Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 01:50 AM

399 posts, read 221,041 times

Advertisements

My life got better under Trump. My salary increased by about $200/month because of the tax cut, some of which I spent on giving money to Democrats who went on to throw Republicans out of congress. I plan to spend more in 2020 to help unseat several Republican senators who voted for this tax cut.

Other than that, I lost some money on the extremely volatile stock market and paid off some student debt before Trump's Federal Reserve Board hiked up interest rates on my loans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2019, 03:32 AM

4,902 posts, read 2,056,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsix View Post
My life got better under Trump. My salary increased by about $200/month because of the tax cut, some of which I spent on giving money to Democrats who went on to throw Republicans out of congress. I plan to spend more in 2020 to help unseat several Republican senators who voted for this tax cut.

Other than that, I lost some money on the extremely volatile stock market and paid off some student debt before Trump's Federal Reserve Board hiked up interest rates on my loans.
You keep doing what you're doing and everything will be fine... In your little world. Fight the power and keep that hate going!!

For me, my 401K plans are steadily moving up in value. I also received two major pay raises since January 2017 and a really nice end of the year bonus from my place of employment in 2018. And more important, I'm now saving 33% of my gross income... Under Obama, I was only able to save 15%.

Sorry, I can't speak for everybody, but I'm doing pretty good under Trump and if the elections were held tomorrow, I would vote for him again.

Old 03-25-2019, 05:09 AM

30,366 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Did you retire before Trumps inauguration or after?
after...2 months ago....

Things have improved since we elected Republicans to run Congress in 2010 to put an end to the Obama agenda....yeah he was President for the last 6 years of his Presidency controlled by Republicans.

Trump has upped things by having tax cuts, wiping out ISIS, no new wars, working to correct trade unfairness with other countries, asking the Euros to pay at least of portion of what they should be paying for defense, working to get a better relationship with Noko....Trump is killin it every day!

Old 03-25-2019, 07:07 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Big difference between funding business and creating jobs from just giving money to useless people that aspire to nothing more than sitting in mama's basement playing video games.
If you take the liberty of calling other people useless, then why shouldn't others call you a useless moocher.

Get your hand out of my pocket!!

Old 03-25-2019, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAndrewJackson View Post
For the first time in decades I feel we still have a faint glimmer of hope for the nation I love so dearly. Trump's words protecting the unborn, his unflinching defense of this nation, brings a tear to my eye.

As a man of business, I have never seen such an awesome economy. It is stunning in its breadth. Trump's admin has rolled back regulations on business. One of my businesses is a small business consulting practice. Under Obama you would have had to be a damn fool to enter into a concept that required captive employees. Under Trump it is becoming viable again. I know retail franchisees that stopped expansion under "you didn't build that, Obama". Under Trump they are dusting off those old plans and opening up new shops.

Back last recession I bought up a bunch of heavy equipment on the cheap on pure spec and paid someone to preserve the hydrolics etc and put them in storage; I sold the last of it last fall. It is amazing out there.

Greatest President of my lifetime, Trump has eclipsed even my beloved Ronald Reagan. It is still early, but he may be remembered as one of the greatest Presidents in this nation's history if he gets the wall built and flips immigration to be merit based. . Funny thing too, I really knew nothing of him until he ran for office. I may have heard the name in passing but I had no idea who he was. He is far too liberal for my taste, but he has changed my opinion on moderates. If he wins re-election I hope he will take the kid gloves off and prove me wrong and go full bore conservative.

God bless this nation and Donald Trump.
Dude..........

Seriously?

Old 03-25-2019, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
On January 12, 2018 the Dow ended at 25803.19
Today it stands at 25502.32

That is a negative return for 14 months. Despite a huge capital gains tax cut.

Thanks for making the Democrats the lesser evil, Trump.

It took nationalism about a year to kill the bull market.
DOW was actually 26 600 in January 2018, so we are over 1000 points below where we were 14 months ago, which is why I find it hard to believe every Trump loyalists 401K is going through the roof.

I know enough Trump voters whose incomes have not doubled, their 401K is going nowhere, and the tax cut ended up being a tax hike. But when again, since I work with them, and live in the same area, why would their story be any different than my own?

Old 03-25-2019, 07:29 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAndrewJackson View Post
For the first time in decades I feel we still have a faint glimmer of hope for the nation I love so dearly. Trump's words protecting the unborn, his unflinching defense of this nation, brings a tear to my eye.

As a man of business, I have never seen such an awesome economy. It is stunning in its breadth. Trump's admin has rolled back regulations on business. One of my businesses is a small business consulting practice. Under Obama you would have had to be a damn fool to enter into a concept that required captive employees. Under Trump it is becoming viable again. I know retail franchisees that stopped expansion under "you didn't build that, Obama". Under Trump they are dusting off those old plans and opening up new shops.

Back last recession I bought up a bunch of heavy equipment on the cheap on pure spec and paid someone to preserve the hydrolics etc and put them in storage; I sold the last of it last fall. It is amazing out there.

Greatest President of my lifetime, Trump has eclipsed even my beloved Ronald Reagan. It is still early, but he may be remembered as one of the greatest Presidents in this nation's history if he gets the wall built and flips immigration to be merit based. . Funny thing too, I really knew nothing of him until he ran for office. I may have heard the name in passing but I had no idea who he was. He is far too liberal for my taste, but he has changed my opinion on moderates. If he wins re-election I hope he will take the kid gloves off and prove me wrong and go full bore conservative.

God bless this nation and Donald Trump.
Much respect to you- you have a very promising future as a writer for The Onion! Best satire post ive seen here in years!!!!👍

Old 03-25-2019, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Trump's base has gained many things. One for example, is a feeling of freedom to express their racial, ethnic and religious bigotry.

I see you are in Eugene- beautiful city. What examples of trumper bigotry could you possibly experience there? Eugene is a bastion of soy, white guilt, self-hating limousine liberals!!
Unless by racial, ethnic and religious bigotry you mean anyone who doesn't agree 100% with you that: Islam is the only religion that matters; Muslims and non whites do no wrong ever; and that white men are to blame for everything wrong in human history, including your aunt's gout. Then you may be on to something.

Old 03-25-2019, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
I'm trying to figure out who these Trump supporters are that doubled their incomes cause my relatives who voted for Trump too haven't doubled theirs!
Trust funds- they have them while your relatives actually worked for a living.

Old 03-25-2019, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
My hours aren't capped at 29 anymore (not that I really want to work more hours) under Obamacare. I'm seeing a lot more money in my pay checks because of this, and the tax cut With that extra money I've joined a gym and bought a bunch of new clothes.

The family business has been breaking monthly sales records and DH has been seeing more money from that (he's retired but still works for oldest daughter part time). He's got his eye on a new pickup truck.

Oldest daughter has hired more sales staff which cuts her some slack and makes her more pleasant to be around and less stressed. Her DH got a promotion, raise, and bonus, enabling them to buy a new van, do renovations to their house, and send grandson to private school. His side business is expanding, h's added more clients, and he's soon going to be hiring assistance there.
How exactly, did Trump cause all that good fortune for you all? What specific policies and how?
Is this a case of you and your loved ones living in squalor, then waking up one day living the good life??
You sure none of this would have happened anyway? You sure your loved ones succeed in spite of him and not because of him??
I'm pretty wary of posters that claim they were Not so well off, then come Nov 2016 They were fast tracked to the City Data Billionaires Club.
I find it just not very believable that one man in such a relatively short time turned all these paupers into royalty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies