Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2019, 03:24 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
What cracks me up about these so called "science supporters" on the left is that:

a) They only accept science when it suits them (biology they ignore)

b) They don't even practice what a bonafide scientist would do: Be open to all interpretations.

Science is never settled. Any moron who ever thinks that "the science is settled" knows absolutely nothing about science. And any moron who thinks that "these scientist are the only ones who are right, and all of them are wrong" without even considering those others' interpretations, also knows absolutely nothing about science.
Great, who did that in here! I found this street goes both ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2019, 03:37 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
You, for starters. You took a few paragraphs about her and have now convinced yourself that nothing she says is accurate.

Others on here had their say, even called for banning those who don't buy into this bs.

And let's not forget the multitude of other threads on the never ending topic of so called "man made climate change" where good facts have been given, reputable facts, and yet still the left resorts to insults when given those facts. And let's also not forget the thread where the OP actually stated: the science is settled.

That's who has done this on here.

Old 03-22-2019, 03:41 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,119,845 times
My sister works in the science field. Biology, and of course biology also studies the effects of the environment on organisms. So climate change comes into play. We both speak abiut it. She supports it, but I have yet to to see her driving a Lambo

Old 03-22-2019, 03:48 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,036,041 times
When Al Gore was born, there were 7,000 polar bears in the wild.

Today, only 30,000 remain.
Attached Thumbnails
The Big Global Warming Lie: The Polar Bear Catastrophe That Never Happened-al-gore-lying.jpg  

Old 03-22-2019, 03:49 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,119,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post

Ooh! Link?

Old 03-22-2019, 04:21 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You, for starters. You took a few paragraphs about her and have now convinced yourself that nothing she says is accurate.
Where did I say nothing she said is accurate. She is not a climate scientists, has had conflicts of interest, and other experts in her field disagree with her. How does the polar bear issue mean Global Warming is a Lie?

Quote:
Others on here had their say, even called for banning those who don't buy into this bs.

And let's not forget the multitude of other threads on the never ending topic of so called "man made climate change" where good facts have been given, reputable facts, and yet still the left resorts to insults when given those facts. And let's also not forget the thread where the OP actually stated: the science is settled.

That's who has done this on here.
What facts! You never ever present anything but hot air and accusations like the above. We present facts and you dismiss them or mangle them and link a blogger to back up your point. Who gives a terd about a blogger making political rants about actual science. Not me!

Old 03-22-2019, 04:24 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post

There are several reasons for the apparent discordance between past and projected population trends: estimates from the 1950s and 1960s were based on stories from explorers and hunters rather than on scientific surveys.[201][202][203][204] Second, controls of harvesting were introduced that allowed this previously overhunted species to recover.[201] Third, the recent effects of climate change have affected sea ice abundance in different areas to varying degrees.[201]

Old 03-22-2019, 04:32 PM

2,486 posts, read 825,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Climate change is real except to the lunatic right with their false science, religious fanaticism and ideologically polluted minds that keep them from accepting the truth and facts.

Forums should ban deniers and their idiocy as it is stifling discussion on how to deal with this crisis. All these people do is deal in false and misleading information.

I'll follow your lead "there is no crisis, it's a lie to advance a political agenda"

I don't think forums should ban anyone simply because they have different ideas and opinions than you or me.

To consider anyone that disagrees with you to be stifling the discussion is the lunacy. If everyone agreed on everything there would be no discussion at all. Is that the world you want to live in?

#NOBORG #FREETHOUGHT

Quote:
RUBBISH! The left deem themselves righteous on all counts, so any deviance from the same-minded tunnel vision is evil.

"Anyone that disagrees with me should be banned"

You'll only see someone on the left espousing that routinely.

Old 03-22-2019, 04:45 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
RUBBISH! The left deem themselves righteous on all counts, so any deviance from the same-minded tunnel vision is evil.
Are you on Mars? The right is full of sanctimonious Religious nuts who think they have the corner on morality. Your bias is RUBBISH!

Quote:
"Anyone that disagrees with me should be banned"

You'll only see someone on the left espousing that routinely.
Wrong!

Old 03-22-2019, 05:00 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:
Where did I say nothing she said is accurate. She is not a climate scientists, has had conflicts of interest, and other experts in her field disagree with her. How does the polar bear issue mean Global Warming is a Lie?

What facts! You never ever present anything but hot air and accusations like the above. We present facts and you dismiss them or mangle them and link a blogger to back up your point. Who gives a terd about a blogger making political rants about actual science. Not me!
You said, in the very post I was talking about:

Quote:
"Sorry, but she is not an expert on the issue of climate change and seemingly not even on polar bears."
You based that on a couple of paragraphs that you read.

Are you going to resort to: "But I didn't SAY she doesn't know"? Because I know what your comment meant. Anyone who reads that knows what your comment meant, so know that before you start pounding away on your keyboard in an attempt to back peddle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies