Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Northam Resign?
Yes, he clearly has a problem and has lost credibility 98 71.53%
No, Democrat leaders in VA are right, he has a great current track record that speaks more than his past 39 28.47%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 10:38 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,556,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
Harris is not black.
She is black

the funny part is that you said in another post that you didnt know if she was or wasnt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2019, 10:39 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,412,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I keep reading this sentence and cannot make head or tails out of it.

When the flag was moved out of the state house dome in either 99 or 2000, it was placed in a more prominent position on the grounds. I never understood that. It was right along Gervais Street in your face. Nikki Haley made the right decision when she led the charge to remove that stupid flag from the grounds.

SC State House Under An Angry Sky by Joe the Photog, on Flickr
Ok I don't want to revisit that issue with a person who makes false accusations about Trump and GOP.

The fact is the flag came off the state house and off the state house grounds when GOP had control of all 3 bodies of government in SC.

The person who put the flag up there was Ernest HOllings, when he was governor, and he was a long term senator after that. He was a Democrat and very liberal. You and other people with your politics never talk about that b/c it doesn't fit your agenda.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:39 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post

WHAT utter hyperbolic RW BS saying the man "favors infanticide"!

The article you cite states "there may be a fetus that’s non-viable. So in this particular example if a mother is in labor, I could tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable."

WHAT part of "non-viable" are you having such difficulty with?

Old 02-02-2019, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I keep reading this sentence and cannot make head or tails out of it.

When the flag was moved out of the state house dome in either 99 or 2000, it was placed in a more prominent position on the grounds. I never understood that. It was right along Gervais Street in your face. Nikki Haley made the right decision when she led the charge to remove that stupid flag from the grounds.

SC State House Under An Angry Sky by Joe the Photog, on Flickr
Longstory short, dude has been wrong in every post, and keeps changing his argument. Im not even sure how we got here, LOL

Old 02-02-2019, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Longstory short, dude has been wrong in every post, and keeps changing his argument. Im not even sure how we got here, LOL
WHat is wrong about my assertiont that both parties have 2 black Senators? You are denying a factual assertion.

Anyway, it is too nice out to talk to people like you.

Have fun defending this racist guv

Old 02-02-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
She is black

the funny part is that you said in another post that you didnt know if she was or wasnt.
I've seen several reports that said she is Asian -American.

She claims to identify as black whatever that means.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
WHat is wrong about my assertiont that both parties have 2 black Senators? You are denying a factual assertion.
well first, your party has 1 black senator.

Second, the democratic party has 2.

over the history of elected members of the senate, its 4 to 2.

You claimed Republican Gov Beasly removed the Con flag from the state grounds, which he didnt do. then you claimed he moved it to another place on the grounds, which he also didnt do and was supportive of the action when in reality, it was a Democrat(which you then switched your argument to being against laughingly).

those 2 things alone are like 8 ways you were wrong.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:47 AM

19,220 posts, read 17,105,490 times
All this worry over a picture, the person in the Klan Robes has been identified.....

Old 02-02-2019, 10:48 AM

Quote:
I've seen several reports that said she is Asian -American.

She claims to identify as black whatever that means.
She has one black parent, one Indian parent. Its not that hard to google that. So "reports" is you saying you are wrong and cant admit it.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:48 AM

Quote:
well first, your party has 1 black senator.

Second, the democratic party has 2.

over the history of elected members of the senate, its 4 to 2.

You claimed Republican Gov Beasly removed the Con flag from the state grounds, which he didnt do. then you claimed he moved it to another place on the grounds, which he also didnt do and was supportive of the action when in reality, it was a Democrat(which you then switched your argument to being against laughingly).

those 2 things alone are like 8 ways you were wrong.
I never talked about all time. You assumed that. I can't be wrong in a point that I never made. I was talking about current office holders.

4 all time isn't very good for a party always talking about diversity and accusing GOP of racism. Democratic party would not be viable without 90 percent or higher black voter support.

I claimed Beasley pushed for it to be removed. Fact.

Harris is at least part Asian according to news reports. But I don't think 2 vs 1 is a big difference from 1 vs 1. Democrat party wins most of the black vote and white Republicans in SC have elected as many or 1 less as Democrats across the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies