Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2019, 09:57 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
We're not going backwards it isn't happening. You are not being realistic. Trump is a blip, who lied and damage is being done as we speak. You are on the losing side, we will have to decide which universal plan is the best one, not whether there will be one. You advocate killing Americans through neglect and enlightened people are over that. I have no problem paying more so everyone can have access to healthcare, it benefits all of us. I don't care if others pay less or get it for free, we all need it.
1. you already have access to all the healthcare you could want...its called the yellow pages... 100's of thousands of doctors listed... find one, go to one, receive the service...…….

2. medicare for all will cost 4 trillion annually..... and it does NOT cover everything.. its an 80/20 INSURANCE, in which you need to BUY a supplemental insurance....and it is famous for its list of denial of care

3. singlepayer to fully cover 330 million people will cost 6 plus trillion

4. there are only about 75-80 million ACTUAL TAX PAYERS....4 trillion divided by 80 million is 50k...6+ trillion divide by 80 million is 75 k...………….

Can you afford a 50k-75k tax bill??????????????????????????? because that is what is coming
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2019, 09:59 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
OMG.... are you serious? I advocate killing Americans? This from the pro-abortion, open border constituency? Taking all your "feelings" out of it.... How ya going pay for it? In cold hard data. Facts.
If we don't have to pay for the wars and bail outs, why do we have to pay for health care?

Quote:
Keeping in mind of course that you want what's "fair." You can't do it can you? Of course not. You have to bully and berate someone because you want what you want, you don't want to have to pay for it yourself, and you don't care who it hurts on the other side to get it. Can you not comprehend that? That some of us have been taxed to freaking death for your programs. It's okay to put my family in bankruptcy and poverty so that YOU can have health care?
Hyperbole does not make for good arguments. You are paying now. Having people see a doctor before and issue becomes an emergency is far cheaper than paying for E.R. visits.

Old 02-08-2019, 10:03 AM

19,654 posts, read 12,244,081 times
Quote:
OMG.... are you serious? I advocate killing Americans? This from the pro-abortion, open border constituency? Taking all your "feelings" out of it.... How ya going pay for it? In cold hard data. Facts.

Keeping in mind of course that you want what's "fair." You can't do it can you? Of course not. You have to bully and berate someone because you want what you want, you don't want to have to pay for it yourself, and you don't care who it hurts on the other side to get it. Can you not comprehend that? That some of us have been taxed to freaking death for your programs. It's okay to put my family in bankruptcy and poverty so that YOU can have health care?
LOL, you literally did not read what I wrote. I PAY too, yes I do. And I'm fine with it, if it will save lives. I quoted you, asking how much should other people pay for someone to survive? Yes, if we deny them health care they DIE. We kill them through neglect. That is our shame as a wealthy country. Just so you can save a few bucks. Shame.

The point is to put together a plan, so we CAN pay for it. ACA was a start but low information types would not participate to give it a fair chance.

You are not going bankrupt because of UHC taxes, but you might if you lose your private insurance.

Old 02-08-2019, 10:03 AM

17,311 posts, read 12,263,996 times
This proposal is cheaper.

And news flash, you are already paying for other people's care, it's built in to the inflated prices.

Old 02-08-2019, 10:08 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,477,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
1. you already have access to all the healthcare you could want...its called the yellow pages... 100's of thousands of doctors listed... find one, go to one, receive the service...…….

2. medicare for all will cost 4 trillion annually..... and it does NOT cover everything.. its an 80/20 INSURANCE, in which you need to BUY a supplemental insurance....and it is famous for its list of denial of care

4. there are only about 75-80 million ACTUAL TAX PAYERS....4 trillion divided by 80 million is 50k...6+ trillion divide by 80 million is 75 k...………….

Can you afford a 50k-75k tax bill??????????????????????????? because that is what is coming
The hundreds of dollars a month taken out of paychecks by employers to send to the insurance companies will go to the Medicare For All program or whatever program we eventually end up with. The leeching insurance companies have never made a person healthier, just poorer.
Of course turning wealthy people like the president into taxpayers could help immensely. He`s one of the 47% Romney talked about.

Old 02-08-2019, 10:20 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,145,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
This proposal is cheaper.
Give me the numbers. Right now the health insurance for my family is over 10K per year. So prove to me how me paying additional is going to save me money. Or at least break even. You can't do it. Plain and simple. You want to reach into my pocket more for health insurance (and there is a distinction between health care, which everyone DOES have access to and health insurance) to pay. Insurance is risk based. At least now I pay for those who have used the system instead of paying for those who MIGHT use the system. So you want to GAMBLE with my money....... irregardless of how someone handles their lifestyle. I could be paying for someone who doesn't exercise, eat right, and participates in dangerous behaviors. Thanks no. I know I sound like an uncaring person and I'm really not. I'd give the shirt off my back to someone who needs it. But damn straight you better love that shirt. Take care of that shirt. And if you happen to lose that shirt through no fault of your own, I'll give you another shirt. But I simply will NOT continue to give shirts to people who refuse to take responsibility for their own needs by harping free, free, free anymore. And we all know that the tax the rich malarky you're trying to sell just won't cover the costs. It's coming down to us middle-class because we all know that that is where the money is. And when the system fails, as we all KNOW it will, who you going to blame? You going to blame the government? Nope... you'll blame the very people whose money you stole. We didn't GIVE enough..... Guess what.....we've given to the point that yes, we quite frankly don't care anymore...... (Is that enough "feelings" for the left because we all know that that is all that matters)

Old 02-08-2019, 10:23 AM

1,705 posts, read 538,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

If 30-40 other countries are able to spend $5000 pr person to cover them for everything for life, and the US now spends $10.000 and dont cover everybody, and just for certain things, how in gods green earth will it cost MORE to do as the other 30+ countries with Universal Healthcare?

The US now spends $3.4 TRILLION on healthcare.. when it should spend $2.4 Trillion or less on healthcare.
Its wasting at least $1 Trillion a year to private industry as of now.. wanna guess how much of that goes to congress and senators reelection campaigns?

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-08-2019 at 11:28 AM.. Reason: language

Old 02-08-2019, 10:23 AM

17,311 posts, read 12,263,996 times
Quote:
Give me the numbers. Right now the health insurance for my family is over 10K per year. So prove to me how me paying additional is going to save me money. Or at least break even. You can't do it. Plain and simple. You want to reach into my pocket more for health insurance (and there is a distinction between health care, which everyone DOES have access to and health insurance) to pay. Insurance is risk based. At least now I pay for those who have used the system instead of paying for those who MIGHT use the system. So you want to GAMBLE with my money....... irregardless of how someone handles their lifestyle. I could be paying for someone who doesn't exercise, eat right, and participates in dangerous behaviors. Thanks no. I know I sound like an uncaring person and I'm really not. I'd give the shirt off my back to someone who needs it. But damn straight you better love that shirt. Take care of that shirt. And if you happen to lose that shirt through no fault of your own, I'll give you another shirt. But I simply will NOT continue to give shirts to people who refuse to take responsibility for their own needs by harping free, free, free anymore. And we all know that the tax the rich malarky you're trying to sell just won't cover the costs. It's coming down to us middle-class because we all know that that is where the money is. And when the system fails, as we all KNOW it will, who you going to blame? You going to blame the government? Nope... you'll blame the very people whose money you stole. We didn't GIVE enough..... Guess what.....we've given to the point that yes, we quite frankly don't care anymore......
Numbers have been posted several times in this thread. The overall spend on the current system is more, for less coverage.

How to distribute the costs as a tax rather than as employer/employee/individual premiums is a matter of debate and would likely just be progressive with brackets like our existing taxes.

Trick would also be to ensure that the current employer paid premiums flow back into our paychecks rather than just be pocketed as profit.

Old 02-08-2019, 10:31 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,048,990 times
Health care is a service, not a right. What we need to do is fully deregulate it. Insurance companies should be deregulated. All public involvement should cease. The FDA should be abolished. Capitalism and the free market should be allowed to allocate health care. That’s what we had in earlier times, when doctors would come by your house to give you reasonably priced care.

The current high prices are attributable to state involvement and corruption. Eliminate the state, privatize everything. Make everything for-profit. Watch the costs come down.

We already have significant state involvement and we see the result. We can see what total state involvement looks like. We need only look at Canada, Eurotrashland, etc. What do we see? Rationing, cost containment, death panels, denial of care, waiting lists that kill you, etc. Let’s get rid of the state involvement. Abolish all the fiefdoms in the 50 state insurance commissions. Allow insurance companies to operate across all state lines without any state interference. Allow doctors to charge what they want. Remove all the regulation, paperwork, overhead, bureaucracy, and interference. Walmart can open a doctor’s office in every store without ANY involvement by the state. Just like the eye care centers that you see everywhere.

Get rid of the state. Don’t increase its reach. We don’t need the people who gave us the monopoly post office and the DMV to be controlling our very life and death.

Deregulate, privatize, free market, for-profit, capitalism for medicine.

$$$

Old 02-08-2019, 10:37 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,145,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
How to distribute the costs as a tax rather than as employer/employee/individual premiums is a matter of debate and would likely just be progressive with brackets like our existing taxes.
So I have to work longer and harder to bring the same amount of net home in my paycheck to pay my other expenses and quite possibly send me into a higher tax bracket so that someone else has the exact same thing I'm paying for? Got it. Someone wants me to pay for their discount or the purchase price in whole.... Sure, why the hell not....... And ya'll wonder why there are those of us who feel as we do. Whether there are people on here who will admit it or not...... that remains to be seen....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies