Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Northam Resign?
Yes, he clearly has a problem and has lost credibility 98 71.53%
No, Democrat leaders in VA are right, he has a great current track record that speaks more than his past 39 28.47%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 12:08 PM

30,178 posts, read 11,815,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Bottom line, Democrats voted in either a black face or a KKK wearing governor who naturally was pointing a finger away from himself.

A photograph from what appears to be the 1984 medical school yearbook page of Ralph Northam
Both parties have had more than their share of racists candidates and elected officials. Neither party owns that no matter how the talking heads and partisans try to spin it.

All I know is I am about the age of Northam and I have never posed for racist pictures, never sent out a racist tweet. Never did any of the things that all the me too people have been accused of. I think there has to be some proof to any accusations and with Northham its pretty cut and dry not a he said she said type of thing.

So I really do not feel sorry for those that have been taken down because of their past behavior. Most of these people know better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2019, 12:09 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,148,787 times
Northam's campaign ad certainly did not age well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVckRJvuBQY&app=desktop

Old 02-02-2019, 12:10 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,666,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Yup. Letting a baby die from lack of food and hydration is criminally negligent homicide - not " abortion."

And where do we draw the line on less-than-perfect? What if you get one with mild cerebral palsy, like my cousin? Or one with a slightly misshapen foot due to position in utero? Or, hell, what about a fourth boy, when we really wanted a girl this time?

Slippery slope.
Extreme examples that no doctor would ever allow. At that late in the game, it is not an abortion it is labor inducement. Any child that had the conditions you reference above would live outside the womb. For a physician to do anything less would be murder.

You are taking statements out of context. Both Tran and Northam were referring to births that occur because of tragic consequences.

My aunt's sister decided to carry a birth through to the third trimester. She found out in the third trimester that her child had most organs outside the body. Had she had an inducement at 5-6 months, the child would have died within minutes after delivery. She went 38 weeks, was flown to a special center and had a team put together to try to make this child comfortable. She was induced, and because of the deformities they really could not do anything to keep it comfortable or give it oxygen or what have you. It took about 24 hours for this baby to die a very slow, agonizing death as it organs failed one by one outside the womb.

This is the situation that is being addressed.

It's terrible how the anti-abortion crowd would use these statements in such a disingenuous way. It really makes me question the authenticity of anything they say. They have twisted this into such a shameful weapon, it's sickening.

You can agree or disagree about late term abortions for any reason. That's a separate issue. The fact is, this law has been on the books in Virginia for quite some time and there was no one thinking that a healthy, viable baby would be induced that late and killed. A baby can be safely induced at 24-27 weeks and be put in the NICU. If a mother were having such extreme health issues that she couldn't carry at, say 27 weeks, the baby would be induced and be cared for not murdered.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:16 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,931,811 times
Why would the man's political party have anything to do with this? If this accusation is true, remove him from office. This isn't complicated.

Same goes for racist apologists, especially when they hold the highest office of the land.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:18 PM

1,991 posts, read 901,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Bottom line, Democrats voted in either a black face or a KKK wearing governor who naturally was pointing a finger away from himself.

A photograph from what appears to be the 1984 medical school yearbook page of Ralph Northam
Let’s think about this. Bottom line, Do you really think that either party, Democrat, or Republican, would have even nominated, let alone elected, the guy if they knew that this information was in his background? No way.

He should resign immediately.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:18 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,571 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Fair enough but it takes two to tango and there were at least a couple pages of both you going back and forth.
Meh, i tried to get him back on topic, he kept changing his argument. At that point i gave up and continued to prove him wrong.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:19 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,403,449 times
Someone may have already shared a similar link but this is funny: mediaite.com/tv/cnn-chyron-incorrectly-labels-democratic-gov-ralph-northam-as-a-republican. Seriously, if Fox News did a similar similar, chances that might go even more viral!

Old 02-02-2019, 12:20 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Yup. Letting a baby die from lack of food and hydration is criminally negligent homicide - not " abortion."

And where do we draw the line on less-than-perfect? What if you get one with mild cerebral palsy, like my cousin? Or one with a slightly misshapen foot due to position in utero? Or, hell, what about a fourth boy, when we really wanted a girl this time?

Slippery slope.
We're already down that slippery slope. The left promised it was going to be just 1st trimester abortions. Then they moved it to 1st and 2nd trimester abortions. Now they're advocating for 3rd trimester abortions, and some coming out and revealing that they are for infanticide with the baby being born - they admit that the baby will be born and then left "comfortably" on the table while they discuss with the mother if they should snuff that baby's life out or not.

We're far down that slippery slope already, which is why people should stand up against this - it's clear that they will not stop. They have stated that the mother can "abort" (after the baby is born, it's not "abortion" it's infanticide) if it would cause her mental anguish to keep the baby - that's pretty damn vague, don't you think?

But I don't think outing Northam is because he told the truth about this. I think the agenda is something else.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:21 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,148,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Why would the man's political party have anything to do with this? If this accusation is true, remove him from office. This isn't complicated.

Same goes for racist apologists, especially when they hold the highest office of the land.
This coming from a leftist is just laughable. Democrats have been constantly running guilt-by-association articles and smear campaigns for years now. This is why the backlash is so huge. We're just holding you guys to your own standards.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:22 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,666,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
We're already down that slippery slope. The left promised it was going to be just 1st trimester abortions. Then they moved it to 1st and 2nd trimester abortions. Now they're advocating for 3rd trimester abortions, and some coming out and revealing that they are for infanticide with the baby being born - they admit that the baby will be born and then left "comfortably" on the table while they discuss with the mother if they should snuff that baby's life out or not.

We're far down that slipper slope already, which is why people should stand up against this - it's clear that they will not stop. They have stated that the mother can abort if it would cause her mental anguish to keep the baby - that's pretty damn vague, don't you think?
Because what you say is not true. But please, continue to believe what they want you to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies