Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2019, 10:39 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,130,165 times

Advertisements

All this because he didn't say what the dems & libs wanted to hear. Sweet!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2019, 10:40 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Actually, the congress has more right to material then the Department of Justice.

The Department of Justice is a creature of the congress, not the other way around.
Sounds like a repeat of the story of Frankenstein !!!

Old 05-09-2019, 11:14 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,800,167 times
So let me get this right (from everything I have read and heard). This committee is upset because Barr is legally bound to not release certain things because of ongoing criminal investigations. Which is is bound by law to not release.
It makes me wonder if someone on the committee is involved in this with how much they keep pushing.
If it was that urgent and they want to get their grubby little hands on it, then why not wait for Mueller to testify next week before holding Barr in contempt. It will be so hilarious is Mueller takes the same stances as Barr has. If he does it will completely show how unhinged the democratic party has become.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
When in fact, he is supposed to be OUR lawyer, the people's lawyer ... and we pay his salary.

Through malpractice, Barr's reputation is ruined and the constitution is assailed.

“Your reputation is in the hands of others. That's what the reputation is. You can't control that. The only thing you can control is your character.”
Dr Wayne Dwyer

~
We also pay congress's salary too and they don't truly represent the people. They represent their pockets and how they can make a dime at doing nothing so.....

Old 05-09-2019, 11:18 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,544,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Except what Congress is demanding is unreadable. They won’t be happy until Trump is out of office
It shouldn’t be unreadable though.

Old 05-09-2019, 11:21 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
It shouldn’t be unreadable though.

Then go complain to the dems...they made the law....

Old 05-09-2019, 11:28 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,733,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Sounds like a repeat of the story of Frankenstein !!!
Except this isn't fiction...

Fact is, Mueller's report noted 10 times it seemed Trump may have obstructed justice. No indictment plopped the whole thing in the lap of Congress which includes the House of Representatives of course. Ds just won a majority in the House. Just about a split in the Senate. What would any reasonable American expect Congress to do given the representation in Congress of BOTH parties, not just those for or afraid of Trump? Much different from what the Republicans did to Holder?

“You will recognize that special counsel Mueller did spin off a number of cases which continue in progress and are being handled in the department. And so, we have to make sure nothing in the report impinges on those ongoing cases,” -- Barr

We can wait I think...

Old 05-09-2019, 11:31 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
So let me get this right (from everything I have read and heard). This committee is upset because Barr is legally bound to not release certain things because of ongoing criminal investigations. Which is is bound by law to not release.
Perhaps your sources didn't tell you this, but the standard procedure is for the Attorney General to ask the grand juries to release the information. This has been done many times before, all of the major investigations. Sometimes they can not release everything but they will release what they feel is appropriate, (which in the past has been a lot, even most of the information requested).

Barr is refusing to ask the grand juries. Barr is refusing to follow normal procedure for his own purposes.

He is (and you are) using this as an excuse, but it is not the reason the material can not be released.
Quote:
It makes me wonder ...
Keep wondering.

Quote:
We also pay congress's salary too and they don't truly represent the people. They represent their pockets and how they can make a dime at doing nothing so.....
The congresspeople represent their individual districts.

If your congressperson does not represent your district, that is your responsibility to fix.

Perhaps you will agree with me that we need to get big dark money out of politics. Our members of congress will spend more time talking to their constituents and less time talking to out of district donors.

Old 05-09-2019, 11:35 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,837,587 times
Quote:
That's all you've read and heard? Well let's fix that for you then.

"The Constitution gives the “the sole Power of Impeachment” to the House of Representatives, and the House Judiciary Committee has jurisdiction over impeachments. The Mueller investigation was, among other things, an investigation into possible criminal conduct by the president of the United States. There is no legal principle, including the separation of powers, that would permit the executive branch to block the results of an investigation into crimes allegedly committed by the president from the House of Representatives. To do so would deny the House’s ability to carry out its constitutional power of impeachment."

Source: https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...-report-226340

This was written by a JD from Yale. Feel free to present a reference to a scholarly rebuttal to that opinion and not just hearsay.

Old 05-09-2019, 11:41 AM

25,461 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
It makes me wonder if someone on the committee is involved in this with how much they keep pushing.
If it was that urgent and they want to get their grubby little hands on it, then why not wait for Mueller to testify next week before holding Barr in contempt. It will be so hilarious is Mueller takes the same stances as Barr has. If he does it will completely show how unhinged the democratic party has become.

Nadler said he didn't want him to release anything regarding the grand jury. He's not asking him to break the law.

Old 05-09-2019, 11:43 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,544,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Then go complain to the dems...they made the law....
I’m complaining to both parties not use one.

I’m sure the question has been asked but why is Trump blocking Report That Fully Exonerates him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies