Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2019, 04:22 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,736,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Wrong. Women can do anything in the church except be priests. No second-class to that, we still have nuns. The church is not a democracy.
Can they be bishops? A pope? Archdiocese? Etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 04:23 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
This is nonsense and doesn't happen. Give me one example of where you need to kill a baby to save a mother.
There is a poster who explained that it happened to her, personally, earlier on this thread, bucko

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Wikipedia is not “science”.

Let this scientist, speak some actual science for a moment. To be “alive” an organism needs to meet several criteria, the one most relevant here is homeostasis. All things that are alive maintain homeostasis. Homeostasis, the ability to maintain ones own internal environment as separate and distinct from its environs. As a fetus cannot maintain temperature homeostasis, metabolic homeostasis, indeed any homeostasis at all outside of the womb it is not “alive”. Not until the point of viability at best.

So not only is a fetus not a person, it doesn’t even meet the scientific definition of alive.
Maybe you believe your own crap no one else does. A singular life begins at conception. Common biological teaching before Rowv Wade.

Even in the liberal state of California individuals killing a fetus have been convicted of murder.

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I’m thinking every female will be spayed at birth and only the ones who prove worthy will be fixed to have children. It should be a privilege for serious, responsible women. That is the way you are making things.
LOL. Women make up over half of the population and we're not going back to being second class citizens, no matter how much it hurts your little male ego. It must be difficult for you to be living in the 21st century.

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
How about the civil rights of a baby that could live on it’s own being essentially killed to relieve these pig-women of their responsibility as a human being?

431 posts, read 257,570 times
There is something just plain wrong with this news. I have moderate views on many things but this seems to have hit a nerve. Just imagine the process that is being performed; imagine it in your mind. If this is considered normal as some of you are cheering this as some kind of victory for social justice, we are truly are on different planets.

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Abortions have been performed up until birth since it was legalized.

In partial birth abortion, the baby/fetus is delivered up until the head, the head is punctured, brains removed, and body delivered and disposed of. Then there's saline abortion where concentrated saline is put into the amniotic fluid and the baby swallows this solution and is burned to death both in and out of the body. That's just two methods used up until a baby would normally be born.

Nothing will change. It will remain legal. So many people want to do this that it will continue to happen. Instead of arguing against abortion, maybe argue for sedation of the baby before it happens so it doesn't suffer as much. That would be more humane at least.
Unborn fetuses are not tortured to death. From what I've read they are given anesthesia.

Old 01-23-2019, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
I only read through seven pages, so someone may have mentioned this point. The issue, from what I've read, is that the definition of "health" for the mother is sufficiently vague enough that if she claimed her mental health was in danger from the pregnancy, she could choose to terminated in the third trimester.

Someone please correct me if that part of the law was rewritten prior to passing.
That determination should be between a woman and her doctor, not made by anyone else.

Old 01-23-2019, 04:24 PM

21,938 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1013 View Post
Not that I expect anyone to read it but that jezebel article is heartbreaking.

I’ve also had an abortion for medical reasons for a very very wanted pregnancy. The fetus was not viable and I could have died. Without it, my husband could have been a 26 year old widower and my 2 kids would have never been born. There was no choice to make.
Would you mind sharing when in the term you had it? I understand if you say no. I don't necessarily disagree with your choice either.

Old 01-23-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://www.lifenews.com/2019/01/23/...rbhxLoIUuHkKCM

Bishop Slams Andrew Cuomo for Signing Bill Legalizing Abortions Up to Birth: You’re No Catholic

Finally a bishop comes out to condemn this and not be so weak kneed by last years from the church of "nice".

That’s plenty reason for one Catholic bishop to rip the governor:

The bishop of the Diocese of Alabany attempted to convince New York Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo not to sign a bill that removes all restrictions on abortion in the state, but Cuomo signed it anyway.

In an open letter in The Evangelist, the Most Rev. Edward B. Scharfenberger condemned Cuomo’s support of abortion before the governor signed the Reproductive Health Act (RHA), which repealed the state’s 24-week abortion ban, among other things. Scharfenberger penned the open letter ahead of Cuomo’s signing ceremony.

“Although in your recent State of the State address you cited your Catholic faith and said we should ‘stand with Pope Francis,’ your advocacy of extreme abortion legislation is completely contrary to the teachings of our pope and our Church,” Scharfenberger said. “Once truth is separated from fiction and people come to realize the impact of the bill, they will be shocked to their core. By that time, however, it may be too late to save the countless lives that will be lost or spare countless women lifelong regret.”

The bishop said the recently signed legislation “threatens to rupture the communion between the Catholic faith and those who support the RHA” because of the bill’s “aggressive extremism.”

“It is very difficult to understand how you can align yourself with Pope Francis and so vehemently advocate such profoundly destructive legislation,” Scharfenberger said. “I find myself wondering how it can be viewed as ‘progress’ to have gone from a society working to make abortion ‘rare’ to one that urges women to ‘shout your abortion’ as some advocates of this bill boldly announce.”
You. Don’t. Get. It.

Your religious beliefs do not dictate what government can force a woman to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies