Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 08:38 AM

24,498 posts, read 17,239,538 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd
I'm happy that the economy is still chugging along though historically we are due for another downturn.

My investments are doing well. The interest rates are low which is good for my business. The price of gas is low.

The Supreme Court has a lean to the Right which is great for America as we know and love it which also means that key elements of the Constitution will be safe for years to come despite what the Dems may try to alter it.

With Trump I have also found out just how horrible and nasty my Left leaning former friends and family can be. Who needs them?

With Trump we have also seen how spiteful and back stabbing our politicians can be. DC truly is a swamp. Trump has been brave enough to call out major problems in America such as trade deficits and the crisis at the border but for doing so he is called all sorts of names.

With Trump, as bad and as un presidential he can be I believe that he gave America a reprieve from the bumpy road that the Dems were taking us all down but my fear is that the Dems will soon have us back on the road and heading for the cliff especially now that the Lefty Extremists have taken the center stage.

With Trump I have hope for the future whereas with Hillary and now the current crop of Lefty hopefuls I see none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I nominate this work of fiction for a Pulitzer^

Gee, Thanks I guess, if you were not being sarcastic but you can call it fiction if you like because it is my opinion gleaned from my personal experience and my beliefs.

Despite what the Left told us would happen if Trump was elected the earth is still spining and I am open minded enough to admit that if Hillary had won that the earth would still be spinning. The only difference of course would be that the media would be busy downplaying her questionable practices and policies while highlighting her accomplishments just as they did with presenting the Obama package.

My opinions are actually non fiction because as turbulent as the Trump administration has been I really do feel that America as a whole is better off that he won the election but the media to spite him is telling us otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2019, 08:47 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times
I think my life has felt about the same before he became POTUS, except I am no longer regularly employed. However, that has more to do with the economy and me having the job skills/experience.

Old 03-24-2019, 08:52 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I have a job. You?
I think we all know that most of the cons on here are jobless & depending on those handouts they so loathe. It's called projection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
All they really got was "sticking it to the libs" and it becoming socially acceptable to hate muslims and ramped up hatred of illegals
Truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What did Trump do to double your income
Nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
I'm trying to figure out who these Trump supporters are that doubled their incomes cause my relatives who voted for Trump too haven't doubled theirs!
It's called made up stories.

I laugh at all the posts on here, all fictional stories. So obvious.

Old 03-24-2019, 08:56 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,167,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
The best thing about the past two years is NOT that Trump is President, it's that Hillary ISN'T.

All the other good things that have happened are just icing on the cake

That's not exactly a ringing endorsement is it?

The best thing you can find to say about Trump is, he's not someone else? High praise indeed, how proud you must be.

Old 03-24-2019, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I think we all know that most of the cons on here are jobless & depending on those handouts they so loathe. It's called projection.

Truth.
Nothing.

I know. That's exactly what I've been thinking. Half of them spend 24/7 on C-D and we can assume they're not being paid for that.
Doubled their income? What were they doing before? Nothing? LOL.

Old 03-24-2019, 09:00 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
That's not exactly a ringing endorsement is it?

The best thing you can find to say about Trump is, he's not someone else? High praise indeed, how proud you must be.
Lol, right? They have absolutely no standards, probably because they have no standards for themselves. Zero self pride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
I know. That's exactly what I've been thinking. Half of them spend 24/7 on C-D and we can assume they're not being paid for that.
Doubled their income? What were they doing before? Nothing? LOL.
Precisely.

Old 03-24-2019, 09:20 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
2018 gave me a massive tax hike and stock market ended in the red. Thanks Trump.
Really? What tax bracket are you in that you received a massive tax hike?

Old 03-24-2019, 09:20 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Lol, right? They have absolutely no standards, probably because they have no standards for themselves. Zero self pride.
Precisely.
I'm not a Trump supporter, but I was definitely happy that Hillary Clinton lost. Not because I thought Trump was really going to change anything. But because Hillary Clinton represented everything that every decent American should despise.

Every sane man realized Trump would never be allowed to drain the swamp, or to even change our immigration policy(and that assumes he even wanted to in the first place). But his victory was the only way to show just how angry people were with how the country is being run.

I wish conservatives could have continued to channel that anger instead of being forced to play stupid politics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxDRqeuLNag

Old 03-24-2019, 09:26 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
Quote:

Truth.
Nothing.

"So obviously fictional".

Just spoke with DD...she and her FIL are spending their Sunday morning painting her newly expanded and renovated laundry room, one of many improvements planned for her 19th century farm house. She doesn't have to hop in her new van to drive to her business today, because her expanded sales staff have everything covered. Her DH is sleeping late because he was out late last night servicing a client's computers (his side business). That's why he isn't helping with the painting. Five-year-old grandson is working on a computer math tutorial...he's completed the Kindergarten math curriculum at his private school and his math instructors have transferred him into first grade math (which wouldn't have happened in his local public school). He just joined his school's chess club (that wouldn't have happened in his local public school either...their elementary school doesn't HAVE a chess club).

DH is out scouting the car lots for his new pickup. I spent two hours at the gym, thanks to my new 12 month membership. I'll be working a sports banquet on Wednesday night (I'm a school cafeteria cook), which will far exceed the former 29-hour cap. .

What's so hard to believe? Do you want me to post photos of my daughter's new van and my new jeans? Grandson's report card?

All this happened under President Trump's administration. May be a correlation, may be not. All I know is, we didn't have all this under Obama.

Old 03-24-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I'm not a Trump supporter, but I was definitely happy that Hillary Clinton lost. Not because I thought Trump was really going to change anything. But because Hillary Clinton represented everything that every decent American should despise.
Are you actually saying this with a straight face?
"Hillary Clinton represented everything that every decent American should despise". But Trump was the epitome of goodness and decency I suppose?
Jesus. It's a sorry state of affairs when this is the best America has got.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies