Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2019, 10:48 AM

662 posts, read 313,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
All Kap had to do was show some support to us troops do a few PR events with them, but I never saw it. It looked like a FU to the country so he's unemployed. But he's free to do that.
It only looked like an FU to the country because oversensitive right wingers respond with overboard outrage any time someone doesn't follow in lockstep with ritual displays of patriotism.
People can follow all of the patriotic rituals they want and still be an unpatriotic piece of crap when it comes down to matters of substance. Take president bone spurs for example. Ritual patriotic displays are a breeze for him, but when patriotism actually counts he does whatever he wants, like kissing Putin's ass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2019, 11:13 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You don't have a right to protest at a private business. You don't care about the truth, you don't understand rights, and you stand up for people based on skin color. My how noble of you.

It's not about me, it's not about race even though you love to play the race card, it's about the topic of discussion and honesty. Two things you deflect from.

I never said it was. That's just a childish thing you've made up.

lol That's just a childish thing you've made up. Unlike you I make decisions for myself based on facts, logic, and reason. I don't look for handouts because one of my parents abandoned me and I wasn't raised correctly.

Your progressive, race based way of life has never worked and will be snuffed out since America needs men and adults to move forward and progressive race based people that you support are all about receiving handouts and treating people , especially minorities like children. Except Asians, they are treated horribly. Jealousy by under performers does that.
Have you learned nothing? You've already been embarrassed, why do you keep digging deeper?

Old 02-16-2019, 11:30 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times
Quote:
This one is easy. You do not have a Constitutional right to protest at the work place.
BULL.

You are attempting to apply one side of the law while ignoring the important part.

No corp can require an employee to take an oath, a pledge to some random entity or anything even vaguely like it. anyone adult can refuse to take the MADE UP in the 1950s pledge. (remember there WAS NO PLEDGE IT IS ANTI COMMIE PROPAGANDA.)

i suggest you spend more time learning and less time attacking Americans who refuse to bend the Knee to trumpism

He got tens of millions and stuck it to Trump and Trumpism and there is nothing you can say or do to change that.

Old 02-16-2019, 11:51 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,302,408 times
In reference to the right to protest at work; in reality the NFL's CBA (union contract) did not require players to stand for the NA. For what ever reason they would choose not to, is irrelevant.

Old 02-16-2019, 12:25 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,948,281 times
Meh...

This settlement just runs the clock out on Kaepernick's 15 minutes... to the NFL, it's a cheap solution at twice that price.

Old 02-16-2019, 01:39 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,184,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No it isn't. All the same it was said he should go to the police academy to find out what it's like to be a police officer. One does not need to do that. We have plenty of examples. One of which I noted.
Oh yes he does need to do that. He doesn't like the way (black men) are treated in this country. And instead of kneeling, he should actually take some REAL action to try to fix whatever problem he thinks that we have. It's all too easy to play armchair cop AFTER a situation and wave around the race card. But just think, if he could actually walk 50 miles in a police officer's shoes in the rough section of Chicago or any other (poor) black neighborhood in an urban area... he would understand what it's like to have to keep the peace in those areas.

IMO blacks are treated just fine in America right now. And the only thing that would stop all the race cards being played, is to have those black neighborhood patrolled by black police officers. A police force should reflect the racial and cultural makeup of the neighborhood they are patrolling.

But this kneeling thing is old and completely passe. It's so passive aggressive and provocative in an unproductive way.

Old 02-16-2019, 01:43 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,260,970 times
The NFL lost this case when Nathan Peterman got jobs and Kaepernick didn't.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...arterback-ever

Old 02-16-2019, 01:53 PM

9,519 posts, read 4,348,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinsey86 View Post
So we are better than North Korea? Guess the bar is really low now.

What? Nobody said anything of the sort. Try to keep up. Somebody equated the free market's treatment of Kaepernick to government oppression in North Korea. I was responding to that. But, I'm pretty sure you knew that, but think you're being clever. Bad news - you're not.

Old 02-16-2019, 02:19 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
You don't have a right to protest at a private business. You don't care about the truth, you don't understand rights, and you stand up for people based on skin color. My how noble of you.

It's not about me, it's not about race even though you love to play the race card, it's about the topic of discussion and honesty. Two things you deflect from.

lol That's just a childish thing you've made up. Unlike you I make decisions for myself based on facts, logic, and reason. I don't look for handouts because one of my parents abandoned me and I wasn't raised correctly.

Your progressive, race based way of life has never worked and will be snuffed out since America needs men and adults to move forward and progressive race based people that you support are all about receiving handouts and treating people , especially minorities like children. Except Asians, they are treated horribly. Jealousy by under performers does that.
Lol...uh oh! Here we go again with the white folks tryna pit Asians against other minorities.

Conservative whites ALWAYS think they’re the mouthpieces for the Asian community even though you guys never bother to actually ask what they think.

Whitesplainin’ as usual.

Old 02-16-2019, 02:49 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Kap proved there was collusion and he is still the idiot who lost? Haha

Some folks are mad
This was a win-win. Anything that keeps Kap out of the NFL is a win for the owners. Owners also avoid a court case that would reveal things they'd rather keep private. The NFL only loses if a crazy team owner hires Kap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies