Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2019, 08:06 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,342,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
$60 mil is peanuts for the NFL. They got the biggest thorn in their side out of the way and did not have to go to court which would have been a PR nightmare.

The NFL won big time on this. Its like giving some crazy homeless dude asking for money a quarter just to leave you alone.
That's what I was thinking, the NFL is a $14 billion a year business. $60 million, while a substantial amount of money by itself, is 0.43% of what the NFL takes in every year. It's basically like each ownership group throwing in $1.875 million into a pot to make this just go away. Chump change!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2019, 08:36 PM

30,184 posts, read 11,821,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
He wasn't bothering anyone by kneeling during he anthem. Most people didn't even know he was doing it. The NFL created their own problem and now they have to pay for it. Stick to football, boys. Now if we can only convince these dudes to STOP working for the NFL. Put their butts out of business once and for all.
Come on. If he was just kneeling and not bothering anyone then how was it that it became known why he was kneeling? Obviously it was a political / social statement by biting the hand that feeds him. Sure he got a few bucks after everyone gets their take that will be less than if he just played the game. Kaep lost and the NFL won. Was there some tsunami of change that occurred because of Kaep? Did he end police brutality or even slow it down? Nothing changed except he not longer plays football.

What did the NFL do wrong here that you want them out of business? Millions of people enjoy watching the NFL. Part of what people enjoy about it is an escape from reality. Then Kaep turns it into this kneel or no kneel thing and ruins what is good about the NFL.

Is the NFL responsible in any way at all for police brutality? The NFL needs to be out of business? Seriously you think that?

Old 02-16-2019, 08:37 PM

30,184 posts, read 11,821,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
That's what I was thinking, the NFL is a $14 billion a year business. $60 million, while a substantial amount of money by itself, is 0.43% of what the NFL takes in every year. It's basically like each ownership group throwing in $1.875 million into a pot to make this just go away. Chump change!

It is chump change. On top of that they shut up Kaep and the PR nightmare which is worth way more than $60 mil. Amazing that money for him is more important than the social statement he was trying to make. He must really be broke or it was really just about the money.

Old 02-16-2019, 09:17 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,641,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
No I'm not. You arte uneducated on this matter.

l
Nope you just angry you are losing in every argument you have here....

You have post after post where you just sling mud, call people names etc.

I am guessing the country you love is Russia, because you have a very anti-american attitude.

Old 02-16-2019, 09:28 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,342,596 times
Paying Colin to go away and stay away sounds like a bargain to me. Let him go kneel to his lawyers.

Old 02-16-2019, 09:42 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Nope you just angry you are losing in every argument you have here....

You have post after post where you just sling mud, call people names etc.

I am guessing the country you love is Russia, because you have a very anti-american attitude.
He’s a glutton for getting verbally ass kicked.

Old 02-16-2019, 09:46 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
"Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything."

I guess he believes in 60 million dollars and sacrificing his principles for it. Sell out.
You believe in it too, and you’d come a lot cheaper than that.

Why do y’all hate to see a brother come up so bad? Y’all want him to be broke and under a bridge so badly that you’re coming unglued. Lol

Old 02-17-2019, 02:13 AM

1,203 posts, read 836,985 times
I understand the "ready, fire, aim" group that we have here. I would say it's unfortunate we don't know the actual amount of the settlement. If it was $60 million and he shocked the world by taking the entire amount and used it for "his cause" (whatever the hell it is...he never really did a good job of articulating that), I'd say an objective person could at least say he actually believed in it. Admittedly, that still wouldn't matter to the group here who pass judgement a mere days (hours?) after a settlement. Personally, I don't believe he'll do that but at least I'm open minded enough to let some time pass to see what his next actions are.

Old 02-17-2019, 02:58 AM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times
Collusion? The Ravens were going to give him a job, and his girlfriend, with his knowledge, and approval tweeted a racist message, and slave image calling the Raven's owner slave owners. The Ravens pulled the offer.

What team would want that circus to distract their players, and fans from FOOTBALL to introduce POLITICS, and a media firestorm? The NFL just paid him to go the efff away. They've got so much money they don't care.

Old 02-17-2019, 03:38 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
It is chump change. On top of that they shut up Kaep and the PR nightmare which is worth way more than $60 mil. Amazing that money for him is more important than the social statement he was trying to make. He must really be broke or it was really just about the money.
He can continue to make his statements. He will continue to be the face of Nike. Nothing here stops him from doing that as this was not about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies