Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Northam Resign?
Yes, he clearly has a problem and has lost credibility 98 71.53%
No, Democrat leaders in VA are right, he has a great current track record that speaks more than his past 39 28.47%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 11:30 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,571 posts, read 16,556,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I'm not a Republican (nor a Trump supporter/voter).

Everything isn't 'Us vs. Them'.
The premise of the video was or rather the comment about the video was indeed "us vs them", so while I get your point, it gets lost by the fact that you posted the video.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2019, 11:30 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,412,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Im saying 2 opponents dont have to shake each others hands.
i have a feeling you will have a different hot take if Trump didn't shake a black man's hand to include Ben Carson or other Republicans.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:31 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,412,138 times
The issue is the same person who posed in black face or as KKK also didn't shake a black man's hand. He also had a nickname 'Coonman'. Also, a black running mate's picture didn't show up on a lot of his campaign materials.

He also ran race baiting fearmongering type ads against the GOP candidate that were designed to increase black turnout on election day which is exploiting black people's fear of racism for his personal political advantage. That's sick.

that seems like a consistent trend of racism to me.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:33 AM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
One additional thought. My guess is that the outrage coming from the left over this is in part motivated by their not wanting him to be a distraction in the 2020 elections, and in part due to the fact that his replacement is black. That will partly amend for Abrams loss in Georgia in their warped scorekeeping system. Jump on me if you will for saying it, but that fact surely hasn't been lost on the Democratic powers-that-be. These days everything on the left is about race and gender.
You aren't wrong about that. I've already seen a whole lot of people on social media giddy as 12 year old girls who get to ride ponies at a birthday party mentioning this - they are the ones yelling the loudest for Northam to resign - for that reason alone.

Like I said a few pages before you - there is an ulterior motive for these calls from the left for him to resign - and it's not because he dressed up as some black face or klansmen...whichever one he was. That's not how the left works.

They'll say to your face in places like this forum that is the reason, but then you go to other areas of the internet and find out - no, it's actually not.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:35 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The premise of the video was or rather the comment about the video was indeed "us vs them", so while I get your point, it gets lost by the fact that you posted the video.
Look again.

I didn't post the video.

I responded to the person who posted the video.

ClemVegas posted the video.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:40 AM

39,081 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
racism was a democratic party thing, not a south thing. Democratic party today likes to associate racism with the south rather than their own party's history.
Whatever. The historical perspective of the parties is irrelevant to both this discussion and the modern south.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:41 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
FLASHBACK: During the 2017 gubernatorial contest, Ralph Northam cast his opponent, Republican Ed Gillespie, and the Virginians who supported him as bigots intent on implementing policies reflective of their hatred of racial minorities.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:41 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,571 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Look again.

I didn't post the video.

I responded to the person who posted the video.

ClemVegas posted the video.
you are right, i can admit my mistake. however, him posting it was right vs left as all his posts in this thread show.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:43 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,703,315 times
Back in 1975, from the car, driving through the south, we entered N. Carolina--on the side of the road was a HUGE billboard with Klansmen on horses and the words, "You are entering Klan Country."

Appalling, shocking, sickening. I remember saying, "Are they proud of this or something?"

This was AFTER civil rights, after Martin Luther King. And 1984 was nearly TEN years later!

As a Democrat, I find no excuse for this behavior. The guy was 25 years old AND a medical student. Seems he would have had some brains and decent judgement. Even if you've been exposed to craziness, it's your choice whether to stay crazy or to rise above it.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:43 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
FLASHBACK: Northam’s campaign partnered with the Latino Victor Fund SuperPAC to release an ad depicting a man driving a pick up truck adorned with a “Gillespie for governor” bumper sticker, and a Gadsden-flag license plate, attempting to run down a group of terrified minority children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies