Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2019, 05:34 AM

45,237 posts, read 26,464,208 times

Advertisements

Checkpoint charlie, coming soon to a playground near you

Old 03-28-2019, 05:34 AM

10,237 posts, read 6,326,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I am aware that this emergency regulation is for all of Rockland County and I am aware that schools are the only place where one can enforce it.

You are confusing two completely separate issues (The 2nd Amendment and NY State gun laws have nothing to do with vaccinations). Also FYI college/university students (of all ages) in NY State also have to prove they have had MMR vaccine. I was obligated to get one at age 30 when I returned to school to get a higher degree in NY as I had no access to my childhood vaccines information. (BTW I had mumps as a child and I am pretty sure I had been vaccinated previously for measles/german measles but I didn't have the documentation to prove it.)
Nope. I went back to college (SUNY Stony Brook) in the early 90's when I was in my 40's. My daughter attended college, and some classes, with me. She had to show her vaccination record, but I did not. My age was enough proof of my immunity to all these diseases. My generation had all of them which gives lifetime immunity.

Go do a Google search on measles born before 1957. Actually, my daughter did not need a chicken pox vaccination for college. She had it before the vaccine came out. Born before 1980 considered immune to chicken pox.

I still say that the vaccinated fear the unvaccinated because they do not trust their vaccinations will work unless everyone has them. Do you also fear your unvaccinated parents or grandparents? We do trust our natural immunity. This has been proven over many generations.

Old 03-28-2019, 05:38 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,730,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
BUT pregnant women are supposed to get a flu and Tdap vax for their unborn. How to enforce that? You cannot vaccinate the unborn without vaccinating the adult woman.
Okay? That has nothing to do with the measles outbreak or the law in the OP or with children going to school. There's no law about pregnant women getting vaccines, so there's nothing to enforce.

Old 03-28-2019, 05:38 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/26/healt...-bn/index.html

I think this is a good step and hopefully push more parents to get their children vaccinated. What are your thoughts on this?
from the article "He admitted that police officers will not be walking around asking parents for proof of vaccination for their children. He also said this is just to draw attention to make people understand the seriousness of the situation."

So why make the law in the first place? lol Mindless nanny staters. Do public service announcements instead.

Old 03-28-2019, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
So I wonder how many illegals crossing the Border have had all their vaccinations ?`
The vaccine rates in Central America are higher than in some parts of the USA.

Old 03-28-2019, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Nope. I went back to college (SUNY Stony Brook) in the early 90's when I was in my 40's. My daughter attended college, and some classes, with me. She had to show her vaccination record, but I did not. My age was enough proof of my immunity to all these diseases. My generation had all of them which gives lifetime immunity.

Go do a Google search on measles born before 1957. Actually, my daughter did not need a chicken pox vaccination for college. She had it before the vaccine came out. Born before 1980 considered immune to chicken pox.

I still say that the vaccinated fear the unvaccinated because they do not trust their vaccinations will work unless everyone has them. Do you also fear your unvaccinated parents or grandparents? We do trust our natural immunity. This has been proven over many generations.
Right, there are years where people are assumed immune to measles and chicken pox. But it's not like that for current college students (who are typical college student age). They don't have natural immunity from measles because they have no opportunity to catch it and suffer with the various side effects and dangers. Instead, they get a vaccine, which tricks their body into thinking they had it in order to create immunity.

So no, obviously nobody thinks that their grandparents or, depending on their age, their parents are harboring measles. I'm not sure why you would even think that. If you have had natural chickenpox, you don't need the vaccine to go to school/college; you can simply have your titer levels checked and that satisfies the requirement if they are high enough. The same would go for measles except that the MMR is for three different diseases, so even if your unvaccinated child was "lucky" enough to have had the measles, they'd still need the MMR to satisfy the mumps and rubella vaccine requirements, if that is what the requirement is. It used to be possible to get those separately; I do not know if that is still the case.

To keep saying the bolded statement is simply pretending to be ignorant or a true lack of reading comprehension at this point. It has been explained over and over and over again that the issue is NOT that vaccinated people are afraid their vaccines don't work and that it's a matter of protecting the most vulnerable members of the community, such as children with leukemia/cancer/immune system disorders who are either medically unable to receive the vaccines or whose medical conditions have made the vaccine no longer effective in their own bodies.

Old 03-28-2019, 06:04 AM

33,558 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
How many people die from measles vaccinations?
This is a study done years ago.

Vaccinated versus unvaccinated children: how they fare in first five years of life.
Twenty five children who had undergone their full course of childhood immunization schedule were compared with 25 children who did not have any vaccinations for a period of five years. Parameters for comparison were measles, pertussis, poliomyelitis, tetanus and tuberculosis.
Out of the 25 vaccinated children, only one child had mild measles at 2 1/2 years while 4 had suspected whooping cough at different points of the study period but not clinically diagnosed as pertussis.

Among the unvaccinated group, 2 died of measles before the age of 3 years while 11 others went down with measles during an outbreak in 1986. An unvaccinated child also died of tetanus within the study period.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2260220

Old 03-28-2019, 06:07 AM

33,558 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
So..... is that more or less than 0.013% of people who got vaccinated in a given year?
That is an anti-vaxx site she's posted.

Old 03-28-2019, 06:27 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
This is a study done years ago.

Vaccinated versus unvaccinated children: how they fare in first five years of life.
Twenty five children who had undergone their full course of childhood immunization schedule were compared with 25 children who did not have any vaccinations for a period of five years. Parameters for comparison were measles, pertussis, poliomyelitis, tetanus and tuberculosis.
Out of the 25 vaccinated children, only one child had mild measles at 2 1/2 years while 4 had suspected whooping cough at different points of the study period but not clinically diagnosed as pertussis.

Among the unvaccinated group, 2 died of measles before the age of 3 years while 11 others went down with measles during an outbreak in 1986. An unvaccinated child also died of tetanus within the study period.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2260220
This took place in Nigeria by the way. There are a lot of differences between Nigeria and the US that go well beyond vaccinations in regards to health. Just an FYI.

Old 03-28-2019, 06:32 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,191,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
That is an anti-vaxx site she's posted.
Oh, the horror......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies