Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2019, 07:23 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,625,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
You know, instead of making this a bash the Christian or bash the non-Christian why don't we just say thanks for the info , this alternative might be helpful to some.
Ask the OP. That's where the bashing started, in the very title.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:25 AM

13,636 posts, read 21,462,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hospitality View Post
Interesting to see the Catholic Church referred to as the "godless left". But at least we agree they have a serious child molestation problem.
Very close friends of mine (they call me family) are Catholic and they never openly judge others , some of the nicest caring people I'm blessed to know.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:26 AM

958 posts, read 306,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Here is a link to the guidelines for one such organization:

https://www.chministries.org/media/1...nes2018_v1.pdf

Note that if you have a health problem, you must initially pay out of pocket. You then submit your bills and some other paperwork. Whether or not other members of the cooperative help you pay the bills is totally up to them. As the guidelines make clear, there is no contractual obligation for your medical bills to be paid.

No wonder it is cheap.
The co-op I use is called Samaritan ministries, and although they are not contractually required to pay, no one has ever reported not being covered for a eligible conditions as outlined in the bylaws. If such were the case, there would be complainst to read about it. As it is, you will not be able to find ONE, even if you google all day.

As far as the out-of-pocket thing, that is what I do because I am able. But others can set up payment plans and not have to pay right away.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:27 AM

1,950 posts, read 1,136,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
Oh, no. The godless left are the atheist and irreligious folks who go along with the current Marxist sentiment embraced by the Democrat Party. Hope that helps remedy your confusion.
Oh.. you must have misread the original post. He was referring to the child molestation that the Catholic Church is well known for and as a collective have superceded any other group or classification. Since members of this particular church do so much harm... It would be good if the insurance covered it.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:28 AM

13,636 posts, read 21,462,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Ask the OP. That's where the bashing started, in the very title.
I know it did, just saying why do we and he have to get like that, the OP could have spelled out a good alternative for insurance for some and leave it at that.

On the other hand though there are some that just look for a opportunity to bash Christians and this thread let them right in.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Very close friends of mine (they call me family) are Catholic and they never openly judge others , some of the nicest caring people I'm blessed to know.
Oh, I believe it. True Catholics do exist. I know some.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:29 AM

18,484 posts, read 7,149,161 times
Quote:
I don't think my co-op will deny coverage for a new condition that arises from past smoking. But of course you can't apply as a new member with cancer and expect to be covered. That's not insurance. It's welfare.

What's the cutoff for how long ago you quit?

A month? Six months? ....A year?.... Five years?.... Ten years?

Again, the plan doesn't sound very Christian like to me.

I have nothing against co-ops, I think they're a great idea.

But I don't think this one in particular is the bee's knees simply because it's Christian based.

One of the reasons I'm agnostic is I hate the hypocrisy of people who claim to be Christians as much as the arrogance of many secular/atheists.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:30 AM

Quote:
I know it did, just saying why do we and he have to get like that, the OP could have spelled out a good alternative for insurance for some and leave it at that.

On the other hand though there are some that just look for a opportunity to bash Christians and this thread let them right in.
It actually started out by someone from Texas defending Christianity against the OP.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:32 AM

18,484 posts, read 7,149,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
The Catholic Church is an organized child sex trafficking ring and anyone who financially or spiritually supports them endorsed and supports child rape. You protect pedophiles. You have no moral ground to stand on on ANY subject.

Yeah right....

As if there are no secular/atheist/Jewish/Muslim/etc child molesters.

That type of sickness knows no religion.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:32 AM

831 posts, read 1,971,725 times
Quote:
Interestingly, you can look up any and all complaints against Samaritan, and you will not find a single negative thing in any forum as far as their denying coverage of a condition they claim they will cover. This is rather astounding, considering there are so many paid leftwing activists who spread lies on forums.
I looked at Samaritan's site and read their rules. Also googled reviews for them, there aren't many mentioned...just blogs with praise from other extremely religious types.

Frankly I'm not big on the creation of another industry/ insurance (in particular) with even *more* exclusions and harmful rules than a traditional sucky health insurance, but if it suits you - run with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies