Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 01:17 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,676,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
She definitely kicked his hind end.

Ken
Someone had to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2019, 01:18 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,698,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I have a feeling that the newbies in Congress that are itching for radical change and righty so, have a new found respect for her today.
New is good, but old-style isn't bad. I suspect that she'll have quite a few willing students. She did an interview a while back. She said that she wants to get several people up to speed.

Old 01-24-2019, 01:20 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Any reservations I had about her becoming speaker again, have been put to rest. I doubt if there's anyone who could have (and will again) given him his comeuppance so well. Boy, wouldn't Putin be in pain, if she became president? Sanctions, anyone?
There is a lot at stake now and the nation is in peril and it is not coming from the southern border as we well know. I love having so many of these forward thinking new Congress members but with this current situation, Pelosi has the experience that is sorely needed in a leadership position. It would be a hoot if Putin had to deal with Pelosi.

Old 01-24-2019, 01:23 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,525,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
He could have mailed it in and spared us from the foolishness of enduring yet another string of lies and the dog and pony show in the gallery.
That's actually what Nancy wanted. He will still get to do his schtick and she will still hate it.

Old 01-24-2019, 01:24 AM

45,231 posts, read 26,457,645 times
I look forward to more bickering, less cooperation and very few accomplishments

Old 01-24-2019, 01:53 AM

9,725 posts, read 14,269,161 times
About Nancy Pelosi:
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Raising 5 kids before getting into politics turned out to be helpful.
Glad she wasn't my mother! What a nightmare!

Old 01-24-2019, 02:00 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,595,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
He's free to lie from anywhere else he wants.

If and when Trump does make an SOTU speech, he will be fact-checked like never before. Since he's either 1. Incapable of not lying or 2. Unable to tell truth from fiction, he will be stymied and may just bail-out of making the speech altogether.

Old 01-24-2019, 02:18 AM

30,372 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
Apparently the Emperor is no match for Speaker of the House.

"Trump says he won't give State of the Union during shutdown after being disinvited by Pelosi

President Donald Trump made a concession to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi late Thursday, agreeing to not give a State of the Union address until after the government shutdown standoff has ended.

"As the Shutdown was going on, Nancy Pelosi asked me to give the State of the Union Address. I agreed. She then changed her mind because of the Shutdown, suggesting a later date. This is her prerogative - I will do the Address when the Shutdown is over," Trump said in a tweet Thursday.
"I am not looking for an ... alternative venue for the SOTU Address because there is no venue that can compete with the history, tradition and importance of the House Chamber. I look forward to giving a 'great' State of the Union Address in the near future..."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/23/polit...ard/index.html

Ken
Someone had to be the grown up...and turns out its Trump being the adult while nancy throws her 4 year old tantrum.

Old 01-24-2019, 03:06 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Astute move by Pelosi.

Let's see if McConnell and the Republican Senators are equally smart today with their vote on the bills to reopen the government.

Old 01-24-2019, 03:13 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,671,957 times
Quote:
Apparently the Emperor is no match for Speaker of the House.

"Trump says he won't give State of the Union during shutdown after being disinvited by Pelosi

President Donald Trump made a concession to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi late Thursday, agreeing to not give a State of the Union address until after the government shutdown standoff has ended.

"As the Shutdown was going on, Nancy Pelosi asked me to give the State of the Union Address. I agreed. She then changed her mind because of the Shutdown, suggesting a later date. This is her prerogative - I will do the Address when the Shutdown is over," Trump said in a tweet Thursday.
"I am not looking for an ... alternative venue for the SOTU Address because there is no venue that can compete with the history, tradition and importance of the House Chamber. I look forward to giving a 'great' State of the Union Address in the near future..."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/23/polit...ard/index.html

Ken

You got to know somewhere in the WH there is something broken or a room that needs to be "redecorated"!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies