Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 10:17 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd
I'm happy that the economy is still chugging along though historically we are due for another downturn.

My investments are doing well. The interest rates are low which is good for my business. The price of gas is low.

The Supreme Court has a lean to the Right which is great for America as we know and love it which also means that key elements of the Constitution will be safe for years to come despite what the Dems may try to alter it.

With Trump I have also found out just how horrible and nasty my Left leaning former friends and family can be. Who needs them?

With Trump we have also seen how spiteful and back stabbing our politicians can be. DC truly is a swamp. Trump has been brave enough to call out major problems in America such as trade deficits and the crisis at the border but for doing so he is called all sorts of names.

With Trump, as bad and as un presidential he can be I believe that he gave America a reprieve from the bumpy road that the Dems were taking us all down but my fear is that the Dems will soon have us back on the road and heading for the cliff especially now that the Lefty Extremists have taken the center stage.

With Trump I have hope for the future whereas with Hillary and now the current crop of Lefty hopefuls I see none.

Gee, Thanks I guess, if you were not being sarcastic but you can call it fiction if you like because it is my opinion gleaned from my personal experience and my beliefs.

Despite what the Left told us would happen if Trump was elected the earth is still spining and I am open minded enough to admit that if Hillary had won that the earth would still be spinning. The only difference of course would be that the media would be busy downplaying her questionable practices and policies while highlighting her accomplishments just as they did with presenting the Obama package.

My opinions are actually non fiction because as turbulent as the Trump administration has been I really do feel that America as a whole is better off that he won the election but the media to spite him is telling us otherwise.
I stand by my statement, ans have gotten several rep points for it already, so others obviously agree with it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2019, 10:33 AM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
But you didn't answer the question - materially how has your life changed?
I realise you are 'happy'. All Trump voters are apparently 'happy'. But how has your life actually changed?

I notice a few other staunch C-D Trump supporters haven't been along and answered the question either.
Curious since they spend 24/7 on C-D so they cannot have missed the thread.

My life hasn't materially changed at all.
I retired because I now have enough to live well the rest of my life.

Old 03-24-2019, 11:31 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I retired because I now have enough to live well the rest of my life.
When did you retire?

Old 03-24-2019, 11:42 AM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Hillary Clinton represented everything that every decent American should despise.

Old 03-24-2019, 11:55 AM

1,687 posts, read 1,282,695 times
As a white man, seeing a white man in the White House again has all of a sudden caused me to look like Ryan Reynolds, with a Scott Adkins body and, have a super-straight, long-lasting, 9-inch MegaBoner.

...is what one would expect me to say...but I am still flabby and my intimate performaces are only above average if I am very well rested...

However, I have legitimately propspered in the following ways:

*Taxes are lowered, yet my refund stayed largely the same.

*Hours are no longer capped 29 (good riddance Obama).

*Stock sales under 1 year are now again taxed based on the income they generate, as opposed to automatically being the highest bracket (39%, good riddance to Obama again). Now, however much you are taxed lines up with whatever the tax rate for that income is (e.g <75,000 =15%, 75,000-250,000=26%, >250,000=39% or some similar metric)

*The Obamacare penalty, while still present, appears to be significantly reduced.

Old 03-24-2019, 12:01 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
How many of these good things are due to a sitting President?

I’m sorry but I work hard and I’m not going to give any President credit for my success.

Also.. who the hell makes $300 more a paycheck due to tax cuts and actually spends time to post on CD?

Old 03-24-2019, 01:07 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
This 100%

If you aren’t white, straight, and the right kind of Christian (born again) you are the absolute scum of the earth in Trump’s America.
Oh...give it a rest already. Just move out of your red state and move to a blue state.

If you believe that of all Trump supporters, then you have proven yourself to be narrow-minded and a bigot.

Old 03-24-2019, 01:19 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,727,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
"So obviously fictional".

Just spoke with DD...she and her FIL are spending their Sunday morning painting her newly expanded and renovated laundry room, one of many improvements planned for her 19th century farm house. She doesn't have to hop in her new van to drive to her business today, because her expanded sales staff have everything covered. Her DH is sleeping late because he was out late last night servicing a client's computers (his side business). That's why he isn't helping with the painting. Five-year-old grandson is working on a computer math tutorial...he's completed the Kindergarten math curriculum at his private school and his math instructors have transferred him into first grade math (which wouldn't have happened in his local public school). He just joined his school's chess club (that wouldn't have happened in his local public school either...their elementary school doesn't HAVE a chess club).

DH is out scouting the car lots for his new pickup. I spent two hours at the gym, thanks to my new 12 month membership. I'll be working a sports banquet on Wednesday night (I'm a school cafeteria cook), which will far exceed the former 29-hour cap. .

What's so hard to believe? Do you want me to post photos of my daughter's new van and my new jeans? Grandson's report card?

All this happened under President Trump's administration. May be a correlation, may be not. All I know is, we didn't have all this under Obama.
How could this possibly have anything to do with who is president?

My zucchini plants are the biggest they've ever been in March. And my dog has stopped trying to chase bicycles. Thanks, Trump!

Old 03-24-2019, 01:20 PM

673 posts, read 466,070 times
My life is better due to the fact the America hating leftists are twisting in the wind. The enemy within.......the left

Old 03-24-2019, 01:22 PM

2,486 posts, read 824,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
2018 gave me a massive tax hike and stock market ended in the red. Thanks Trump.

What were you investing in to be in the red?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies