Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 10:09 PM

31,088 posts, read 22,107,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
We are talking about the genocide of the White South African and the blatant racism against the minorities in south Africa. And YOU have the audacity to justify what is going on by bringing Reagan into this? You guys make it so hard to vote democrat in elections. You probably have never lived outside of the country and think you are "cultured".
It's just pay back for what their relatives did. No surprise when you keep one group of people down for years. Best thing any White person could do would be to get out of there before their heads end up hanging on a post. Tribe mentality rules in instances like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2019, 10:49 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,364,797 times
Quote:
We are talking about the genocide of the White South African and the blatant racism against the minorities in south Africa. And YOU have the audacity to justify what is going on by bringing Reagan into this? You guys make it so hard to vote democrat in elections. You probably have never lived outside of the country and think you are "cultured".
Facts are not your strong point.

The idea of a "white genocide" in South Africa is a frequent talking point among white nationalists worldwide. There are no reliable figures that suggest that white farmers are being targeted in particular or that they are at a disproportionate risk of being killed. Fact-checkers have widely identified the notion of a "white genocide" in South Africa as a falsehood or myth. The Government of South Africa, other analysts, and the right-wing Afrikaner rights group AfriForum maintain that farm attacks are part of a broader crime problem in South Africa and do not have a racial motivation.

https://africacheck.org/spot-check/c...a-unsupported/

While South Africa does have high violent crime rates, whites are far less likely to be murdered than their black or coloured (mixed race) fellow citizens.

https://africacheck.org/reports/are-...ed-like-flies/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.11188ed44707

Anyway, my point is to illustrate the double standards expressed by the Trump administration and by folks like you.

White people (9% of the population) STILL own around 70% of the farmland in South Africa.

Last edited by silverkris; 04-03-2019 at 11:07 PM..

Old 04-04-2019, 05:54 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,121,570 times
Are these the same people who "investigated" the Obama birth certificate?

Old 04-04-2019, 06:06 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Gosh you're mighty ignorant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AKAR4qeMTE
There are poor White South Africans. I've known about that. There are also alot of poor Black South Africans, and Black South Africans, despite a rise in Whites being poor, are still far more likely to be poor.

Old 04-04-2019, 07:36 AM

2,828 posts, read 826,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Here is the way I see it. I do not want land expropriation to take place. I think it's wrong. However, I notice something. When Blacks were the ones in apartheid-era South Africa being abused, Reagan did not care. Reagan didn't want to impose sanctions on South Africa, but the House overrode Reagan.

Trump will go over there though. That is what bugs me about this. White South Africans do not bug me. It is not them I am mad at. What bothers me is why the U.S. government was so lacksadaisical when Blacks were oppressed in South Africa, but will go over there when Whites are oppressed? And given the editorial Trump wrote about those Black males who were falsely accused of rape back in the 1980s, I wonder how he would felt about Black South Africans back then.
I lived through that era, but if i recall the "1986 Comprehensive Anti-Apartheid Act was passed, which was the most effective policy to help facilitate the end of South African apartheid"

Old 04-04-2019, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Didn't you know it's pay back time against whitey.

Old 04-04-2019, 07:43 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Why is it any of our business?
Don’t need to see another Zimbabwe born.

Rhodesia fed Africa, Zimbabwe starves.

Old 04-04-2019, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Facts are not your strong point.

The idea of a "white genocide" in South Africa is a frequent talking point among white nationalists worldwide. There are no reliable figures that suggest that white farmers are being targeted in particular or that they are at a disproportionate risk of being killed. Fact-checkers have widely identified the notion of a "white genocide" in South Africa as a falsehood or myth. The Government of South Africa, other analysts, and the right-wing Afrikaner rights group AfriForum maintain that farm attacks are part of a broader crime problem in South Africa and do not have a racial motivation.

https://africacheck.org/spot-check/c...a-unsupported/

While South Africa does have high violent crime rates, whites are far less likely to be murdered than their black or coloured (mixed race) fellow citizens.

https://africacheck.org/reports/are-...ed-like-flies/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.11188ed44707

Anyway, my point is to illustrate the double standards expressed by the Trump administration and by folks like you.

White people (9% of the population) STILL own around 70% of the farmland in South Africa.
Is it any wonder, whites are the ones who brought agriculture to South Africa. The blacks were still tribal(hunter-gatherers) and had no idea how to farm, hell the wheel hadn't even been invented yet.

Old 04-04-2019, 08:02 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
I lived through that era, but if i recall the "1986 Comprehensive Anti-Apartheid Act was passed, which was the most effective policy to help facilitate the end of South African apartheid"
Reagan didn't want to pass it though. That is for sure.

Old 04-04-2019, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Reagan didn't want to pass it though. That is for sure.
I don't recall whether he was for or against.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies