Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2019, 01:33 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
. That was already the law (banning unvaccinated kids form school during an outbreak). I’m fine with that. This new law takes it a step further and bans them not only from schools but from public places. Malls, parks, churches, buses, etc. I think this part is overkill.

many places of work will not allow you to come in when you are sick (ie pink eye, strep, flu.....).... why so you don't get the whole place sick

would you really want to take your pink eye kid to the mall????

then why would you risk taking your unvaccinated kid to the mall???

Old 03-27-2019, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You can write a law banning anyone. You just can't enforce it.
but it can be enforced, by caring, law abiding parents...these parents KNOW if their kid was not vaccinated

Old 03-27-2019, 01:35 PM

10,529 posts, read 6,163,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Why force another person’s kid to get vaccinated because your kid is immunocompromised? I don’t support sending sick kids to school, vaccinated or not. Sending an “unvaccinated” kid to school does not necessarily or automatically put other kids at risk. Some of the required vaccines are not even for contagious diseases (e.g. tetanus). Other diseases, like Rubella, don’t harm children. So why require them to have all these vaccines just to go to school? It sounds like more dogma than science.
You don't support sending immunocompromised kids to school?
So a kid being treated for leukemia should not got to school for three years?
What about kids with peanut allergies?
Do you care about them? Should they stay at home throughout childhood because of your kids right to eat peanuts?
It's about caring about the safety and wellbeing of other people, not just about those who live within your four walls.

Old 03-27-2019, 01:39 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
many places of work will not allow you to come in when you are sick (ie pink eye, strep, flu.....).... why so you don't get the whole place sick

would you really want to take your pink eye kid to the mall????

then why would you risk taking your unvaccinated kid to the mall???
Many places of work will fire people if they take too many sick days, hence the reason why many adults do go to work sick and spread illness.

I just said that I try to avoid taking my kids out when they are sick so no, I don’t want to take my kid to the mall or anywhere else with pink eye or with the flu or with norovirus or strep or whatever else.

I hate the mall so no, I wouldn’t take my kid there but I would take my kid to the grocery store to buy groceries in the event of a measles outbreak even if they didn’t have the measles vaccine as long as they weren’t sick.

Also worth mentioning that there have been a little over 150 cases in this county since the fall. That’s not current active cases. Most of those people have long since recovered. No one knows how many active cases there are. Could by just a few for all we know.

Old 03-27-2019, 01:44 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
You don't support sending immunocompromised kids to school?
So a kid being treated for leukemia should not got to school for three years?
What about kids with peanut allergies?
Do you care about them? Should they stay at home throughout childhood because of your kids right to eat peanuts?
It's about caring about the safety and wellbeing of other people, not just about those who live within your four walls.
Speaking of the peanut allergy, which was never a problem when I was a kid BTW, why does someone have to curb their food/diet due to someone with an allergy? The mere presence of a peanut isn't going to affect anyone. If they can't control themselves and they eat it that's their own fault. All these food allergies are the fault of helicopter parents over sanitizing their kids so it should be THEY who have to be careful, not everyone else around them.

Old 03-27-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Many places of work will fire people if they take too many sick days, hence the reason why many adults do go to work sick and spread illness.

I just said that I try to avoid taking my kids out when they are sick so no, I don’t want to take my kid to the mall or anywhere else with pink eye or with the flu or with norovirus or strep or whatever else.

I hate the mall so no, I wouldn’t take my kid there but I would take my kid to the grocery store to buy groceries in the event of a measles outbreak even if they didn’t have the measles vaccine as long as they weren’t sick.

Also worth mentioning that there have been a little over 150 cases in this county since the fall. That’s not current active cases. Most of those people have long since recovered. No one knows how many active cases there are. Could by just a few for all we know.
last year 80,000 died from the flu (very strong season)

20,000 so far have died this year (of 20 million who have caught the flu).... 80% of the deaths were not vaccinated with the flu vaccine

The CDC said the flu typically kills 12,000 to 56,000 people in the U.S. in a year.

Old 03-27-2019, 01:55 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
Quote:

20,000 so far have died this year (of 20 million who have caught the flu).... 80% of the deaths were not vaccinated with the flu vaccine

The CDC said the flu typically kills 12,000 to 56,000 people in the U.S. in a year.

Flu vaccine isn’t required for schools and it’s a vaccine that still has a very low uptake. Not sure what your point is. Nor do I understand how it relates to this measles outbreak in NY and the law that will ban unvaccinated children from public.

Last edited by MissTerri; 03-27-2019 at 02:42 PM..

Old 03-27-2019, 01:59 PM

10,231 posts, read 6,315,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Exactly. I support modern western medicine but it’s not infallible. You can’t help but to question a profession that supports drinking floride and occasionally chops off the wrong limb.
Not a joke but after hubs hip replacement there was an X in magic marker on his hip. "So we know which one to operate on". Which is left and which is right?????

Old 03-27-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Flu vaccine isn’t required for schools and it’s a vaccine that still has a very low uptake. Not sure what your point is.
it is required for the military....

point is vaccinations do work

80% of the flu deaths this year are of un-vaccinated adults and children

Old 03-27-2019, 02:02 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,454,665 times
Quote:

How effective is the flu vaccine?

Here is the effectiveness of the flu vaccine by year. I'd still be cautious, even if vaccinated. I dislike it when people get their flu vaccine and think they've been blessed by the anti-flu force. You still have over a 50% chance of spreading it.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/professional...ss-studies.htm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies