Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 12:41 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,817,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
In general, we have a huge number of Obese people today, that we didn't have at that time.

Being obese is no reason to think that anyone looks bad or dresses bad. I know a lot of good looking obese people....

Old 04-26-2019, 12:45 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,820,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Toxic judgemental post - is it look down on people day ?
The lack of judgement is the #1 reason things are the way they are today.

Old 04-26-2019, 12:47 PM

41,951 posts, read 75,160,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Americans in general look absolutely gross compared to back then. Not saying I am the best looking person but collectively it's strange how far America has fallen since back then.
Then perhaps you shouldn't be saying anything at all.

Are you one of those guys who walked uphill both ways to school and liked it?

Old 04-26-2019, 01:05 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,820,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
You could look up pictures of young adults up till about 1990 or so and see the difference. People of today are not of the same quality, they are fatter, more lazy and sloppy. They also speak in a less educated way. I am afraid this all suggests that Idocracy is more than just a movie......It is prophecy.
This is pretty specific to the U.S. I have some interesting philosophies about it to share later if I have time that go beyond too much food/not enough exercise. There is an uglification movement in the USA and we are in deep denial about it.

Old 04-26-2019, 01:09 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,578,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
You could look up pictures of young adults up till about 1990 or so and see the difference. People of today are not of the same quality, they are fatter, more lazy and sloppy. They also speak in a less educated way. I am afraid this all suggests that Idocracy is more than just a movie......It is prophecy.

It's only one opinion but it coincides nicely with the rise in the popularity of the Internet. When online life > offline life one may lose the motivation to keep themselves looking good.

Old 04-26-2019, 01:44 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,354,720 times
I don't understand the point of this thread.

Hopefully it ends with something being banned/taxed though.

Old 04-26-2019, 01:44 PM

19,615 posts, read 12,212,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Being obese is no reason to think that anyone looks bad or dresses bad. I know a lot of good looking obese people....
They can dress well but they are unhealthy. It is what it is. If you find a lot of obese people attractive you are in the minority.

Old 04-26-2019, 01:50 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,354,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
They can dress well but they are unhealthy. It is what it is. If you find a lot of obese people attractive you are in the minority.
I prefer my women to have some meat on the bones. I'm sure some women I consider knockouts are technically overweight but being obese is another thing altogether.

Old 04-26-2019, 03:07 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,817,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post

Thread is about "looks" not health. And a lot of thin people I know are in poor health. I'm technically overweight but have no health problems. I lift very heavy weight (can squat over 300lb and I'm a woman) but don't take any steroids or anything. My doctor is always surprised at how much I weigh because I don't "look" overweight to her even though per the scale I am. I don't weigh myself except when I go to the doctor today because I know that weight is not an indication of "health." But because I do have health issues in my family, I go to the doctor 2-3 times per year in order to monitor blood pressure in particular as it runs in my family. The person who has it the worst is my skinniest aunt and that is because she smokes and eats a lot of pork IMO. She is about 5'7" and weighs about 145lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I prefer my women to have some meat on the bones. I'm sure some women I consider knockouts are technically overweight but being obese is another thing altogether.
I know many women who are technically considered "obese" but who are just "thick" if you know what I mean. Many of them are 200lbs but are body builders who have strong bodies that aren't muscular like a man with big butts lol.

Old 04-26-2019, 03:37 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,204,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
My Grandmother used to say the same thing about Elvis....
I think every generation is worse than the one before it.

I find it hilarious that people think we're so much smarter than our ancestors. Where is the modern-day equivalent of Thomas Jefferson and Alexander Hamilton?

It amazes me just how dumb we are, while everyone imagines themselves brilliant, as does every generation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies