Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2019, 10:07 PM

958 posts, read 304,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
https://healthsharingreviews.com/rev...stries-review/

Sounds like some people are less than thrilled.
Mmm. Let's see. Looks like five of the eight raved about Samaritan. Two whined about the paperwork which is necessary, and not too difficult if you can keep records of who paid you and when. The other wanted Samaritan to insure a pre-existing condition for her adopted child., which is clearly against their policy as stated up front.

So no complaints about coverage, which we knew there wouldn't be. Im wondering if any of these people ever had to deal with their cases over the phone with these 0bamacare- sanctioned providers. My wife used to be on the phone for HOURS with these clowns, trying to get their errors straightened out, having to dispute charges, etc.

But the bottom line with Samaritan, and this is from someone who has filed three different claims with them, things will go smoothly if you keep track of all your transactions and READ the bylaws to see specifically what is and isn't covered, and you will be FINE. But if you lose receipts, don't keep track of stuff, be generally irresponsible, you will have problems getting your money in a timely manner. In other words, act like an intelligent person.

Last edited by Cheesemont; 02-02-2019 at 10:21 PM..

Old 02-02-2019, 10:24 PM

958 posts, read 304,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Actually it seems this option does more than call out evil acts. It says we aren't going to finance them.

Problem is I can't get on board with Type 1 Diabetes being evil.
That's not your greatest problem.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:34 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,708,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
There are no risks of unshared expenses. The Christian aspect is what causes the whole process to work. It reduces fraud, which is the biggie. Few practicing Christians lie and defraud. That's why secular companies couldn't get away with Samaritan's model. Simply put, the irreligious are far more likely to lie.
Wow. The irreligious are far more likely to lie?

Few practicing Christians lie and defraud? How about all those televangelists who lied and took people's money? Sorry, but that's what I think of now when I think of a Christian. I think some of them even went to jail.

There are plenty of decent Christians who definitely wouldn't be acceptable to this niche of "Christians." They wouldn't be the right kind of Christian. There are plenty of Catholics and Protestants who would be discriminated against by this sect even though they are religious and honest and they don't tell lies. There are a lot of atheists who are good people too.

This kind of thinking is really insulting to good, hard working Americans who just don't fit into some special little religious niche. And who's going to hold them to their promise to pay the claim? If they're anything like the pastors in the corrupt megachurches, they'll play favorites and if you're not one of their pals, good luck/good bye.

I'd rather have some real laws regarding what is done and what is not done. To me, that's more American and more fair.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:51 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,364,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Wow. The irreligious are far more likely to lie?

Few practicing Christians lie and defraud? How about all those televangelists who lied and took people's money? Sorry, but that's what I think of now when I think of a Christian. I think some of them even went to jail.
Not to mention those priests who molest children, taking advantage of their trust.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:56 PM

15,535 posts, read 10,512,774 times
I know one person who has this type of insurance. They are very pleased with it, so that's all that matters. I've never looked into it, but glad we have a bit of a choice.

Old 02-02-2019, 11:06 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,838,473 times
Quote:

The co-op I chose charged $465 for family plan, $160 for individuals. $5 million cap. No deductible. But there are RULES. You have to be a Christian, attend Christian church services at least three times a month, get your pastor to sign off on it, abstain from smoking, drinking to excess, and sex outside of marriage. It does not pay for check-ups or pre-existing conditions, you have to have been cancer-free for five years, and can't have Type I diabetes.

So Muslims, Islamist, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists need not apply ?

and

Who keeps track of church attendance ?

Old 02-02-2019, 11:50 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,770,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
So Muslims, Islamist, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists need not apply ?

and

Who keeps track of church attendance ?
That's tracked by the claims department.

If they don't feel like paying a claim, they just say you're not christian enough and that's that.

Old 02-03-2019, 12:08 AM

3,594 posts, read 1,795,576 times
At one point in our history church hospitals played a MUCH larger role in providing healthcare than they do now.

Old 02-03-2019, 12:25 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,772,153 times
Quote:
There are no risks of unshared expenses. The Christian aspect is what causes the whole process to work. It reduces fraud, which is the biggie. Few practicing Christians lie and defraud. That's why secular companies couldn't get away with Samaritan's model. Simply put, the irreligious are far more likely to lie.
You're not serious are you? What about the many Catholic priests, who I would say are practicing Christians, who have been committing unspeakable crimes against children? And the bishops and cardinals who have covered up their crimes? Sounds like fraud to me, and from the highest members of the church. Numerous studies have shown that religious communities tend to have the same if not higher rate of crime as America as a whole. People who do bad things seem to think that if they 'fess up to God on Sunday that it is all OK, as near as I can figure out.

America spends about $3.2 trillion per year on health care. That comes out to $10k per person, per year. That includes everyone, cradle to grave, all care from aspirin to the most expensive gene therapies. The only way to pay less than $10k per year, on average, is to discriminate in some way - not allow sick people, not treat expensive diseases, etc. But then you are rolling the dice and betting that you won't have one of those conditions that are not allowed. Your club is saving money by discriminating, not by being more moral than the rest of us.

Old 02-03-2019, 12:48 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,708,450 times
Well, it doesn't help the vast majority of Christians, just some certain sect. I think of Jonestown and that idiot who brainwashed the believers into drinking the kool aid and they all died.

Most mainstream Christians are left out of this narrow minded sort of exclusive club for health care. That's why we need single payer, universal health insurance. Something with rules and laws that will protect us. There must be a way and it's got to be something better than this idea that only helps a select few, a few who seem to think they are superior to the rest of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies