Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 09:33 AM

63,170 posts, read 29,329,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatiana1 View Post
This is the absolute truth. Very well said! Illegal/undocumented workers are the BIGGEST reason wages have been stagnant for a while now. Because they are here illegally, they will work for next to nothing so why would an employer be motivated to pay an American more when he can get these illegals who are eager to work for a lower wage? These workers are good for the company's bottom line but bad for me and you and the economy in general.

That was why I suggested in another post to say something to the higher ups when we are at a hotel or country club for a social or business function since that's where many of them work under the table, meaning without paying taxes. Yet many times, we just go to these places, eat, drink, dance and leave!
We have no idea who's working legally or illegally in any of the places we patronize. It's not up to the public to check the credentials of any worker. That's the responsibility of those who hire them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 09:36 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,958,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Where is your cave -- you seem to be missing a lot of news.
The Senate voted today on Nancy's bill, they also voted on Trumps offer.
Both failed.
My post was earlier, before the Senate votes. I appreciate that you think I'm so well-informed that I can see into the future.

Old 01-25-2019, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
There is no stipulation anywhere that controverts the fact that the President is neither required to address the Congress in the House chamber, or indeed to give a speech at all.
That's true. But the FACT is that the President wanted to address Congress in the House chamber, and that he intended to give a speech. And to do so, he needs to be invited by Congress.

Old 01-25-2019, 09:45 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,320,625 times
Pelosi was childish for stopping the State of the Union address.

Trump was childish for retaliating by canceling her trip.

It is a problem when we see either of these acts as rational adult behavior.

And now, another bad precedent is set. I wonder what you guys will say when a republican speaker does the same to a democratic president, for whatever reason they see as worthy.

Old 01-25-2019, 09:47 AM

11,403 posts, read 4,105,637 times
Pelosi has been humiliating Trump lately, this is going to be fun to watch over the next two years.

He's being owned by a woman.

Old 01-25-2019, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Pelosi was childish for stopping the State of the Union address.

Trump was childish for retaliating by canceling her trip.

It is a problem when we see either of these acts as rational adult behavior.

And now, another bad precedent is set. I wonder what you guys will say when a republican speaker does the same to a democratic president, for whatever reason they see as worthy.
The problem is that you see the acts in isolation, while others may see these acts as part of a bigger picture. While political gamesmanship is often petty and ridiculous, the bigger picture here is that for the first two years of his Presidency, President Trump has seen himself as the boss of Congress. Despite a few small skirmishes, Senator McConnell and Representative Ryan both were largely content to let President Trump play boss. That's not how our government is supposed to operate, and Representative Pelosi is informing President Trump of the changed dynamic. In a bigger context, the shutdown needs to end, and President Trump needs to realize that his, "I'll never back down" stance is not workable in our government.

Old 01-25-2019, 09:53 AM

5,480 posts, read 2,133,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Pelosi has been humiliating Trump lately, this is going to be fun to watch over the next two years.

He's being owned by a woman.
https://youtu.be/PgyB_JHPD6w

Old 01-25-2019, 09:55 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,320,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The problem is that you see the acts in isolation, while others may see these acts as part of a bigger picture. While political gamesmanship is often petty and ridiculous, the bigger picture here is that for the first two years of his Presidency, President Trump has seen himself as the boss of Congress. Despite a few small skirmishes, Senator McConnell and Representative Ryan both were largely content to let President Trump play boss. That's not how our government is supposed to operate, and Representative Pelosi is informing President Trump of the changed dynamic. In a bigger context, the shutdown needs to end, and President Trump needs to realize that his, "I'll never back down" stance is not workable in our government.
There is an “I’ll never back down” stance on both sides. That is the real problem. They should be looking for compromises rather than absolutes.

Old 01-25-2019, 09:59 AM

1,941 posts, read 1,035,614 times
Will a plane crash because of the shutdown change any ones mind about it continuing?

Old 01-25-2019, 10:01 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 28 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,614,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
That's all you have? A pablum filled, thinly veiled insult? Maybe you should do better!
Physician, Heal Thyself.

How do you expect "lefties" to take you seriously in this matter when you yourself used the terms "Obammy" and "Peelosy"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies