Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2019, 05:32 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Proposing one fantasy after another.

Sanders and his tuition free college, Kamala and her $500 monthly check proposal to families, Warren and her free universal childcare to families who make less than $50,000 and of course Medicare for All which they have no way to pay for it just a campaign statement to get liberals to go to the polls.

https://www.newsmax.com/finance/stre.../19/id/903335/

Wonder how many goodies they are going to propose between now and election time.,

We can add universal childcare onto medicare for all and $500 prize each month to Democratic proposals.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/12/kama...e-incomes.html

So far, Kamala is proposing a $500 gift a month for families and Warren is proposing universal childcare that is free for families who make less than $50,000 and no more than 7% of income for those above $50,000

They have also proposed Medicare for All but there is no viable way to pay for it, so they want people to trust them that they know what they are doing.
More “free” government cheese, rejoice! Don’t worry about the bill. The rich can pay for it. Take all their money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019, 05:33 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Which is a crime against families by enabling institutional warehousing of children.
People have no other choice.

Old 02-20-2019, 06:50 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
Nothing is ever free, maybe Democrat voters will learn that one day. I won't hold my breath though.
What do Democrats consider free? I don't think Dems believe that at all. That's why we don't shriek about taxes as much as Republicans do.

Old 02-20-2019, 07:28 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,137,942 times
I dont agree with further encouraging people to have more children. We should be getting away from that.
People should have it in their heads that they should not be having children until they can actually afford it. They shouldnt have a safety net for having kids they cant afford.

There should be free abortion clinics though.

Old 02-20-2019, 07:36 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
This will create a need for private daycares so rich kids don't have to associate with poor kids.
Sad but true.

Old 02-20-2019, 07:36 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
I dont agree with further encouraging people to have more children. We should be getting away from that.
Nobody is saying "wow, we expanded day care, I'm going to go out and have babies".

Old 02-20-2019, 07:37 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm glad you are not in charge. Many a C high school student have went on to do amazing things.

https://www.inc.com/ilya-pozin/why-m...uccessful.html
Agree. Grades tend to be a poor predictor of future success.

Old 02-20-2019, 07:51 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,936,246 times
Quote:
Nobody is saying "wow, we expanded day care, I'm going to go out and have babies".
Healthcare, childcare, tax credits and other incentives definitely make having children sound more feasible.

If I were a family, I’d try to hit $50k while working as little as possible. They could live more like a family making $70k which is comfy in many/most areas.

Old 02-20-2019, 08:44 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times
Quote:
People have no other choice.
Yes they do. The choice to look at the world as an adult and run your life correctly by not having children until you can afford to have them and raise them correctly and in person. And if you never have the money to do it right, never have kids at all and find some other way to spend your time on the planet. It's not mandatory to be broke and produce new life that you can't care for.

This is so not rocket science. In fact it is so basic and obvious that the fact that I even have to state it seems insane.

Old 02-20-2019, 08:58 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Proposing one fantasy after another.

They have also proposed Medicare for All but there is no viable way to pay for it, so they want people to trust them that they know what they are doing.
Trump told us he would provide MUCH better health care for all - cheaper.

Do you want the quote?
"“We’re going to have insurance for everybody,” Trump said in press conference Jan. 11. “We’re going to have a healthcare that is far less expensive and far better.”

Or, as he said in a September 2015 “60 Minutes” interview, “I am going to take care of everybody. Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.

Do you think he has followed through on that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies