Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2019, 05:09 AM

958 posts, read 304,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I agree with this, as well as your two posts immediately prior to it.

Is it an option? Sure, for those who qualify and are willing to accept the conditions?

Is it insurance? No.

OP is really upset at some of the reactions here, but I suspect if the original post, as well as the header, had been more honest, the reactions would have been far less critical. When you come out swinging, people will swing back.
I already explained why I called it insurance. It's because if functions exactly the same as insurance. But the co-ops cannot use 'insurance' as a legal term because of the government laws imposed on 'insurance' companies which would remove the very essence of why Samaritan works so well.

Also, with this crowd, if I'd said 'heath co-op, the readers would have glazed over and not understood, and not read the OP, which I felt people needed to read.

And the only 'swinging' comment I made was about the Marxist media. So only leftwingers were offended. Conservatives were not, because they agree with me. And I don't mind offending leftwingers. They live to be offended. It's what they do.

Old 02-03-2019, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
No transplant center in the the U.S. will consider patients who are uninsured and consider those with cost-sharing plans as uninsured.

Say you need a kidney transplant and do not have the $300K+ to pay upfront, plus the $3K/month for medications, your option is to buy regular health insurance, which according to ACA laws cannot refuse those with pre-existing conditions.

Christian cost-share plans skim off the cream of the health insurance market.

If things go sour, these good Christians jump back into the regular health insurance market where the rest of us cost-share.
Show me a case where Samaritan 'went sour' aka didn't pay a claim they said they would pay up front, as written in the by-laws. You can't. If somebody needs a kidney transplant, then goes to Samaritan, they obviously have a pre-existing condition. Kidneys didn't get that way overnight.

Old 02-03-2019, 05:16 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
Samaritan was there long before 0bummercare. It will be there after.
Ah yes.

And as before, when the Christian cost-share programs won't cover large medical bills, the rest of us will, either through higher insurance premiums, Medicaid, or medical bankruptcy, driving up costs for the rest of us.

One wonders how many would still stick with their Christian cost-share plans if they knew that that the back-up options were not available to them.

Old 02-03-2019, 05:19 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,583,267 times
Quote:
Think about it. The whole reason it works and is so cheap is the Christian rules. So why would you admit people who don't follow the rules? Then the co-op fails. Wouldn't that be asinine?

No, the reason is that they don't accept people with cancer or diabetes.

Old 02-03-2019, 05:21 AM

19,220 posts, read 17,102,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Sure they do: Abstinence!
Yeah and should one of the flock find themselves expecting out of wedlock the flock will kick them out negating any obligation to provide health care or services. We all know a true Christian would never give in to sins of the flesh over the good word.....

Old 02-03-2019, 05:22 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Show me a case where Samaritan 'went sour' aka didn't pay a claim they said they would pay up front, as written in the by-laws. You can't. If somebody needs a kidney transplant, then goes to Samaritan, they obviously have a pre-existing condition. Kidneys didn't get that way overnight.
You got it.

Kidney transplants, heart transplants, MS, ... any number of a medical conditions requiring high dollar care are defined as pre-existing. Voila, the Christian cost-share is not responsible.

So these people:

Go without treatment.

Get regular insurance.

Get on Medicaid.

Run up huge medical bills that they can't pay and so go bankrupt, leaving these bills for the rest of us to cover.

Old 02-03-2019, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Not to mention those priests who molest children, taking advantage of their trust.
Let's see. The majority of criminals in prisons are Democrats. Certainly the vast majority of all molesters in prisoners were not regular church attendees when they committed their crimes. So it sounds like being a religiously unaffiliated Democrat is the typical child molester. Yet anti-religion bigots focus on the tiny minority.

Better check out all those molesting teachers in the godless public school system. Far more of them than priests.

Old 02-03-2019, 05:25 AM

Quote:
You got it.

Kidney transplants, heart transplants, MS, ... any number of a medical conditions requiring high dollar care are defined as pre-existing. Voila, the Christian cost-share is not responsible.

So these people:

Go without treatment.

Get regular insurance.

Get on Medicaid.

Run up huge medical bills that they can't pay and so go bankrupt, leaving these bills for the rest of us to cover.
Samaritan members, being the good Christians they are often pay for needs that are not covered by Samaritan. Samaritan offers that option. Truly great people.

Old 02-03-2019, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Yeah and should one of the flock find themselves expecting out of wedlock the flock will kick them out negating any obligation to provide health care or services. We all know a true Christian would never give in to sins of the flesh over the good word.....
All this whining about Samaritan's rules. Again, if you can't cut the rules, don't join. Pay more for inferior 0bummercare if you want.

Old 02-03-2019, 05:29 AM

Quote:
You got it.

So these people:

Go without treatment.

Get regular insurance.

Get on Medicaid.

All this talk about kidney transplants. Maybe if you irreligious folks would lay off the sauce, it wouldn't be a problem. But you blame Christians for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies