Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2019, 04:33 PM

37,118 posts, read 41,292,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Well in this particular outbreak the illness is measles, not smallpox and the parents are not begging for the vaccine.
They do not have to take the vaccine, but if they do not they need to stay home.

Old 03-28-2019, 04:36 PM

10,237 posts, read 6,326,286 times
[quote=MissTerri;54802293]Well in this particular outbreak the illness is measles, not smallpox and the parents are not begging for the vaccine.[/QU

It angers me when these people put Small Pox and Polio in the same category as Measles, and Chicken Pox. This is why we have people taking steroids and compromising their immune system to have "clear skin" so the rest of the Nervous Nellies won't catch a contagious diseases with marks all over them. "Look at ME". I don't have a contagious disease, but take these pills so others won't shun you. Same mindset as everything else.

Old 03-28-2019, 04:39 PM

10,237 posts, read 6,326,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
They do not have to take the vaccine, but if they do not they need to stay home.
So homeschooling is no longer enough for you? Stay out of society?

Old 03-28-2019, 04:40 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
The law is unenforceable.

Old 03-28-2019, 04:47 PM

3,859 posts, read 2,230,113 times
Quote:
The law is unenforceable.
Yeah, how are they verifying if children in public places have been vaccinated? Do they want people to carry around their child's immunization record?

This is a bull**** ban - an overreach of power. They're trying to pass draconian laws to threaten people.

Old 03-28-2019, 04:55 PM

25,775 posts, read 18,834,175 times
[quote=Jo48;54802458]
Quote:
Well in this particular outbreak the illness is measles, not smallpox and the parents are not begging for the vaccine.[/QU

It angers me when these people put Small Pox and Polio in the same category as Measles, and Chicken Pox. This is why we have people taking steroids and compromising their immune system to have "clear skin" so the rest of the Nervous Nellies won't catch a contagious diseases with marks all over them. "Look at ME". I don't have a contagious disease, but take these pills so others won't shun you. Same mindset as everything else.
A disease is a disease. Measles and chicken pox can kill too. Any disease can kill. They are just not as statistically dangerous as some other diseases.

But that is beside the point. You have no right to spread ANY disease to ANYONE else because of incompetence. If you are sick, stay home. If your kids are sick, keep them home. You have no more right to expose me or anyone else to the bacteria or viruses you have voluntarily incubated than you have the right to gun me down. If you don't have enough sense to immunize your children, keep them home when they contract a disease.

Going even farther: if you willingly and knowingly spread a disease by carelessly (or purposely) exposing others to it, you should be held liable in a court of law for any damages, time lost, lost wages, medical complications, or deaths that resulted from your inconsideration and/or carelessness.

Old 03-28-2019, 04:59 PM

37,118 posts, read 41,292,919 times
Quote:

I did not specifically note it before, but the ban in public places includes everyone under age 18 who is not vaccinated. That includes babies under a year old. So, yes, keep all infants under a year out of public gatherings.

Limiting the ban to 18 and under covers about 85% of potentially susceptible people. If you are over 18 and have never been vaccinated or had measles, stay home or take the vaccine. You should not have to be told to do that if you are an adult.
Correction. The ban is age 1 to age 18.

Old 03-28-2019, 04:59 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post

A disease is a disease. Measles and chicken pox can kill too. Any disease can kill. They are just not as statistically dangerous as some other diseases.

But that is beside the point. You have no right to spread ANY disease to ANYONE else because of incompetence. If you are sick, stay home. If your kids are sick, keep them home. You have no more right to expose me or anyone else to the bacteria or viruses you have voluntarily incubated than you have the right to gun me down. If you don't have enough sense to immunize your children, keep them home when they contract a disease.

Going even farther: if you willingly and knowingly spread a disease by carelessly (or purposely) exposing others to it, you should be held liable in a court of law for any damages, time lost, lost wages, medical complications, or deaths that resulted from your inconsideration and/or carelessness.

This quarantine is not for sick people. Perfectly healthy children are being quarantined. That is, if they are following this unenforceable law.

Old 03-28-2019, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
This is a bull**** ban - an overreach of power. They're trying to pass draconian laws to threaten people.
As opposed to you threatening me with a disease?

I'm about as libertarian as it gets. You can confirm that by reading my posts on other topics. BUT, you have no right to endanger me because you are unwilling to take common-sense measures to prevent diseases. When you live in a society, you have a responsibility to AT LEAST not endanger fellow citizens (especially via incompetence). Biological warfare is illegal in ANY political or social system. Even for those of us who believe in liberty... because liberty does not include sickening or killing your neighbors.

Old 03-28-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:
This quarantine is not for sick people. Perfectly healthy children are being quarantined. That is, if they are following this unenforceable law.
I'm not really big into laws. But I do expect John and Jane Q. Public to have enough mental horsepower to do these sorts things on their own (keeping sick kids home and having them vaccinated against deadly diseases). So no, I'm not arguing for a law, I'm arguing for people to have some common sense. And if they don't have sufficient common sense, they may want to forgo having children in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies