Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2019, 08:50 PM

958 posts, read 304,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So if you are pro choice, that means you cannot be a Christian? Wow, isn't that being opposite of what Christianity is?
Correct. If you are for abortion, you are not a practicing Christian. That's why fake Catholics Andrew Cuomo, Nancy Pelosi, and Joe Biden are frauds.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Christian Healthcare Ministry cost-sharing 'insurance' has limited coverage, church attendance required

https://www.healthcarefinancenews.co...rch-attendance

Sounds like a religiously affiliated ponzi scheme
Another person who has no idea what the definition what a ponzi scheme is. Wiki, anyone?

Old 02-02-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Sounds like the same system. Can you explain in detail how it is different
I've already explained what Samaritan is. It's up to you to compare them if you wish. I don't care (Do u?)

Old 02-02-2019, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Baloney. I am quite certain that Samaritan Ministries, after reading this thread, would NOT want you as one of their spoke persons.

It is all in how you deliver your message. Even if there are "so many leftists who hate Christianity and Christians" out there, your temperament will just cause even more to turn away.

Two wrongs do not make a right.
I tell the truth about Marxists and their goals. More people need to do that.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
I was just wondering does this plan believe in immunizations for children or are those another waste that they have deemed unnecessary? Aren't those true believers one of the groups that skip protecting their child and society...

Immunizations fall under preventative medicine, which you pay for yourself. We don't need insurance for routine maintenance. It drives the cost up.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
If he's emblematic of a practicing "Christian", I'm reeaalllly proud to be "other than" on the census forms.
It's so easy when your belief doesn't come with standards, isn't it?

Old 02-02-2019, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
My friends who were members of many BIG churches...tied into everything from the Christian Rock Festivals to the Christian Disneyland (I think that went belly-up) got involved in a couple Ponzi Schemes which were not only approved by those churches, but often promoted ($$) by the local minister or priest. Then the Ponzi Schemes fell apart the Priest just said "we were scammed like everyone else". Meanwhile, my hard working friends lost $50K.

Here is one of their churches:
https://medfordsun.com/medford-pasto...s-ace612d2c9e8

Not Catholic either.

The plan cannot work...or, more likely, it has to take the exact same tack as health insurance used to do before ACA...that is, try to deny as much responsibility as possible.

There are so many in-between cases that is boggles the mind....but "the flock" just thinks that because it is Holy it much be Good.

Many genetic conditions - some that require millions - do not show up until later in life. So if your kids are signed up when they are living at home and 14 (say you started then) and they continue to pay...and at 22 they discover they have a mutation like NF2 or other that would not show earlier, is the group capable of spending millions for them for the rest of their lives.

All the other BS aside, the only claim the OP can make would be after perhaps 3 or 4 generations of people are on the plans their entire life. Please - come back and talk to us then.

Personally it sounds like Communism. A Commune.
"From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs" (Marx)
It must have taken a lot of work to come up with so many ridiculous falsehoods in one post.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
It's actually not a bad plan. The $160 is still pretty steep for some individuals - but for self employed, that's not that bad. I was quoted about that price many years ago when I was an individual contractor for a company and could not get insurance through them because of it. I contacted someone and she came over to discuss options - that $160 was about the same rate and that was over 15 years ago. So - not bad at all.

I agree that people should not be using insurance for a fricken check up. Just pay out of pocket, it's not that dang expensive. You know you're going to get one, save for it over the year.

I also agree that it shouldn't be covering things like some idiot driving drunk and wrecking their car - you did something stupid, why should everyone have to pay for that? YOU pay for it. And as an ex-smoker, I also agree with the part about smoking. And no, birth control should never have been forced on people - there's a free way to prevent getting knocked up.

The problem is that even if I were a Christian who attended church 3 times a month and had a pastor sign off on it, I have a pre-existing condition in that I still have issues with my spine thanks to someone else hitting my car. I was on the way to a job - oddly enough, that job where I was an independent contractor that I was talking about.

No insurance will cover more than 24 visits to a chiropractor a year - and I need more than that. Chiropractors are expensive, and so I don't get the treatment that I need. Not even stupid Obamacare covers it - so I'm not impressed with it, either.

But for those who live clean lives and don't act like they can't control themselves, this is a good plan.

You say that this is how government should do it - I disagree. The government shouldn't be involved in our healthcare at all. Every time the government gets involved, the prices go through the roof. And yet the very people who complain about how much everything costs are the ones who want to give government more control, ie: "free college for everyone!" after they allowed the government to get involved by handing out school loans left and right to just about anyone who applied. What happened? The price of education shot through the roof - and now they complain and that's why school should be free for all. Idiots.
Great post. Sorry about your spinal injury.

I just meant if government were going to run health care, they should run it like Samaritan in that there is no lump of cash that the government gets its hands on. But of course I know government folks have no interest in relinquishing power.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
How is birth control evil? Contraception is the key to reducing the birth rate and keeping people from having abortions.
The pill is often tantamount to an abortifacient since it keeps the embryo from attaching to the cell wall. Birth control is morally wrong for the reasons I stated in an earlier thread.

Quote:
As of 2018, a full 98 percent of Catholic women say they’ve used a form of birth control.
And so you think popular practice is the best way to determine morality?

Quote:
Birth control pills have some beneficial effects on women. Both combination and progestin-only pills reduce menstrual cramps, lighten periods, and lower your risk of ectopic pregnancy. The combination pill can also reduce or help prevent: acne, bone thinning, cysts in your breasts and ovaries, endometrial and ovarian cancers, serious infections in your ovaries, fallopian tubes, and uterus,
iron deficiency (anemia), and PMS (premenstrual syndrome).
Birth control pills have been shown to cause cancer.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
So they skim the cream of the crop of those needing insurance -- no pre-existing conditions, no diabetes, etc. and rely on folks negotiating their medical bills with hospitals and medical providers.
Hate to tell you, but most people don't have pre-existing conditions or diabetes. I wouldn't call them the cream. Unless you mean because they are practicing Christians, which would make them the moral cream to the crop. And there is othing wrong with negotiating your medical bills.

Quote:
You pay so much a month, and if you need expensive medical care, you have to prove you're deserving.
My wife and I never had to prove we were deserving of the three claims we made.

Quote:
Who picks up the tab for the person who runs up big medical tab and the good Christians determine that the person had a lapse in the faith or that the medical bill is a result of some non-Christian approved activity?
For conditions not covered, Samaritan opens it up to private donations for those who wish to help. The donors are very generous and often cover the expense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies