Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2019, 08:26 AM

19,649 posts, read 12,235,883 times

Advertisements

OP was dishonest in calling it insurance in the subject title, and dishonest claiming that there are no bad reviews about this program.

It is not insurance, you just give your money to others every month, they don't have to pay a dime for your medical care.

OP is happy they paid for him, but everyone has not been so fortunate.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:27 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,102,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
You have free will to live as a Christian or not do so. If you choose not to do so, you can't complain about Christian health co-ops.
And the neat part about "living as a Christian" is it all depends on what preacher you follow to determine what the criteria will be....

Old 02-02-2019, 08:27 AM

5,998 posts, read 3,735,836 times
Quote:
I don't know what type of people you associate with, but the Christian conduct requirements are easy for a lot of people. And there are a lot of people who don't have Type I diabetes or haven't had cancer in five years. It would work for the vast majority of Americans if they chose.
Trying to coerce people into being Christian. Are you guys that desperate for members these days?

Old 02-02-2019, 08:28 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,333,458 times
Thanks for warning me about this. I've heard ads on the radio for it, but I didn't know they were trying to be so controlling. Your post has saved me a bunch of time since now there is no need to give it a second thought.

This is no different than an expensive tithe, which in turn allows the church to control others by giving the money back only to the needy who follows the flock.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:28 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,783,484 times
Quote:
Jesus often pointed out the bad actions of Pharisees. The leftwingers are today's Pharisees. Always preaching and dictating, but never following their own dictates.
Again, you are not Jesus.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:29 AM

958 posts, read 304,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DogNight View Post
I looked at Samaritan's site and read their rules. Also googled reviews for them, there aren't many mentioned...just blogs with praise from other extremely religious types.

Frankly I'm not big on the creation of another industry/ insurance (in particular) with even *more* exclusions and harmful rules than a traditional sucky health insurance, but if it suits you - run with it.
Wouldn't you think in the vast webscape you could find just ONE negative experience about Samaritan about it's not covering a claim that wasn't excluded in the bylaws? Keep looking.

Big industry? Who's making money off Samaritan? Nobody.

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Well, I don't consider calling a hypocrite a hypocrite to be 'flaming', and I've known/observed far too many Sunday morning 'Christians' who think what they do for 45 minutes on Sunday morning frees them to lie, cherat, and steal the rest of the week to put much stock in talk. There's much wisdom in 'actions speak louder than words'.
Not arguing that point. My comment on flaming is in regards to not just this thread but several other times we see each side do so.

Cheesemont in my opinion delivered the message wrong, he chose to pass judgement on others in a degrading or flaming manner, which if someone is looking to bring someone to their side that is the wrong way to deliver a message.

No one responds well to being looked down upon, or someone getting in their face sort to speak.

But it brings up a point, this Christian insurance he is telling us about has rules. It obviously won't help everybody. But the same for government insurance. Some propose universal government run insurance, it will impose rules on people some will object to.

There has to be options, if there is only one choice, government insurance, if it is bad then everybody is stuck with it.

19,649 posts, read 12,235,883 times
Quote:
That's not my co-op. Mine is Samaritan Ministries.
It doesn't matter, it is the same concept. It doesn't work for everyone, you take your chances.

I would rather have an Obamacare policy or "state" insurance, because it is insurance.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
This is an interesting one that another poster pointed out to me:

Judging someone's intelligence next to a box of doughnuts....
Yeah, see. She's a political figure. We are called upon to criticize the ones intending to do us harm. How many times have I had to say that now? Four?

C'mon guys.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
How would they know if you're having sex out of marriage? All you have to do is buy your own birth control.
Again, that is was the irreligious leftists don't understand. Christians DO tell the truth. And because they do, Samaritan works wonderfully well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies