Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 11:36 AM

27,625 posts, read 21,173,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
LOL... I wonder what this level of partisan delusion feels like. It's like a religion for some people around here.

But OP is probu right about the "national emergency," which is just an admission that the wall couldn't be forced through in any democratic Constitutional process, and now Trump has to resort to dictatorial tactics to get what he wants. It will also instantly get caught up in Fed Courts litigation.
And the litigation brought on by eminent domain suits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

19,718 posts, read 16,899,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ah but he caved after Just 3 weeks, and only because a very small number of people were complaining about paychecks! LOL I guess security of the entire nation isnt that important to Trump after all!

Trump is a freaking joke, I regret supporting him now.Im not mad or resentful, just disappointed that trump is just like every other corrupt and dirty politician...ultimately his word means nothing.

You, Sir (or Madam) are an honest person and willing to admit you are disappointed. We all make mistakes, but Trump diehards will go to the grave never admitting obvious things, like he lies constantly, or that he has failed at many of his promises.

Really refreshing to see someone, like you, with the integrity and courage to admit the truth.

25,652 posts, read 17,402,104 times
Democrats never learn.
They are hanging out their "Mission Accomplished" signs, having forgotten how much they ridiculed that same sign in the past.
Eventually there will be a wall.

Old 01-26-2019, 11:49 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,573,721 times
King Chester Cheetos' blind lemming followers are finally starting to see that the Emperor has no clothes

Old 01-26-2019, 11:50 AM

6,831 posts, read 14,072,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I really would love to know how many of the people who he almost, or did, destroy the lives of voted for him, and how they feel now. There are millions of stories of people who couldn't buy food, pay their bills, had landlords knocking on their doors, and even peripheral businesses who suffered because laid off workers were not eating or buying there any more.

He created an inhumane situation for hard working men and women who did nothing to deserve that treatment. He should choke on his gourmet chef prepared dinner because he was not affected in one way by this shutdown...……..just the little people who depend on their paychecks to survive.

I saw a couple who were federal workers who were ask did they support Trump and his shutting down the government. There exact words were yes we support Trump and shutting down the government and expect the samething to happen in 3 weeks. We think it is important that the congress exempt us from losing our paychecks and shut it down again if that what it takes to get the wall. I placed my palm squarely on forehead after hearing that. What idiots.

Old 01-26-2019, 11:52 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,477,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Democrats never learn.
They are hanging out their "Mission Accomplished" signs, having forgotten how much they ridiculed that same sign in the past.
Yes, one that keeps Donald and his criminal associates inside the prison.

Old 01-26-2019, 11:53 AM

29,566 posts, read 9,786,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
But Hillary, but Hillary; you're getting more desperate with each and every post in support of the inept fool.
You are kind to suggest that desperation wasn't well beyond hope a long time ago...

Old 01-26-2019, 11:53 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,609,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Keep believing that...

Belief has nothing to do with it.

Old 01-26-2019, 11:55 AM

27,625 posts, read 21,173,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Democrats never learn.
Trump will never have his wall. He might have four of them surrounding him in a family crypt before the litigation brought on by his archaic BS wall is through. But he is only using this as a distraction from his impending date with Mueller anyway. Oh...and he still needs to get Mexico to pay for it.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 01-26-2019 at 12:14 PM..

Old 01-26-2019, 11:57 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,344,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
I am confused. So did he win? Or did Pelosi wipe the floor with him? What just happened?

Trump know nothing about government, Pelosi does! Trump lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies