Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Northam Resign?
Yes, he clearly has a problem and has lost credibility 98 71.53%
No, Democrat leaders in VA are right, he has a great current track record that speaks more than his past 39 28.47%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 01:42 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,224,183 times

Advertisements

If only the Republicans upset with Northam were equally outraged by Steve King.

Ha ha ha, I crack myself up because of course that's never ever going to happen. GOP Racism is perfectly fine as usual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2019, 01:46 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,224,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I don't think he should resign, and I think the Dems better get a grip. They're going after people like a pack of wolves--Schultz, now Northam.

There is a sexual predator in the WH and White Supremacist sitting in the Senate. And then there was Sessions.

Give me a break. The alleged photo is 40 years old. He says it is not him--I believe him. Why should this guy lose his entire career over a photo he actually may not have been in 40 years ago? If we started digging up stuff Congress members did 40 years, half of them will have to resign.

Come back when Steve King and Trump resign.
Really bad take. Bad GOP action doesn't excuse bad Dem actions.

Besides, Schultz isn't a Democrat and has made it clear he disagrees with Democratic policies. So yeah, Democrats are going after him.

And I don't give a damn that it was 40 years ago that Northam wore black face, it hasn't changed since 1984 to suddenly become unacceptable now. It was totally unacceptable then too. The fact that it was hidden until now doesn't change that.

Old 02-02-2019, 01:50 PM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Extreme examples that no doctor would ever allow. At that late in the game, it is not an abortion it is labor inducement. Any child that had the conditions you reference above would live outside the womb. For a physician to do anything less would be murder.

You are taking statements out of context. Both Tran and Northam were referring to births that occur because of tragic consequences.

My aunt's sister decided to carry a birth through to the third trimester. She found out in the third trimester that her child had most organs outside the body. Had she had an inducement at 5-6 months, the child would have died within minutes after delivery. She went 38 weeks, was flown to a special center and had a team put together to try to make this child comfortable. She was induced, and because of the deformities they really could not do anything to keep it comfortable or give it oxygen or what have you. It took about 24 hours for this baby to die a very slow, agonizing death as it organs failed one by one outside the womb.

This is the situation that is being addressed.

It's terrible how the anti-abortion crowd would use these statements in such a disingenuous way. It really makes me question the authenticity of anything they say. They have twisted this into such a shameful weapon, it's sickening.

You can agree or disagree about late term abortions for any reason. That's a separate issue. The fact is, this law has been on the books in Virginia for quite some time and there was no one thinking that a healthy, viable baby would be induced that late and killed. A baby can be safely induced at 24-27 weeks and be put in the NICU. If a mother were having such extreme health issues that she couldn't carry at, say 27 weeks, the baby would be induced and be cared for not murdered.
Babies born alive and left to die because they are deprived hydration and nourishment are viable, but murdered after delivery. That's what Northam and Dems advocate.

Old 02-02-2019, 01:57 PM

26,511 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Northam was asked if he ever has worn a KKK outfit at anytime in his life and he dodged the question...he said it wasn't him in the picture, which doesn't answer the question if he ever has.

He also doesn't know how the picture wound up on his yearbook page and didn't know it was on his yearbook page at all.

He also doesn't know why his nickname was coonman and has no idea how that got in this college yearbook at VMI. He knows that 2 people called him coonman, but doesn't remember who they were in addition to why they called him that.

He also claims he didn't notice his black opponent trying to shake his hand twice, which he ignored.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/02/polit...oto/index.html

Old 02-02-2019, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Dude was legit going to moonwalk right there on the stage. His wife saved his behind.

If nothing else, he should resign because of his poor judgement.
I saw that... Couldn't believe he actually considered doing it right then and there. /SMH

Old 02-02-2019, 02:06 PM

Quote:
I don't think he should resign, and I think the Dems better get a grip. They're going after people like a pack of wolves--Schultz, now Northam.

There is a sexual predator in the WH and White Supremacist sitting in the Senate. And then there was Sessions.

Give me a break. The alleged photo is 40 years old. He says it is not him--I believe him. Why should this guy lose his entire career over a photo he actually may not have been in 40 years ago? If we started digging up stuff Congress members did 40 years, half of them will have to resign.
Apparently, you missed the Kavanaugh fake accusations fiasco staged by the Dems?

Old 02-02-2019, 02:23 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Michael Jackson was black in 1984. Too bad he didn't dress up as him in 1988. By that time MJ was white.

Old 02-02-2019, 02:23 PM

17,645 posts, read 6,923,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyVW55 View Post
You'er twisting what he said. Maybe it wasn't elegant as most words aren't when speaking off the cuff. I know what I and others have heard and agree with the other poster.
LOL, whatever. You're in denial and so is anyone else creatively interpreting what he said because of their own political bias.

Old 02-02-2019, 02:26 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:

The problem is the rules that your side invented and want to play by:

Democrats: diverse, SJWs, pro-collectivism, acceptance, tolerant

Republicans: evil, racists, sexists, uncaring

Old 02-02-2019, 02:42 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:

He still hasn't point blank said, without any qualifying words, "It was not (or wasn't) me"

He's said things like he "believes" that it isn't him, and he's "convinced" it isn't him.....mealy mouth qualifiers that would get him off the hook for a bald faced lie if it is proven that it was him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies