Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2019, 04:27 PM

24,475 posts, read 17,215,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
It goes against his beliefs as a Catholic???... Father Roy is waaay overdue for a pilgrimage to Vatican City!!!

Yeah exactly. the Vatican has like a 50 foot tall wall all around and not to mention guards and electronic surveillance 24/7 but oh well.

Why not put the wall up where we can and where people will appreciate it instead? Let the illegal aliens swarm to places like this church and they can help them while border agents wait in the parking lot to arrest the border jumpers.

Old 01-10-2019, 04:27 PM

35,688 posts, read 21,042,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I couldn't find anywhere in the OP link that said how long it took to cut through? You would need to cut two of them to fit a person. The fences will be in regularly patrolled areas right?
If they had the man power or drones. Would not need the wall!

Old 01-10-2019, 04:29 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,620,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
He said that Mexico will pay for the wall. Period. Only a fool would of believed him. Period.
More like the #Cult45# !

Remember when he said he could shoot somebody on 5th. Avenue and get away with it?

Old 01-10-2019, 04:31 PM

24,475 posts, read 17,215,678 times
What an idiot. While he is in Texas maybe he can head over to a ranch where they have those long horn bulls and we will see which side of the barrier that he chooses to stand on.

Imagine that Jim a barrier is used to keep potentially dangerous animals in and keeping hapless fools like you out so you don't get hurt by the bull.

Old 01-10-2019, 04:33 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,014,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
I'm not on the border and, frankly, don't have strong personal reactions to fencing. No way do I want floods of people coming across. The San Diego fencing was among the earliest (predating the 2006 Act) and without a doubt that is both effective and needed. The same may well be true for El Paso.

Well and good, although it strikes me he's a bit late. For him to finally pay attention, we need to have this stand-off with the Democrats and shut down the government? This appears to be a major issue, and one of the reasons why some of the fencing that was built after 2006 was so ineffective. You got fences that start and stop without reason, with the lawsuits ongoing from a decade ago.

A concrete barrier for the entire 2,000 miles. Are we back to THAT? Beyond the fact that many Americans who live on the border are adamantly opposed ... that strikes me as a bloody awful idea. You must have seen aerial photos.

Portions of the border are open country ... seemingly empty, dotted only with cacti. Other sections are drop-dead gorgeous, with the national park etc. There is the private land. The border down the center of the Rio Grande, yes? Are we to "give" the water to Mexico with a wall on the US side? No idea.

Trying to wall it all would be a bit of tragedy - maybe not for you, maybe not for me but certainly for those who live on and use the border. Placing some walls without careful planning would funnel traffic to unwalled segments.

Where illegal immigration is a problem - deal with it, but deal with it effectively. One of the tools can be fencing (certainly). It may well be that only a "minimal" amount of double-walled fencing is required for any upgraded border security plan.

Frankly, I'd planned to listen to Trump's address to the nation the other night wondering if he would present a plan with references to detailed analysis - to address various concerns. I lost track of time to realize that it was 9:20 and I'd missed him. So I guess whatever he said was not THAT. (On the contrary for I saw some blurb that he's all ticked off that his aides "made" him do the address.)
a synopsis;

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opini...cid=spartanntp

Old 01-10-2019, 04:33 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,112,436 times
Hey. I'd be ok with this kind of wall happening there.

Roger Waters Wants to Perform 'The Wall' on US-Mexico Border

Old 01-10-2019, 04:37 PM

35,688 posts, read 21,042,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
We could come up with all sorts of crazy alternatives:

How about an underground shock fence like the barriers used for dogs, just a stronger shock?
How about drones constantly patrolling the border armed with tasers?
How about a canal filled with Gators (previously mentioned) or piranha?
How about sniper platforms every mile manned 24/7?
The minds wander around sometimes and go dark- sick thread

Old 01-10-2019, 04:39 PM

42,841 posts, read 26,253,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
People change their minds....I think the left called it "evolving" yea...that's it, evolving...
Obama did not have to sign it....the money is gone....
And you even lied:
The quote below is from your link:
This love affair that Cult45 has with Trump is strange to say the least.

Old 01-10-2019, 04:40 PM

18,454 posts, read 7,085,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
If they had the man power or drones. Would not need the wall!
Imagine if you had manpower, drones, cameras, tunnel sensors and a wall!!!

That'd be AWESOME

Old 01-10-2019, 04:41 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,529,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
More like the #Cult45# !

Remember when he said he could shoot somebody on 5th. Avenue and get away with it?
Exactly. That’s one hell of a con he played and continues to play on his supporters. One can only imagine the excuses for him if he did shoot someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies