Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2019, 09:33 PM

18,498 posts, read 15,303,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
You're conceding far too much. He's following the law, which is (according to the fake news media) a revolutionary act.
I’m a realist. And a cynic. I believe that the office of attorney general has ALWAYS been politicized. And today is no different, but that doesn’t mean that Barr is wrong.

What makes me laugh, is the attempt by left wing news sources to try to convince us that all this stuff that has been going on forever, is new, under THIS president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2019, 09:36 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,405,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Barr said he had not reviewed the obstruction evidence when he issued his "summary." Maybe he needed to be more thorough. And honest.
Where did he say that?

Old 05-01-2019, 09:43 PM

51,671 posts, read 25,918,928 times
Barr is wrong.

He's the attorney general.

His job is to defend the rule of law, not undermine it.

Old 05-01-2019, 09:49 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,928,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Barr spanked their ass today......he corrected everyone and attempted to let them know that there are 2 sides, not what you feel is right. That's why there are thresholds within the law...called "burden of proof/reasonable doubt" the left has failed...again....with 22 months..... and who knows how many lawyers and everything else that went along with this investigation.....
He didn't show anything other than that he is an obfuscating tool.

Give me a break - if you've read any parts of the report with an open mind, you'd clearly see what he has been doing.

Old 05-01-2019, 09:55 PM

2,561 posts, read 2,195,480 times
Quote:
Yes, of course, but they don't warp elections by telling gargantuan lies that are fitted into a framework of lies (a false reality) carefully constructed over a period of more than 70 years lies.
I can't even understand what this first sentence means.

Quote:
Trump's lies are just silly lies of self-aggrandizement.
Many of them are, but
1)it's disturbing that people are okay with that. Not even self aggrandizement, some are just stupid. How many people do you interact with in your daily life that tell you thousands of lies over a 2 year period? You'd stop talking to them right? I dated someone once that started lying about really stupid things that were utterly pointless and easily verifiable. That obviously didn't last.

2) Many of them are not just silly lies of self aggrandizement.

-He said windmill noise causes cancer. It might sound silly but 1)not self aggrandizement 2) a bunch of morons take his word for it and have no concern for climate change as a result

-Opioid bill: https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...get-much-demo/

-Preexisting conditions: https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...democrats-pre/

-Whether or not Russia interfered in the election: https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-russian-medd/

I mean, I could just give you the link to Politifact. You can spend days there, and perhaps by the end, maybe you'll think, "hey I lean a little bit right, but it would be great if we can get a more honest Republican in charge."

If you want my viewpoint. I am not of the impression that Democrats or Republicans are honest about everything. They're politicians. But what I do is when I learn new information, I process it, rationalize it and see if it makes sense from an objective standpoint. I cross reference it against other sources and data. Very little of what Donald Trump makes sense, is honest, is backed by data, or shows an ounce of integrity, so why is he in charge of a country of more than 300 million people?

Old 05-01-2019, 09:59 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,289,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Barr is wrong.

mueller and his team messed up and now you want to blame Barr? LMAO!

Mueller and his staff didn’t like the media coverage so they went crying to Barr and Barr released the whole 400 page report and Democrats still crying foul.

Old 05-01-2019, 10:10 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,119,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Barr is wrong.

that's what he did

it's Democrats who want to abuse the DOJ to go after people they don't like

Old 05-01-2019, 10:12 PM

18,077 posts, read 27,530,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
U.S. Attorney General William Barr testifies to the Senate Judiciary Committee about the Mueller/Weissmann/Rosenstein report.

His opening statement link: https://www.scribd.com/document/4082...For-The-Record

Watch it live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf71...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORFa...ature=youtu.be
What a beautiful day.

Love that Bill Barr.

Take tomorrow off. What an awesome day.

It's Over tds people!

It's over. Goodbye. Goodnight. Now, a reckoning.

Old 05-01-2019, 10:14 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,601,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
mueller and his team messed up and now you want to blame Barr? LMAO!

Mueller and his staff didn’t like the media coverage so they went crying to Barr and Barr released the whole 400 page report and Democrats still crying foul.
Again, Mueller didn’t mention the media in his letter. He took issue with Barr’s selective summary made up of quotes taken out of context to make it appear to say something it did not. People need to stop pretending that the letter isn’t there for all of us to read. Telling us it says one thing when it plainly says another won’t convince anyone who read the letter it says something other than what it actually says. It just ruins your credibility.

Old 05-01-2019, 10:26 PM

45,675 posts, read 24,085,979 times
Barr thinks he nailed it today- who needs an encore.

YEah we all know it isn't a a show but some folks may be confused
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies