Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2019, 12:41 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,363,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
When you will you people understand my co-op is NOT CHM. It is Samaritan Ministries.
Sounds like the same system. Can you explain in detail how it is different

Old 02-02-2019, 12:43 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,337,548 times
Quote:
It wouldn't have gone smoother, because there are just so many leftists who hate Christianity and Christians. It's very much like people who say "If Trump would only not tweet" or "If only it were somebody other than Trump". Nonsense. The far left would be out to destroy ANY Republican president. Look what they did to George W. Bush every day of his administration.
Baloney. I am quite certain that Samaritan Ministries, after reading this thread, would NOT want you as one of their spoke persons.

It is all in how you deliver your message. Even if there are "so many leftists who hate Christianity and Christians" out there, your temperament will just cause even more to turn away.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Last edited by Raddo; 02-02-2019 at 12:56 PM..

Old 02-02-2019, 12:46 PM

19,294 posts, read 17,174,435 times
I was just wondering does this plan believe in immunizations for children or are those another waste that they have deemed unnecessary? Aren't those true believers one of the groups that skip protecting their child and society...

Old 02-02-2019, 12:48 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,363,924 times
Quote:
When you will you people understand my co-op is NOT CHM. It is Samaritan Ministries.
sounds like the EXACT same thing as CHM

https://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist....stries-review/

Old 02-02-2019, 12:48 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,535,297 times
Quote:
I love when they talk about life expectancy in these tiny frozen homogenous (white) countries. No big city urban gang violence. No turf wars. Lots of natural electricity, no smog (because it's frozen). No diversity. Surrounded by water. Lots of seafood. Tiny. Easy to maintain. Easy to traverse.

Talk to me when you're dealing with a huge diverse country like America is.
Talk to me when your diversity measures fully 1/5th of your population in a country bigger than yours that also scores higher in all those mentioned metrics. .

Old 02-02-2019, 12:51 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,535,297 times
Quote:
By your own definition, neither are you.
If he's emblematic of a practicing "Christian", I'm reeaalllly proud to be "other than" on the census forms.

Old 02-02-2019, 12:58 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,850,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post

I always thought that instead of traditional health insurance, people could opt to be members of a hospital and pay them monthly fees directly. The hospital would be there for them when they needed medical treatment. Yearly checkups would be at a discounted rate, also discounted medicines.

That would cut out the insurance company as the middleman. No more paying for all those insurance company employees and do away with a lot of paperwork. I don't understand why a free yearly checkup should be included in an insurance plan. I don't mind paying $125 for a checkup. And no, I don't want to be part of an insurance pool that pays for maternity services, not at my age.
Ever hear of Kaiser Permanente?

Old 02-02-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Again, that is was the irreligious leftists don't understand. Christians DO tell the truth. And because they do, Samaritan works wonderfully well.
All Christian, tell the truth, all the time?

Is trolling a hobby?

Old 02-02-2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I don't understand how it is legal to discriminate based on religion. Could McDonald's say that Christians will be served, but Jews will not? Could MACYs say only Christians can buy their clothes? Can Honda decide that Muslims cannot buy their cars? So how could an insurance company say you must be Christian?

I hate the ACLU, but this would be a good case for them.
Private clubs are free to discriminate.

Old 02-02-2019, 01:08 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,715,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Christian Healthcare Ministry cost-sharing 'insurance' has limited coverage, church attendance required

https://www.healthcarefinancenews.co...rch-attendance

Sounds like a religiously affiliated ponzi scheme
My friends who were members of many BIG churches...tied into everything from the Christian Rock Festivals to the Christian Disneyland (I think that went belly-up) got involved in a couple Ponzi Schemes which were not only approved by those churches, but often promoted ($$) by the local minister or priest. Then the Ponzi Schemes fell apart the Priest just said "we were scammed like everyone else". Meanwhile, my hard working friends lost $50K.

Here is one of their churches:
https://medfordsun.com/medford-pasto...s-ace612d2c9e8

Not Catholic either.

The plan cannot work...or, more likely, it has to take the exact same tack as health insurance used to do before ACA...that is, try to deny as much responsibility as possible.

There are so many in-between cases that is boggles the mind....but "the flock" just thinks that because it is Holy it much be Good.

Many genetic conditions - some that require millions - do not show up until later in life. So if your kids are signed up when they are living at home and 14 (say you started then) and they continue to pay...and at 22 they discover they have a mutation like NF2 or other that would not show earlier, is the group capable of spending millions for them for the rest of their lives.

All the other BS aside, the only claim the OP can make would be after perhaps 3 or 4 generations of people are on the plans their entire life. Please - come back and talk to us then.

Personally it sounds like Communism. A Commune.
"From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs" (Marx)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies