Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Northam Resign?
Yes, he clearly has a problem and has lost credibility 98 71.53%
No, Democrat leaders in VA are right, he has a great current track record that speaks more than his past 39 28.47%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 10:17 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,412,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
LOL, I live in Alabama, your state actually has more Democrats than mine, so I would say you are wrong there as well.

Never mentioned that at all, but ok

You have elected exactly one.

Democrats have elected at least 4. Mosely Braun, Obama, Harris,and Booker
A significant part of the Democratic party is black and you are bragging about 4 black Senators? Tim Scott was elected by 95 percent white people in SC.

I heard this week Harris is not black. I think somebody said she has Indian parents. I haven't looked into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2019, 10:17 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,335,748 times
Well, is it totally impossible that the guy has rethought his behavior and attitudes since 1984, or is it now the judgement of the public that no one can ever change their attitudes? Are we all forced to live with what we were when we were 23 years old, no learning or personal growth ever possible?

It would prevent Abraham Lincoln from having been president. It would also have disqualified St. Paul. In fact, one could put together an enormous list of people who have undergone personal growth and have come to the realization that what they believed and how they behaved in youth were wrong, and have changed those things. Many of those people are among the most revered people of history. Are we really going to start saying that all of those people should have been disqualified from their mature roles?

Old 02-02-2019, 10:18 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
It was removed from top of the state house to the state house grounds.

If there was an issue, Haley and other Republicans wouldn't have won re-election. Oops.
Haley wasnt up for reelection. and the guy you praised is said to have lost for wanting to move it.

How many times are you going to be wrong and move the goal post ?

Old 02-02-2019, 10:19 AM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
The Coonman's gonna try to stick it out is he... lol.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Haley wasnt up for reelection. and the guy you praised is said to have lost for wanting to move it.

How many times are you going to be wrong and move the goal post ?
HE was said to have lost it by liberal Democrats like you.

The Democrat who won the governorship in SC after Hodges supported the Conferate flag but you are the factman on here.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
A significant part of the Democratic party is black and you are bragging about 4 black Senators? Tim Scott was elected by 95 percent white people in SC.
Your argument was that South Carolina had elected as many black senators as the rest of the US, you were wrong.

WHy do you keep trying to change your argument >

Quote:
I heard this week Harris is not black. I think somebody said she has Indian parents. I haven't looked into it.
Yes, you should look into it, but based on how much you get wrong. I would suggest you stop using your current sources.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:22 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
More disturbing than a blackface governor who favors infanticide?

Might want to check your disturb-a-meter...

Where/when did he come out in favor of infanticide?

And, IF a silly college blackface pic is to be such an issue, in the interest of fairness, shouldn't every black politician's last 35 years or so be under the microscope and vilified if they ever used the words honky or cracker derogatorily towards a white person? Or is racism a one-way street?

BTW, my disturb-a-meter's just fine, I can't take anyone seriously who thinks any God worthy of the title would dabble in the cesspool that is US politics.

Last edited by burdell; 02-02-2019 at 10:31 AM..

Old 02-02-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
HE was said to have lost it by liberal Democrats like you.
He was said to have lost it by the largest paper in your state.

He did lose that election by 8 points.

Quote:
The Democrat who won the governorship in SC after Hodges supported the Conferate flag but you are the factman on here.
Um, you are acknowledging my point by saying the Democrat won because he supported the flag LOL

Old 02-02-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Your argument was that South Carolina had elected as many black senators as the rest of the US, you were wrong.

WHy do you keep trying to change your argument >

Yes, you should look into it, but based on how much you get wrong. I would suggest you stop using your current sources.
I was talking about right now, not throughout history.

The point is your party talks alot about diversity but the GOP, mostly white people, has elected as many black senators as your party which would not be viable without 90 plus percent of the black vote.

The only Republican that I can think of that supported the Conferate flag post Roof church massacre lost his re-election and then he lost again this past year when he ran for a different office. How does that fit your narrative... If Confederate flag was the big issue for most GOP voters, he would have won easily. Keep in mind the south switched to GOP because of transplants so most Republicans don't have ties to the 'Old South'.

You are trying to associate GOP in SC with racism even though its mostly white voters voted for a black man Tim Scott for senator.

While simultaneously you are trying to defend or downplay this racist Democratic governor in Virginia.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:24 AM

5,998 posts, read 3,736,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Meanwhile, I haven't seen a single Democrat besides Northam saying anything other than that he needs to resign.

So yeah, this thread was a big fail
That's the difference between us and the Republicans. At least we admit when one of our own is out of line and should step down. Them? Not so much. They defend their own with the "fake news" battlecry. I mean, after all, they're still staunchly defending the P**** Grabber in Chief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies