Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2019, 08:34 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,333,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesemont View Post
again, that is was the irreligious leftists don't understand. Christians do tell the truth. And because they do, samaritan works wonderfully well.
lol!

Wow, that is interesting. I laughed out loud so hard on that that I tried to say LOL in capital letters, but the forum changes it to lower case! I tried twice. More controlling, lol!

BTW, I an not an "irreligious leftist".

Old 02-02-2019, 08:34 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
Two things:

1. Project Veritas caught a Democrat operative on tape admitting he hired thugs to cause violence at Trump rallies:

https://dailycaller.com/2016/10/17/h...trump-rallies/

You alleged "there are so many paid leftwing activists who spread lies on forums." Thugs at Trump rallies are irrelevant to that allegation.

Quote:
2. Rush Limbaugh has said on his show, he hired investigators who proved leftwing activists, usually former college professors spammed complaints to his sponsors, directly and via social media, trying to get them to abandon his show. I do not have audio tape of Rush saying this, but I remember when he said it.

And I should believe a biased blowhard who makes a very nice living bashing the left to the RW sheeple because? Need I also mention the hypocrisy of this man who so often bashed drug-users despite being one himself?

Quote:
3. We also know protesters have been paid by the left in some instances.

https://www.ibtimes.com/occupy-chica...e-video-322493

You have yet to support your allegation with facts, try again!

BTW, Despite you first line, those are three things.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:35 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
To me, that's silly reasoning. It's like saying Christians are bigoted because a Christian minister won't perform Jewish weddings.

It's not like people are excluded because of race. Being a Christian is 100% voluntary, so if you want to participate in the health plan as far as religion goes, it's up to you.
I don't understand how it is legal to discriminate based on religion. Could McDonald's say that Christians will be served, but Jews will not? Could MACYs say only Christians can buy their clothes? Can Honda decide that Muslims cannot buy their cars? So how could an insurance company say you must be Christian?

I hate the ACLU, but this would be a good case for them.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:38 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
These Christian voluntary medical cost sharing ministries are NOT regulated and are NOT insurance. There are no guarantees your qualified medical bills will be shared. There is no legal obligation for the ministry to pay your medical bills.

There are no Preferred Provider Networks nor reimbursements to healthcare providers. Each member is 100% responsible for their own medical expenses. Generally speaking, it does not cover bills from healthcare providers unless service in rendered in a hospital. It does not cover prescription drugs or treatments not administered outside a hospital or and preventative in nature.

Members agree to share other members’ medical bills up to defined caps of their membership level.

Monthly Gifts= premiums. The ministry collects gifts from members. It reimburses members for qualified expenses within 4 months of receipt of qualified claims from the member. All of these programs incur administrative overhead.

Each level of membership contains a “ Personal Responsibility” factor which functions as a deductible. The most affordable level imposes a $5000 Personal Responsibility obligation per incident, per year.

There is a $100,000- $125,000 cap imposed on qualified medical expenses per illnes, dependent upon ministry. Members can opt into a higher level program, if available, for an incremental gift that may cover up to $1 million per illness, dependent on program and qualified expenses.

Members agree to abstain from tobacco products, alcohol, illegal substances and users are disqualifiers for benefits.

Maternity benefits for unwed mothers are not eligible.

Preexisting conditions do not qualify which could disqualify most people, given 75% of us are overweight/ obese. Diabetes which afflicts tens of millions is a disqualifier. Some ministries offer provisional benefits which may allow some form of phase in, over time, for certain conditions.

Membership levels are nearly statistically irrelevant, given the ovalall size of the US population.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:39 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,333,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I don't understand how it is legal to discriminate based on religion. Could McDonald's say that Christians will be served, but Jews will not? Could MACYs say only Christians can buy their clothes? Can Honda decide that Muslims cannot buy their cars? So how could an insurance company say you must be Christian?

That's why this isn't insurance. It is a tithe, with the church controlling people by what they do with the money.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:40 AM

958 posts, read 304,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
That's because they probably delete all the negative comments. I can only imagine some unscrupulous pastor holding this over some poor sap's head for blackmailing purposes. "Live your life how I say or else your entire family is cut off." Yeah no thanks. Medicare for all is the only viable solution.
You mean there aren't sites that are independent who won't delete posts critical of Samaritan? I find that hard to believe.

Medicare for all. Yep. Let's expand government inefficiency immorality and corruption to an even large scale.

And you people wonder why Venezuela failed.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:42 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,072 times
What a great idea to share medical expenses.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:42 AM

7,931 posts, read 9,158,452 times
Quote:

Because it is an association health plan. Prior to ACA it was allowed for people in similar professions or associations to group together to form a pool for health insurance. ACA outlawed it except for Amish and the other religious health plans were allowed to stay as well.
Trump has allowed association plans to be sold once again. So if you are interested in them for insurance you have many non religious options.

Not everything is a conspiracy or discrimination.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:43 AM

13,610 posts, read 21,399,012 times
Quote:
Again, that is was the irreligious leftists don't understand. Christians DO tell the truth. And because they do, Samaritan works wonderfully well.
Stop being so judgmental , Christians or so they may call themselves don't always tell the truth. Left, right, conservative or liberal or whatever label you can use , morality, honesty, and values can only be determined by the individual.

As for measuring the purity of one's soul, leave that to God. When people start judging the purity of other people's soul is when things go wrong.

Thanks for the info on the healthcare it might help some.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:43 AM

958 posts, read 304,668 times
Quote:

It is discriminatory for the US Women's volleyball team to bar men from Ghana?

Is it discriminatory for the College Football Coaches Association to bar people who aren't coaches?

Is it discriminatory for the SAG to bar non-actors?

How silly do you want to get, girl?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies