Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2019, 10:25 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So, WHY pay the Fed Gov MORE than they're entitled to collect? Do you understand that under such circumstances, you're CHOOSING to overpay the Fed Gov instead of paying down interest accruing debt, helping your kids, or paying for health care?
Then, DON'T overpay the Fed Gov just to get an interest-free tax refund at the end of the year. That's colossally stupid.
Actually, 1%-ers are paying MORE under tax reform. Here's why: Tax Reform’s Wealthy Losers
The poster you are responding to has stated that he pays more into his taxes because he knows he won't have it at the end of the year to pay out if he doesn't. He did so, and he still owes taxes now. What's your response? You stupid idiot, you paid in more than you needed to! And yeah, even though you overpaid, you still owe taxes, but that's okay because owing is GOOD!

And oh, yeah, why don't you care about all those poor multi-billionaires who might not see any reductions in their taxes? How can you be so callous, worrying about how you are now going to pay your tax bill when some multi-billionaires might not get a cut? Sob!

You remind me once more of why I usually scroll past your posts. A practice I will now resume.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2019, 10:28 AM

7,826 posts, read 4,570,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
I have the opposite. I made slightly less than last year, but my tax refund went up by about $2,000. The tax code now contains a lovely 20% deduction for small business owners. And the tax code treats real estate agents as sole proprietorships. Plus I can section 179 pretty much anything I buy for my business.

I LOVE THE NEW TAX CODE. It's about time the tax code gave a break to the people who pay for all the freeloading vagabonds and other redistributive suckups.
Hall of Fame material. Chastising tax scofflaws while crowing about benefiting from special interest tax incentives.

Never change, you beautiful clueless wonders...

Old 02-12-2019, 10:29 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The poster you are responding to has stated that he pays more into his taxes because he knows he won't have it at the end of the year to pay out if he doesn't.
That's a personal responsibility problem, not a Fed Gov problem.
Quote:
He did so, and he still owes taxes now. What's your response?
He likely lives in a high tax blue state/locality. That's a state/locality problem, NOT a federal problem.
Quote:
You stupid idiot, you paid in more than you needed to! And yeah, even though you overpaid, you still owe taxes, but that's okay because owing is GOOD!
If you overpaid you get an interest-free refund, you don't owe more. Understand?

Old 02-12-2019, 10:54 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,802,578 times
The new tax code helped us with a windfall profit that pushed us up in a higher tax bracket. It also helped us with the rental income that was taxed at 20%, however, our return was thousands of dollars less than it was last year, and we had a loss on one of the rentals we sold last year.

We had to over pay with John's pension check because we never filed the quarterly installments on the rental properties. We will be able to adjust his with holdings this year.

Did the new tax code help us? Yes when we were pushed up to a higher tax bracket, and no after we filed a normal return. But hey, Trump's rich buddies needed a favor and that's how it works isn't it?

Old 02-12-2019, 11:02 AM

425 posts, read 391,978 times
I am still waiting for documents, but given that I am in NYC I anticipate my taxes being a wash or go up. It is what it is. I know it won't happen, but it would be nice to see NY become less of net giver in federal tax dollars.

Old 02-12-2019, 11:24 AM

16,088 posts, read 6,860,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartGotts View Post
Just finished my tax returns...

I made more money, paid more in taxes and am getting back

I got back the same as last year ................
Thanks for the gumball popeye !

There is a very old saying:
A fool and his money are soon parted.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:01 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Just finished my tax returns...Thanks for NOTHING Trump!

What, you're unhappy because you're still getting much more from government than you're paying for??

You just can't satisfy a liberal.
Quote:
Makes absolutely no sense.
I couldn't agree more.

Yet the liberals keep on whining about how much they pay in taxes... and the other half of their time, they keep demanding government do more, "help" people more, call Republicans "heartless" when they don't agree, etc.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:04 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,042,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It actually IS common sense to save 4% or even 7% interest on debt rather than to give the Fed Gov an interest free loan. How does that fact confuse you?
The only thing that confuses me is how an actual human being produces some of the things I see produced on the internet. The tendency to on cue generate seemingly robotic responses to certain triggers definitely confuses me, that is true without a doubt.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:16 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
So then you got no tax cut. From a Trump tax-cut claim.
So you admit it.....

Before Trump became president I paid taxes.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:22 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times
Quote:
Just finished my tax returns...
I made more money, paid more in taxes and am getting back 1/3 the amount I got last year!
SOOOOOO HAAAPPPPY your rich 1% buddies got a tax break, they REEEAAAALLY need it.

Congrats however, now I know I'm voting for ANYONE but Trump.
Vote for a Dem who supports the Green New Deal. Then you won't have to work but will still get money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies