Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 11:57 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,594,166 times

Advertisements

Just ended.

He got owned.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2019, 11:58 AM

42,868 posts, read 26,387,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meekawal View Post
I've worked in both NY and CA. I had to fill out E-verify forms in NY but, when I worked in CA, the E-verify form was never used. I'm now retired and wonder if there have been any changes since then. Doesn't appear to be. If anything, seems to be worse.
E-verify is not mandatory in New York or California except for some government jobs. My cousin owns a large farm in California and voluntarily uses E-verify but she said it's a real pain because of the false positives.

Old 01-26-2019, 11:58 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,978,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ah but he caved after Just 3 weeks, and only because a very small number of people were complaining about paychecks! LOL I guess security of the entire nation isnt that important to Trump after all!

Trump is a freaking joke, I regret supporting him now.Im not mad or resentful, just disappointed that trump is just like every other corrupt and dirty politician...ultimately his word means nothing.
It only took you two years to see a con 2/3 of us saw 2 years ago. But welcome

Old 01-26-2019, 12:02 PM

29,555 posts, read 9,768,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
And in what terms do you see this?
That AMERICANS won?
MEXICO won, it is not longer on the hook for the wall it refused to pay for?
Was Mexico ever on the hook for the wall? I really don't think so and Mexico clearly never thought so...

You do touch on the question more on my mind when it comes to the OP's question. Not that we should think in anything but partisan terms, but did America win or lose thanks to the shutdown that Trump was proud to own? More broadly, is American better or worse off thanks to Trump's original big beautiful wall campaign promise and all that has followed since Trump became POTUS and pursued that "vision" as Trump has?

Hard to see the "win" for America along this road from original campaign promise to today when we end the longest shutdown in American history, all for not!

Only to have Trump now telling us what?

"I wish people would read or listen to my words on the Border Wall. This was in no way a concession. It was taking care of millions of people who were getting badly hurt by the Shutdown with the understanding that in 21 days, if no deal is done, it's off to the races!"

Can Trump really be so dumb to think in terms of round 2? Just goes from bad to worse, for America...

Old 01-26-2019, 12:02 PM

8,272 posts, read 11,020,654 times
Default It was the Air Traffic Controllers

Trump caved because the US economy was about to crash.

Air transportation was slowing. Getting close to collapse.

From ordinary airline passengers to Fedex and UPS and US Mail. All use air transportation.

And the same will happen if there is another "next time".

It is that simple.

Trump caved because of airline transportation.

Old 01-26-2019, 12:04 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,434,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Trump caved because the US economy was about to crash.

Air transportation was slowing. Getting close to collapse.

From ordinary airline passengers to Fedex and UPS and US Mail. All use air transportation.

And the same will happen if there is another "next time".

It is that simple.

Trump caved because of airline transportation.
Actually Trump caved because the R Senate told him they would no longer back his position. He had no problem inflicting pain and suffering on the American people to further his political goals as we had already seen during the shutdown.

But yes the R Senate caved in part because of the airports situation.

Old 01-26-2019, 12:05 PM

45,264 posts, read 26,522,131 times
Lets say you're right; time to privatize.
No one person, no one profession, no one body of degenerate politicians should be able to crash an economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Democrats never learn.
They are hanging out their "Mission Accomplished" signs, having forgotten how much they ridiculed that same sign in the past.
Eventually there will be a wall.
Would be nice if ANYONE could rightfully hang a "Mission Accomplished" sign. Instead, all I keep hearing is...

"Houston, we have a problem."

10,098 posts, read 4,106,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Come back in two years...then talk...

Old 01-26-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The WAR is not over. The whiny federal employees without a paycheck won.
Right. What kind of people are these who complain they suddenly aren't getting their paycheck? The nerve!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies