Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Northam Resign?
Yes, he clearly has a problem and has lost credibility 98 71.53%
No, Democrat leaders in VA are right, he has a great current track record that speaks more than his past 39 28.47%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 07:12 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Goodness, now he’s claiming it wasn’t him in the photo.

I just can’t...

Lol, he should have said that right off the bat, nobody is going to believe his crap now, way too late for that BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2019, 08:22 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,412,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
As much as I hate Dems, I don't care what kids do in HS. Being stupid in HS shouldn't influence your entire life...then again I'm speaking as a typical, completely rational Republican Looner Lefter Landers might have a different opinion.
He wasn't in high school. He was in medical school.

Just last year he was falsely accusing his GOP opponent of being racist but nothing to see here?

Old 02-02-2019, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
If only the Republicans upset with Northam were equally outraged by Steve King.

Ha ha ha, I crack myself up because of course that's never ever going to happen. GOP Racism is perfectly fine as usual.
Steve King lost his GOP committe chairmanships based on an accusation made by the the notoriously partisan Democrat newspaper the New York Times. The New York Times didn't have audio of their talk with King.

Leftists like you are regularly falsely accusing Republicans of racism so we don't automatically assume somebody is racist based on your accusations. You are saying King did say something racist based solely on the word of a partisan newspaper. That's a lot different than saying the VA Gov is racist based on his yearbook, college nickname, not shaking a black man's hand on video, etc. You are not forced to rely on the word of a conservative publication to come to a conclusion on the VA Gov.

I'm aware of Steve King and I never heard him say anything racist. He was defending Western Civilization and his point was that many liberals like to associate Western Civ with white nationalism. His point was liberals like to conflate the two and then the NY Times did exactly that.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:10 PM

30,177 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJuly View Post
Lots of democrats are calling for his resignation. If it turns out he was the one in the KKK suit, he can hang it up. Now he's saying he wasn't in the picture at all.
How can a picture like that be published and no one knows about it? ...except the person who posted it. You would think someone would have called him to let him know about it. 1984 wasn't the dark ages, it couldn't have been OK back then.

I agree it should be very easy to find who is in that photo or knows who was.

My guess is WaPo, CNN, NYT etc are not putting much effort into finding out who might know the details of that photo. They are not going to make fellow democrats look bad. In fact when the story broke I was reading various headlines and none even mentioned that he was a Democrat.

When Roy Moore was in hot water they were all over it.

For the record I was for Moore quitting the race and and I for Northam quitting the governorship.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:13 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
The Democratic Party is full of closet racists like this guy.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:17 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,063,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
If you only knew how many times I have heard those exact words, especially during my military career. I had the chance to meet many young people from all over the country, where there was little to no diversity at all back home. Their first exposure to people of color was in the military.
WHITE is a COLOR

Old 02-02-2019, 09:25 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,148,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The Democratic Party is full of closet racists like this guy.
True. That's why they invented a special outfit to cover their faces while they went on their which-hunts.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:35 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,596,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
I'll bet the Republicans are hoping he stays in office. Come the 2020 elections that yearbook page will appear in all sorts of ads next to Dems who had previously cheered him as a great pick for Governor.

The rightwingers are having an orgy, reveling in there being a democratic governor who's being accused of racism. They will probably take this one instance and try to turn it into a blanket condemnation for all of his party. Such bad marks from the past are routine for conservatives, who are being very hypocritical about this one case. As noted above, those who are crying for his resignation, would better serve their agenda, if he remains in office and continues to provide them with a target.

All the while, I've seen no evidence that either of those persons in the controversial yearbook photo is the governor nor that he had any role in putting it in the book.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:36 PM

I wonder how many people believe him when he said he isn't the blackfaced person or the KKK hood person in the photo.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
The rightwingers are having an orgy, reveling in there being a democratic governor who's being accused of racism. They will probably take this one instance and try to turn it into a blanket condemnation for all of his party.

That would be fair given Democrats are constantly falsely accusing Republicans of racism, including this Va Gov.

We have no obligation to be fair to people who are constantly smearing us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies