Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 09:29 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
"So obviously fictional".

Just spoke with DD...she and her FIL are spending their Sunday morning painting her newly expanded and renovated laundry room, one of many improvements planned for her 19th century farm house. She doesn't have to hop in her new van to drive to her business today, because her expanded sales staff have everything covered. Her DH is sleeping late because he was out late last night servicing a client's computers (his side business). That's why he isn't helping with the painting. Five-year-old grandson is working on a computer math tutorial...he's completed the Kindergarten math curriculum at his private school and his math instructors have transferred him into first grade math (which wouldn't have happened in his local public school). He just joined his school's chess club (that wouldn't have happened in his local public school either...their elementary school doesn't HAVE a chess club).

DH is out scouting the car lots for his new pickup. I spent two hours at the gym, thanks to my new 12 month membership. I'll be working a sports banquet on Wednesday night (I'm a school cafeteria cook), which will far exceed the former 29-hour cap. .

What's so hard to believe? Do you want me to post photos of my daughter's new van and my new jeans? Grandson's report card?

All this happened under President Trump's administration. May be a correlation, may be not. All I know is, we didn't have all this under Obama.
Lol, a new car, new jeans & a report card? Wow, I'm sold, totally. Big deals, for sure. And none of which has to do with trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2019, 09:37 AM

25,690 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMES67 View Post
Trump Base: How has your life changed since election?
I have temporarily been freed from the involuntary servitude/slavery that was being implemented under the previous administration. Or at least some of it. Hopefully the trend will continue for another four years before the authoritarian collectivists claw their way back into power.

Old 03-24-2019, 09:39 AM

50,244 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
When was the last time you experienced a ban -- not FELT like you were scared of a ban (because feelings are not facts).
1994 - 2004 federal

current CA

You can look all this up

Old 03-24-2019, 09:42 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
"Hillary Clinton represented everything that every decent American should despise". But Trump was the epitome of goodness and decency I suppose?
You are putting words in my mouth.

Hillary Clinton is far more dangerous than Trump. The 2016 election was a revolt against the establishment. Hillary Clinton embodies that establishment.

Hillary Clinton was no reformer. What would she have done as president? How would she have made things better?

The only benefit to Hillary winning is that conservatives would still be angry, instead of constantly playing damage-control and cheerleader for Trump.

Old 03-24-2019, 09:43 AM

10,525 posts, read 6,157,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Lol, a new car, new jeans & a report card? Wow, I'm sold, totally. Big deals, for sure. And none of which has to do with trump.

Come on now, don't you know?

Before Trump they all lived in cardboard boxes in a hole the middle of the road and lived on stale bread.
They had to get up in the morning half an hour before they went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down the mill, and pay the mill owner for permission to come to work, and when they got home, their mothers and fathers would murder them and dance about on their graves singing the 'hallelujah' chorus.
But you try telling that to the young kids of today, and they won't believe ya.

Old 03-24-2019, 09:46 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,346,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Did you read my previous post? I'll condense.

I no longer have a 29 hour cap on my workweek (as I did under Obamacare). With the tax cuts and extra cash I'm seeing in my checks, I joined a gym and bought a ton of new clothes (not just jeans). The family business (run by oldest daughter) has seen record breaking sales for 2017 and 2018. She's hired more sales staff. DH (her father, now retired) does her bookkeeping and it being a family business, we have also seen financial upswing. He's this minute shopping for a new pickup (could have found it already, for all I know).

DD's husband (son-in-law) has a full time job AND a business on the side. This past year he received a promotion, raise, and a large bonus (which enabled them to buy a new van and do the home renovations they'd previously put off). His side business has expanded and added more clients. Their son is enrolled in a private school for gifted students.

All this happened under TRUMP's administration, not Barry's. I don't give a rat's arse if you believe it or not (return eye roll).

Last edited by Mrs. Skeffington; 03-24-2019 at 09:57 AM..

Old 03-24-2019, 09:51 AM

5,896 posts, read 3,895,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Tax cuts have been great, 401k superb under Trump, but far more vital than personal gains is the knowledge we now have SC associates Gorsuch and Kavanaugh for the next 25 years, and ICE is again free to do its job. Its wonderful to see the US once again critically analyze trade deals as opposed to reflexively nod and smile at any trade deal, no matter how awful it may be for our nation. Finally, its nice to see LEOs appreciated again, and respected for the wonderful service they provide each day.
Sounds great. But did you really need Trump for any of this? Seems like any of the other Republican candidates would have basically done the same thing, with the only (possible) exception on trade.

Old 03-24-2019, 09:55 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Come on now, don't you know?

Before Trump they all lived in cardboard boxes in a hole the middle of the road and lived on stale bread.
They had to get up in the morning half an hour before they went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down the mill, and pay the mill owner for permission to come to work, and when they got home, their mothers and fathers would murder them and dance about on their graves singing the 'hallelujah' chorus.
But you try telling that to the young kids of today, and they won't believe ya.

Lol, I mean whose fault is it really if their lives were so miserable back then? I got a new job & a promotion with that job during Obama's presidency but you didn't see me coming onto here salivating & claiming my savior Obama is who gave me that new job & promotion. How disingenuous. Also, my deferred comp did better then, in the past 2 years it's been pretty stagnant.

Old 03-24-2019, 10:09 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times
Sounds like some people need better accountants! As for me??? Taxes went down, so I'used the money on my house which those turds at County reassessed and jacked up my property taxes..... I got a couple 4 and 6% bump in wages over the last 2 years and a nice bonus this year......Starting to plan a retirement move out west in a few years.....Mostly I FEEL better. I don't have angst about retirement any more. Just seem to be all around better..... I am a bit worried about this nut bar Governor that got elected this go around....He's gonna F it up for the whole state.....

Old 03-24-2019, 10:12 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
I got a tax cut. We all got a better economy and some hope that the USA isnt getting closer to a serious decline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies