually be a sign of intelligence.

Trump's whole deal is NOT being a politician. Which is what the people wanted. The people were tired of these slick shyster lawyers...we've had far too many of these people as it is, and they almost always do a terrible job.

From starting civil wars to bankrupting the country to just sheer incompetence, they largely and almost always just suck.

With the exception of Nixon, there hasn't been a decent lawyer president since Adams.
And Trump is the epitome of decency...
Quote:
Trump University Was a Massive Scam
https://www.theatlantic.com/business...minars/284450/

Hundreds allege Donald Trump doesn’t pay his bills
Among those who say billionaire didn't pay: dishwashers, painters, waiters
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...uits/85297274/
So tell me...how does it come to pass that you do not know this? And if you are aware of his scams, how do you continue to pretend that Trump is not a grifter and thief?

And the real astounding thing is that you would support having an agent of Putin's in The Oval Office. Are you Russian? You must be.

Old 12-23-2018, 02:32 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,626,486 times
Well, it took a lot of idiots to vote for Trump. I sure didn't vote for him after all the things he said and did during the election. If I did vote for him, I don't see how I could be living with myself from feeling like a gullible fool and idiot. Trump is a slick shyster in his own way. Who knows what he says about his voters behind their backs?

Old 12-23-2018, 02:42 AM

24,606 posts, read 9,442,839 times
He was smart enough to beat Hillary, that counts for something.

Old 12-23-2018, 02:44 AM

5,790 posts, read 3,597,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Well, it took a lot of idiots to vote for Trump. I sure didn't vote for him after all the things he said and did during the election. If I did vote for him, I don't see how I could be living with myself from feeling like a gullible fool and idiot. Trump is a slick shyster in his own way. Who knows what he says about his voters behind their backs?
He did make a remark about "Dumb Southerners" during one of his feuds with Jeff Sessions. I'm pretty sure he doesn't think particularly highly about other parts of "Red America" either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies